Previous topic - Next topic

Should Jol Stay or Go?

Stay
21 (20.8%)
Go
80 (79.2%)

Total Members Voted: 94

fulhams_finest

A New Poll as requested to gather general feeling on Martin Jol and his job safety

grandad

Not casting my vote until a suitable alternative is suggested. On all the threads on this subject I have yet to see a new person who will either do a better job or who would want to come to us.
It would serve no purpose in sacking Jol & then scratching around for a replacement.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Brown@FFC

Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2013, 03:18:29 PM
Not casting my vote until a suitable alternative is suggested. On all the threads on this subject I have yet to see a new person who will either do a better job or who would want to come to us.
It would serve no purpose in sacking Jol & then scratching around for a replacement.

Thats not the point. Jol clearly has no idea what he is doing, and his coaching team are no better. Its more about getting a new perspective, new tactics and new staff. Add to that Jol has done nothing since he has been in charge, with us falling down the table every year. He has to go.

Bassey the warrior

Obviously we need to have replacements lined up. I'm not a fan of the interim manager, it creates uncertainty among the players.

KP_FFC

i want jol to go, but we dont know if the next manager will be any better
and it may affect the players in a negative way rather than a positive way

also we're only 3 points behind united :D

Brown@FFC

Quote from: KP_FFC on September 29, 2013, 03:58:49 PM

It's not about quality, it's about a different perspective, attitude, tactics etc. We need a change for the better, but to change things for the better, you need to take risks. Jol is too calm as a manager, we need a very vocal one. Di Matteo and Poyet will never be in their seats during the game.

grandad

De Matteo & Poyet. If  that´s all that can be suggested is exactly my point.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

"Jol is too calm as a manager, we need a very vocal one."    Oh dear, were it that simple.  I believe Mr Di Canio was quite vocal.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Tonywa

So Jol is too calm and not vocal enough. Is he by any chance related to the Martin Jol who is constantly being accused here of being abrasive, difficult to get one with and constantly falling out with his players because of his combative manner?  I think we should be told.

Tonywa

When Sparky was manager surely we were bottom having lost to West Ham at home on Boxing Day yet finished in the top ten.

Twig

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 29, 2013, 03:24:20 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

Thats not the point. Jol clearly has no idea what he is doing, and his coaching team are no better. Its more about getting a new perspective, new tactics and new staff. Add to that Jol has done nothing since he has been in charge, with us falling down the table every year. He has to go.

That is the WHOLE point. Just sacking a manager is not the whole excercise, there MUST be a replacement, even a caretaker manager, and until someone can suggest such a person, then it's pointless to just shout 'Jol Out', or are such people suggesting we should be a manager-less club for a while?

Logicalman

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 29, 2013, 05:12:55 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 29, 2013, 05:02:08 PM
Bored with Jol polls.

...Agreed...

Agreed as well, we need to restrict this to one a week, and this is the one for this week, starting today.

Logicalman

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 29, 2013, 04:35:37 PM

It's not about quality, it's about a different perspective, attitude, tactics etc. We need a change for the better, but to change things for the better, you need to take risks. Jol is too calm as a manager, we need a very vocal one. Di Matteo and Poyet will never be in their seats during the game.

So Attitude, perspective and tactics have nothing to do with quality? really? Then lets get Greg Abbott in, I'm certain at Carlisle he had perspective, attitude and tactics that were different to Jols, unfortunately they might not be of any quality, but that doesn't count it appears.

KP_FFC

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 29, 2013, 04:35:37 PM

if you think di matteo and poyet are what we need?
di matteo isnt any good, yes he won the cpl but thats with a great team and some luck. didnt he get west brom relegated? yes thats exactly what we need, a manager who has failed at helping a team in our position before
and poyet barely has any bpl experience so no thanks

Logicalman

Riverside

I have changed my mind yesterday .  093.gif
Forget being unlucky and conceding another goal in added time .
We were second best .

Clearly the team has no confidence in itself or each other .

Fear from Stockdale through Hangeland
No faith that the ball will be crossed from Bent and Berba .
Nobody ahead to pass to .

If they actually played the ball forward - as Cardiff did - we could do well .

But I don't see that happening under the current set up.

fulhamphil

Quote from: Tonywa on September 29, 2013, 04:58:53 PM
When Sparky was manager surely we were bottom having lost to West Ham at home on Boxing Day yet finished in the top ten.

Not bottom but in bottom three for 48 hours till winning at Stoke on Dec 28th. Rumoured to be the game when Danny Murphy told Hughes FFC were going back to doing it their way. Jol first manager to land us in bottom three for longer than a week since 2008

Vermeer

Di Matteo maybe the answer though I admit to uncertainty on who we should bring in. But correct me if I'm wrong~he didn't get West Brom relegated. They were struggling, he hadn't been there very long and he was sacked sharpish. Roy took over and did his usual superb organising drill and they reached with him their highest ever position in the top flight. Di Mo must have something to get Chelsea to Euro champions when they were in disarray under AVB. Not sure who is the best bet, but if gangrene has set in, amputate as soon as reasonably possible