News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just to see how many people now want him gone...

Started by shnlwswlkr, September 28, 2013, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

My desire for change is fuelled not just by the lack of performance level or results on the pitch ..... but managerial style, poor communication, footballing philosophy, etc. Did Jol go round the ground applauding Fulham supporters at the end of the Everton victory to show his gratitude for their support? Sometimes, an action like that would help a Manager's connection with the supporters .... I think Cookie would have done that.

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on September 30, 2013, 02:39:41 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 29, 2013, 05:50:25 PM
LB, Mr P,

I guess a lot of the acrimony arose from those in the Jol out camp just saying that, 'Jol Out' (and some still do) without expressing any belief or mention of a replacement, credible or not, and that can rub people the wrong way. I frimly believe that even if Jol had kept an even keel and the Club in the middle of the table for the past season + 6 games, there would still be those calling for his head, and those that believe that is where the club truly belongs.

There are also others, myself included, that believes if a better replacement is available, notwithstanding the current position of the club being middle or bottom, then that kind of change is always for the good, and applaud it, but, that position is precarious inasmuch that we have all been bitten by the 'grass is greener' bug on the rear end before.

Jol, however talented he might me as a coach, has not proved himself to be that coach at the Cottage, for whatever reasons, and therefore the slew of possible replacements grows wider with each match, though I would still caution for that.

So many people were so grateful for Sanchez when he took over from Cookie in the sunset of the 2006-07 season (I was one of those vocally against change), but when the season resumed, we were treated to one of the worst managerial episodes of recent Fulham history. We were then fortunate to bring in the glorious Roy era.

The corollary to the highlighted point is the fact that there were dozens of threads where pro-Jols said "The problem is there's nobody to replace Jol" despite the fact that there were dozens of OTHER threads -- some of them several pages long -- where name after name was mooted, discussed and evaluated. Despite these all being available "on paper" as it were, the implication  on the part of the questioner is that none of the "anti-Jols" had even considered that a replacement must be put in place, and that we were all motivated by irrational hatred of Jol.

This was more than a little irritating. Following along in the "career irritant of the Jol Outers" were these retorts [repeated many many many many times]:

1. This is just a knee-jerk reaction to one or two matches.
2. This criticism is really just anti-Fulham sentiment, and finally [and most ludicrous, if I may say so]
3. it is this unwarranted criticism of our manager that is causing the poor play in the first place.

I recognize that times have changed on FofF, that the days when we referred to each other as "Mr." [where appropriate] and dealt with each other with good natured joshing are gone. We live in a FofF where people only read the threads they start, and whose initial response is always personal and aggressive. FofF is filled with posters who seem to exist only to "stir the pot," and this is going to make Mods go nuts.

I'm a person whose opinions have almost always been counter to those opinions of my friends and family. As a result, I'm not upset when someone disagrees with my assessment of something. I AM upset when people on this site question my love for the team, my sanity, my intelligence, etc.

Well put HD, this point has been bothering me for a while now. The retort that those in favour of MJ being replaced could not name a successor was simply not true, as you say a host of names have been listed (including some very left field ones).  It may be true that those in favour of retaining MJ did not fancy the suggested or available successors but that is not the same point.

I am personally saddened to take the view that a man of Martin Jol's stature in the game should have his contract terminated by FFC but I think that is what it has come to.  The question of the suitability of the many and varied potential replacements is quite another matter.

JDH101

Signed, sealed, delivered.

I'm surprised he's still here since he has so many top jobs in Europe lined up.

..Kya.ffc..

Beers may have been involved in this post.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

mungos beans

I dont understand why that mess is still in charge.

Hammer Smith

I went to see them at Southampton on Saturday (I would usually say "us" but I just cannot identify enough with this team at the moment) and here's my considered opinion:

Jol out! Jol out! Jol out!

Flummer23

Held out for a long time, but it seems apparent he's out of ideas on how to effectively use the talent he has.  He's gotta go.
It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

watfordwhite

Peabody

Quote from: mungos beans on October 29, 2013, 05:51:03 PM
I dont understand why that mess is still in charge.

Please tell me why you need to  use abuse to get your point over?

cottage cheese

A loss tonight to me is not the end of the world..Jol surely will be gone/on his way out as a consequence. We have a much bigger game on Saturday in my eyes.  Finally a united team that looks beatable...Then again we are playing so badly who knows

SmithyFFC

FTID