watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v. Stoke

Started by fulhamfever, September 29, 2013, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

Got my ticket for my first home game this season. I have followed Fulham every game so far away from Home. I am currently trying to complete the 92 Football League grounds in the UK. I was at Villa yesterday and at Half Time they said among the fans its damage limitation in the 2nd Half. And Villa played really really well 2nd Half to win 3-2 against a very good City. It reminded me of the crisis at Fulham we would of been saying the same thing. But the 2nd half none stop singing from the Villa faithful helped the team go on to win. I AM NOT KNOCKING FULHAM'S SUPPORT. GOD BLESS THE HAMMERSMITH END and all other areas of the ground that shouted out there support for the team you have my utmost RESPECT. I cant wait for the game against Stoke I hope Fulham and Jol have an answer to Mark Hughes and his new style Stoke City.

The game against Cardiff was poor and we just have to move on to the next game. Personally I think we lack any flair at all and a change is imminent. Knowing Jol he probably scrape a 1-0 win next week at Home. But lets just get behind the team and if the Team does not do well then I am sorry Jol but its time you walked away and bring in someone who can do a job because at the moment its in your body language and voice at the post match interviews how you are under pressure.

COYW's

epsomraver

And your point is? You were not there but the Cardiff fans lifted their team to a victory? I can tell you the home  crowd yesterday up until the winner were singing out and cheering the team on, even sung Jol's name!!!  fp.gif Only changed after the goal and the final whistle to Jol out and that was from all quarters

fulhamfever

Epsomraver I am just saying what is done is done we lost. I didnt knock the Fulham support at all. My point is nothing we can do we lost and its on to the next game. I am just saying going forward Jol has a lot to prove at the moment he is a man under pressure. Its in his body language and in his after match interviews.

epsomraver

There is something we can do, we can demand Jol goes, we can make our feelings from the stands  known, those who go of course can, others can sit back at home and do nothing, move on to the next stream

fulhamfever

Mate whatever I am just making my point end of. Roll on Fulham v. Stoke.

Fraizers Right Boot

Quote from: epsomraver on September 29, 2013, 11:26:17 AM
And your point is? You were not there but the Cardiff fans lifted their team to a victory? I can tell you the home  crowd yesterday up until the winner were singing out and cheering the team on, even sung Jol's name!!!  fp.gif Only changed after the goal and the final whistle to Jol out and that was from all quarters

I am sorry but I was there yesterday in the away end (I'm a Cardiff fan) and I think I heard "Come on Fulham" once after you scored. That was it. How quietly were you lot signing?

mungos beans

Stoke are currently 1-0 down at home

SP

Quote from: mungos beans on September 29, 2013, 02:59:17 PM
Stoke are currently 1-0 down at home

What Stoke really need is a nice easy confidence boosting 3 points...

TheManOnTheBus

Funny,  :005: but true also ... and so I'll cry.  :026:

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on September 29, 2013, 11:26:17 AM
And your point is? You were not there but the Cardiff fans lifted their team to a victory? I can tell you the home  crowd yesterday up until the winner were singing out and cheering the team on, even sung Jol's name!!!  fp.gif Only changed after the goal and the final whistle to Jol out and that was from all quarters

Sorry, from where you sat that might have been the case, and all I can say is that from what was broadcast was the Putney end then. Hearing Cardiff singing loud and clear that the Fulham "support was S***" was clear to hear, and only into the second half was any singing heard from the Fulham fans. No, I wasn't there, but even I could hear the Cardiff fans behind their team.

It has been said on here, many, many times, how quiet the home fans are at the Cottage in comparison, so to berate a poster for simply stating what appears to be a fact is a little unfair. As I said, perhaps the mikes all around the ground except for the Putney end were all turned off, but I doubt it.

epsomraver

I was in the Hammersmith end H4 and people were singing and encouraging the team loudly  up until they scored the winner, said already people were even singing Jol's name, I know what I heard and saw so not really interested in what you "heard on the TV" The boys at the back even sung Mo's song and stick your blue flag, Of course you can hear  the away fans, you can hear them louder at any ground because they are concentrated in one small area,  Oh sorry it was all a dream!!!! stick to my stream next time when I want the facts about what happened at the ground.

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on September 29, 2013, 08:31:22 PM
I was in the Hammersmith end H4 and people were singing and encouraging the team loudly  up until they scored the winner, said already people were even singing Jol's name, I know what I heard and saw so not really interested in what you "heard on the TV" The boys at the back even sung Mo's song and stick your blue flag, Of course you can hear  the away fans, you can hear them louder at any ground because they are concentrated in one small area,  Oh sorry it was all a dream!!!! stick to my stream next time when I want the facts about what happened at the ground.

Perhaps if you were interested in what other people heard you might learn why certain comments are made rather than just your own experience, that's if you were remotely interested, of course, so why berate a poster who has just the experience he had.

Burt

This is my second season in the Hammy End after 10 years in the JH stand, where I sat mid-way between the Putney End and the half way line.

Fact of the matter is that even there you could hardly hear anything from the HE, whereas the away support would always be vocal in comparison. Even Wigan :)

I know the HE make plenty of noise, I sit there now, but the void at the back of the stand makes for pretty poor acoustics. Something the club has been looking at.

Logicalman

Quote from: Burt on September 29, 2013, 09:09:55 PM
This is my second season in the Hammy End after 10 years in the JH stand, where I sat mid-way between the Putney End and the half way line.

Fact of the matter is that even there you could hardly hear anything from the HE, whereas the away support would always be vocal in comparison. Even Wigan :)

I know the HE make plenty of noise, I sit there now, but the void at the back of the stand makes for pretty poor acoustics. Something the club has been looking at.

Good point Burt. Perhaps if the club would consider miking up in the HE a little more, it would give those fans who can only see the matches via broadcast, some respite from hearing just the away fans. I heard the faithful sing in the second half, and when I do, it's lump-in-the-throat and severe homesickness time, amazing how listening to something you were once regularly part of can bring that up.

SP

Given the passing of time & our current problems I've completely lost interest in Sparky, apart from hoping we secure a valuable 3 points off them next week.  Does anyone still feel the animosity for him?

Scrumpy

A good post from the OP, and I can't quite see why Epsom Raver got so touchy about it? But I will remind people that we can be very, very vocal when we have a team we can believe in, a team where we see improvement every game, organisation and effort every game. Remember some of the home games in the Great Escape season? I remember the Birmingham game in particular when the atmosphere was incessant.

But we need something to believe in, and something to shout about. Oh, and that bl00dy void at the back of the Hammy End filled in!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Whiteroom

Quote from: epsomraver on September 29, 2013, 01:24:54 PM
There is something we can do, we can demand Jol goes, we can make our feelings from the stands  known, those who go of course can, others can sit back at home and do nothing, move on to the next stream
I don't quite understand what you are getting at with the "sit back at home and do nothing, move on to the next stream" bit?

Berserker

I've decided  not to go to the Stoke match, it's the anniversary of my mum's passing a year ago and i'll be down as it is, i've decided to go walking on the Downs instead. So there will be one more empty seat at the game
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on September 29, 2013, 08:31:22 PM
I was in the Hammersmith end H4 and people were singing and encouraging the team loudly  up until they scored the winner, said already people were even singing Jol's name, I know what I heard and saw so not really interested in what you "heard on the TV" The boys at the back even sung Mo's song and stick your blue flag, Of course you can hear  the away fans, you can hear them louder at any ground because they are concentrated in one small area,  Oh sorry it was all a dream!!!! stick to my stream next time when I want the facts about what happened at the ground.

When I came over in September 2011, The Memsahib and me were sat in the Riverside in line with the goal line next to the Hammersmith End. I was stunned at the persistence and volume of the singing in the Hammersmith End, as well as in the Riverside [which I'd been told was a good place for an afternoon nap.]. What Ed has said repeatedly about the roof swallowing up the noise from the Hammersmith End was proven to me that day. I no longer shake my head when I hear no cheering on television -- as I most certainly did not on Saturday -- because I know that much of it is due to the position of the mikes.

Interestingly, the Fulham support is much more audible on Gentleman Jim's broadcasts.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamfever

Come on Fulham step it up for the Stoke game.