Stay
21 (20.8%)
Go
80 (79.2%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamphil on September 29, 2013, 06:44:15 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on September 29, 2013, 04:58:53 PM
When Sparky was manager surely we were bottom having lost to West Ham at home on Boxing Day yet finished in the top ten.

Not bottom but in bottom three for 48 hours till winning at Stoke on Dec 28th. Rumoured to be the game when Danny Murphy told Hughes FFC were going back to doing it their way. Jol first manager to land us in bottom three for longer than a week since 2008

Interesting point raised. We have had two managers between that and Jol, and both left of their own volition, so what does that say about the competence of managers that are willing to stick at the Cottage?

Furby

People say there's no real replacement at the moment so lets keep Jol until there is one. I don't understand this logic. Jol is not going to turn our situation or the fans opinion of him no matter how long he's given, and we're already looking at teams below us needing them to lose!!

Two people who I'd be more than happy to see in charge of us are either Solksjaer or Hoddle.

Solksjaer has taken Molde to the Champions League by winning the Norwegian league in his first season, knows how to nurture young players into first team squads with his two years in charge of Man Utd's reserves and by his own admission would love to manage in England one day.

Hoddle has been very successful at club and country level, a superb tactician and can/has attracted some big names in football to his previous clubs.

Logicalman

Quote from: Furby on September 29, 2013, 07:52:45 PM
People say there's no real replacement at the moment so lets keep Jol until there is one. I don't understand this logic. Jol is not going to turn our situation or the fans opinion of him no matter how long he's given, and we're already looking at teams below us needing them to lose!!

Two people who I'd be more than happy to see in charge of us are either Solksjaer or Hoddle.

Solksjaer has taken Molde to the Champions League by winning the Norwegian league in his first season, knows how to nurture young players into first team squads with his two years in charge of Man Utd's reserves and by his own admission would love to manage in England one day.

Hoddle has been very successful at club and country level, a superb tactician and can/has attracted some big names in football to his previous clubs.

Good points made. I firmly believe that we, as a mid-level club, seem to look to high when searching for managers. When we signed Roy, for the previous decade he hadn't managed any top-level club for a substantial period of time, and he was successful for us. Looking at the clubs on our own level, very few sign up to the really successful managers, because they know they will be just a stepping stone.

grandad

Quote from: Logicalman on September 29, 2013, 05:24:20 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 29, 2013, 03:24:20 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2013, 03:18:29 PM
Not casting my vote until a suitable alternative is suggested. On all the threads on this subject I have yet to see a new person who will either do a better job or who would want to come to us.
It would serve no purpose in sacking Jol & then scratching around for a replacement.

Thats not the point. Jol clearly has no idea what he is doing, and his coaching team are no better. Its more about getting a new perspective, new tactics and new staff. Add to that Jol has done nothing since he has been in charge, with us falling down the table every year. He has to go.
Of course it is the point

:plus one:

That is the WHOLE point. Just sacking a manager is not the whole excercise, there MUST be a replacement, even a caretaker manager, and until someone can suggest such a person, then it's pointless to just shout 'Jol Out', or are such people suggesting we should be a manager-less club for a while?
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2013, 03:18:29 PM
Not casting my vote until a suitable alternative is suggested. On all the threads on this subject I have yet to see a new person who will either do a better job or who would want to come to us.
It would serve no purpose in sacking Jol & then scratching around for a replacement.
You mean a suitable alternative in your eyes. There have been plenty of name listed. I dont like all of them and I have my own choices, but Jol is only taking is one way, even if we just gave it to Kit Symons it would be a fresh pair of eyes on the situation.

Vermeer

Strongly agree with Furby. We must say thank you Martin but farewell as soon as we sensibly can and yes, Solksjaar and Hoddle are also very strong candidates. Hoddle might be a perfect fit for our club with our promising youngsters and he won't let Berbatovell him what to do. A thoughtful bloke and badly treated by t :kettle pot:he FA

Vermeer

Sorry. Major wobbly with me Samsung mobile. Just meant to write "badly treated by the FA"