watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hope v expectation

Started by Joe blogs, September 28, 2013, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe blogs

I resent being told that as supporters we set our expectations too high.

I EXPECT the team to turn up fit! well trained! allowing for injuries they are the best available.
I don't EXPECT heads to drop,
I EXPECT them to be trained to function as a team.
I HOPE they understand how much our club matters to us and will respect that and play wholeheartedly.
Naive? Maybe, but I always go to The Cottage with HOPE. (Though it is becoming harder.)

sunburywhite

Quote from: Joe blogs on September 28, 2013, 08:05:04 PM
I resent being told that as supporters we set our expectations too high.

I EXPECT the team to turn up fit! well trained! allowing for injuries they are the best available.
I don't EXPECT heads to drop,
I EXPECT them to be trained to function as a team.
I HOPE they understand how much our club matters to us and will respect that and play wholeheartedly.
Naive? Maybe, but I always go to The Cottage with HOPE. (Though it is becoming harder.)

plus 1
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ordar

I expect them to show why they're professionals being paid millions of pounds rather than performing like a pub team stumbling around aimlessly hungover after a heavy night out.

I also expect Jol to demonstrate some kind of motivation and evidence that the players are receiving some form of tactical and physical coaching during the week

aaronmcguigan

Its easy to motivate... Goal bonuses, win bonuses do that. What Jol needs to do is inspire his team to want to do well for themselves and for the fans

alfie

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on September 28, 2013, 08:38:50 PM
Its easy to motivate... Goal bonuses, win bonuses do that. What Jol needs to do is inspire his team to want to do well for themselves and for the fans

thats the problem they should not need to be motivated to do their jobs.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JackyFulham90

All I want is attacking football i was very happy Tuesday felt like we had turned it around as we played well, today was a real hammer blow,  huge huge game against Stoke next week