more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol post match comments

Started by The Old Count, September 28, 2013, 07:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

'Richardson crossed but there was no one to put the ball in.'

Was that because he'd just taken Bent off?

I found the rest of his comments about us needing to be thankful for what we've got or have had to be asinine and insulting.   

shnlwswlkr

When you need a goal, you take a proven goal scorer, who is amazing at poaching a goal, off the pitch. It's the way things are done, don't you know that? ERRRMAAAHGAARRRD.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

threedhomer

Bent was terrible all game.  The sub should have been for Hugo who probably would have scored... Off his ass or something, but he would have scored.

the nutflush

All the teams want to do better. Our fans want us in the top 10 and if you look at the games, they've all been close. At Newcastle United, we conceded a late winner and West Bromwich Albion was the same when they scored a late equaliser.

"We haven't had the rub of the green. I'm always calm but I hate it when people get worried and nervous. I don't want to see the Club at the bottom of the table. I know we can do a lot better. We had all the size in the world today but we still lost headers at the far post."

The Manager added: "I think we will be okay but you have to win these games and we didn't. Fulham have been down there before. I remember Clint Dempsey scoring against Liverpool and Danny Murphy's header at Portsmouth. I think we've done remarkably well to have more points than, for example, Swansea City over the last few years. People don't appreciate it, but it's true."

Seriously you couldnt make this poo up.  We got absolutely bashed up at Newcastle.  Lucky we didnt lose 6 - 0.  Then he still finds a way to mention Dempsey in a post match comment.  Then he says we have no right to be better than Swansea.  For Gods sake Mr Khan pull the trigger.  Get someone in with some balls not weak excuses. 

EJL

Quote from: the nutflush on September 28, 2013, 10:29:48 PMI think we've done remarkably well to have more points than, for example, Swansea City over the last few years. People don't appreciate it, but it's true."
This is got to be the worst of the lot. I mean, what on Earth does us finishing with more points than Swansea have to do with our dreadful current form?

Shredhead

I was watching him through my binos after Cardiff scored their first.
He sat on the bench for ages not doing anything. The whole bench were sitting there, arms folded, looking totally non-plussed and clueless. It was ages before anyone got up and started directing the players. Even then, it wasn't Jol.
Grrrrr.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

nose

bent was a big error, playing well or bad, he would likely have been there to pop it in, a proper forward, as it was we had nobody, the closest was reither i think to getting a touch.
#

Berserker

I think he has given up himself. Maybe he wants to leave but feels  if he is sacked then the club has to pay him compensation
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Pluto

Quote from: EJL on September 28, 2013, 10:33:24 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on September 28, 2013, 10:29:48 PMI think we've done remarkably well to have more points than, for example, Swansea City over the last few years. People don't appreciate it, but it's true."
This is got to be the worst of the lot. I mean, what on Earth does us finishing with more points than Swansea have to do with our dreadful current form?

And they only got promoted a couple of seasons ago whilst we've been in the division over a decade, and were playing in Europe when Jol joined..........

Lighthouse

Cardiff City had twice the amount of efforts on goal. They had 10 corners in the first half.

Now we were lucky at Newcastle and we were lucky today. Both those games should have been out of sight long before the final minutes ticked down.

We had one effort on goal at Sunderland and won. I would say we have been very lucky to have the few points we have. With minutes to go, playing at home. you don't take a striker off without replacing him with a striker. Was Berbatov so good he had to stay on instead of Bent? 

Anyway I am long passed caring about Jol. He will never change. Never liked the football. But he has probably done more damage then we can ever repair and the club itself with poor judgement and backing for players deserve plenty of criticisim too. Very sad to say but our once proud little club is just a little club poorly led on and off the pitch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MasterHaynes

Quote from: EJL on September 28, 2013, 10:33:24 PM
I've been a supporter of Jol even after today's game. Now I know his comments are not very clever at times but this goes one step beyond. Yes we should have more points than Swansea! Fulham have more sponsorship, have been in the premier league 10 years longer with the accompanying increased income, 5000 bigger average gate and had/have wealthy owners. To think we can't compete with the likes of Swansea sounds like he has given up, doesn't think he is capable of turning things around and is trying to rewrite events to bolster his CV ready for his next job.Time to start looking for someone who can take us forward for the next 5 years.

premFlem

Quote from: Berserker on September 28, 2013, 10:38:44 PM
I think he has given up himself. Maybe he wants to leave but feels  if he is sacked then the club has to pay him compensation
+1  The longer The Board and Mr Khan allow this situation to continue the tougher it becomes for any new boss to sort it out
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Andy S