watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Cardiff City Fans

Started by terryr, September 27, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

As part of my usual build up I've been scanning Cardiff City Forums which are just now talking about the game. I had to dig around as there seems to be very little ( or I just cant find active forums)
Here's a selection:

"
"]Why put so much pressure on ourselves. People are setting themselves up for disappointment. We lost to Spurs and it stung, but walking away from that game all I could keep thinking to myself was "we are going to be OK"

We are boringly good, no team will hammer us and we are so disciplined, it may look frustrating, but it will get us through.

A draw at Fulham will feel like winning the FA cup for me, for the first time in my life the performance means as much if not more than the result to me.

In the past we have won games and been dead lucky and that was great, but you can't ride your luck forever. If we go to Fulham expecting to win and it goes wrong, then I am concerned negativity will spread, it's great being the underdog with us getting behind the team and feeling like we are part of it, I dread the occasions when we expect to much and then boo or turn on the team and manager if things don't go our own way
Let's get behind the team and let them know win lose or draw, if they play to their potential and give us 100% we will always back them. "

"Simplistic, but a draw denies Fulham an extra 2 points from what they probably deem a guaranteed 3 points...."

"I think we're more than capable of getting a result there. Fulham are an established top flight side but are in that group below the top six where everyone could beat each other. Some people are criticising our cautious approach to the opening games, to which I can't understand and vehemently disagree with, but that's their problem not mine

It's a happy hunting ground and I can see a 2-0 win (Kim, Osaze)"

"I think we can get something out of the game on Saturday Lakey.

Regarding the cautious approach, that is Malky Mackay's style, pure and simple.

I can't see him changing his teams style much too soon though I would like to see him inject more pace in to the side and hopefully that will be on Saturday with the use of Odemwingie.

We can't bemoan the fact that we ain't getting many shots on target if we are not supplying the chances and opportunities."

"Hows this for a stat -

Of our last 18 league games we have won 4. Only one away.
Of the 4 we have won we beat a 10 man Forest and a god awful weakened for some bizarre reason Blackburn at home.

The only team we have beaten away is Sheffield Wednesday since February.

Red hot form is something we are not in"

"Got to attack Fulham, no more sitting back, no more respect, go for the jugular.

I would also like to see Noone in the squad. "

"Years ago, on the TV programme Till Death Do Us Part, Alf Garnett used to refer to Fulham as Johnny Haynes and his seven bloody dwarfs."

Deanothefulhamfan

If you took out the cardiff words you would think those quotes were from a fulham forum haha....

Could be a super dull game with both teams adopting a negative approach.... Can you imagine the midfield conversation to the other teams central midfield.... " you go on and attack, we like to be negative, oh please let us do the defending, we don't like to attack"

4-4 it is then ;)

rusty shackleford

I hope they do be negative and defend. Cause itll give us the chance to attack for a change instead of always being on the back foot

terryr

I really hope they sit back and defend.
B & B will put some in the back of the net!
Could be more fun than dull, just depends on us it seems

terryr

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 27, 2013, 02:18:21 PM
If you took out the cardiff words you would think those quotes were from a fulham forum haha....

Could be a super dull game with both teams adopting a negative approach.... Can you imagine the midfield conversation to the other teams central midfield.... " you go on and attack, we like to be negative, oh please let us do the defending, we don't like to attack"

4-4 it is then ;)
Except they don't seem to be as obsessed as we are about the manager

Lighthouse

Blimey with them sitting back and us sitting back it appears there will be very little excitement.

A 4-4 draw it is then.

Oh and the reason they are not obsessed about their manager and we are is because we are supposed to be the established Prem side not a side scared to attack.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sammyffc

could possibly be one of those games which on MOTD has about 3seconds of match highlights compared to the usual 10 seconds

Pluto

Quote from: TerryR on September 27, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

"I would also like to see Noone in the squad."

With no one in their squad we might actually win!  :005:

HatterDon

Quote from: Pluto on September 27, 2013, 03:50:56 PM

damn! You beat me to it again!  082.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WhiteJC

it kinda depends on how many own goals we'd score  fp.gif

St Eve

That's funny

NogoodBoyo

They have no one in their squad.  We have duff and kac wingers in ours.
Nogood "what a spectacles, isit" Boyo

Pluto

Quote from: HatterDon on September 27, 2013, 05:19:14 PM

damn! You beat me to it again!  082.gif

082.gif Great minds!

terryr

Update- Here  is the latest:
"Will be mental... Fulham packed is only about 24K total and most fulham fans hardly open their mouths - will be loud!"
"Will be an experience for the neutrals being surrounded by City fans. Neutrals, do the Ayatollah!"
"sing when they're rowing, they only sing when they're rowing!!!"
"SONGS FOR TOMORROW"
"Where's Al-Fayed gone?
Where's Al-Fayed gone?
Far Far Away!
Bloooobirds..."
"Really looking forward to going away to Fulham tomorrow, We need a win and were more than capable of getting it, especially with Malky's passion and management and backed by over 3,600 fanatical Bluebird fans. " COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS "

Also with fans going in the Neutral end, we could end up with 4,000 City fans there, We asked for 6,000"

"know loads of boys who are in the neutral end it could be all cardiff mate"

"And you don't think other clubs take 4000 - why do you think Fulham have this 'neutral' section, other than to fill it with away fans as the home fans don't sell it."
"Think we will win this 3-1C"

" they are not on a par with Everton or Spurs.
The chances are Burbatov won't turn up like he often doesn't. They have nothing more to threaten us with than spurs had, less in fact.
I agree with the above, 3 - 1 to City. KTF "
"
DauDegCigMoch PoethSpyriaid.

Un o fy hoff gyfieithiadau.

Piti na fyddwn ni'n chwarae CwlwmynyCigMoch Coedwig eleni."