watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone wish we'd got Pochettino?

Started by The Old Count, September 29, 2013, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Really good manager. Brave move by Southampton dropping Adkins.

It shows it can be done.

AlbanianWhite

It helps having young impressionable players.
An Albanian is for life, not just for Christmas!

valdeingruo

Theres no way you could have seen the results. Everyone thought Southampton was a bit mad for bringing him in. Foresight is wonderful. Would you have taken the risk months ago?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

AlbanianWhite

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bassey the warrior

Yes. I liked him from the very first game I saw his side play. He, Rodgers and Laudrup are the most exciting managers in the league.

Alfayedslovechild

What, the guy who's had millions at his disposal and cant speak a word of English? Their current success is not all down to him I'm afraid..

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on September 29, 2013, 07:37:31 PM
What, the guy who's had millions at his disposal and cant speak a word of English? Their current success is not all down to him I'm afraid..

Do wonder how much passion and direction can be got across through a translator.

Alfayedslovechild

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 29, 2013, 07:47:26 PM

Do wonder how much passion and direction can be got across through a translator.

And forgot add, who got sacked from his last club for getting them, or nearly getting them relegated. I'm not buying it just quite yet that he's a good manager. Like you say, the guy can't even mumble his way through an interview without a translator being present, so how the hell can he get his own tactics through to his players?   

AlbanianWhite

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on September 29, 2013, 07:57:58 PM

And forgot add, who got sacked from his last club for getting them, or nearly getting them relegated. I'm not buying it just quite yet that he's a good manager. Like you say, the guy can't even mumble his way through an interview without a translator being present, so how the hell can he get his own tactics through to his players?   
It must be the elves that have sorted them out then.

Jack Fulham

I wish a lot of things but as you say its an example it can be done. I remember where West Brom did it with Hodgson and now they're flourishing in this league from the ground work he put in which is being maintained by Steve Clarke.

The Old Count

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 29, 2013, 07:26:27 PM
I wish we had even got Pinocchio

Pinochio is just ahead for me too, by a nose.

AlbanianWhite

Ruiz11

He's an excellent manager. Quite rightly there was an outcry when Atkins was sacked because he was doing a good job and the team weren't in relegation trouble. But Pocchettino has bizarrely been viewed with suspicion and distrust, even though it wasn't his fault that Southampton decided to sack Atkins. He's at a higher level and can attract players of the calibre of Osvaldo and Wanyama.

Burt

I thought they were mad for firing Atkins, it's not as if they guy was making a hash of things. He got a bum deal.

Funny business, football.

AlbanianWhite

Quote from: Ruiz11 on September 29, 2013, 10:16:38 PM
He's an excellent manager. Quite rightly there was an outcry when Atkins was sacked because he was doing a good job and the team weren't in relegation trouble. But Pocchettino has bizarrely been viewed with suspicion and distrust, even though it wasn't his fault that Southampton decided to sack Atkins. He's at a higher level and can attract players of the calibre of Osvaldo and Wanyama.
Wanyama ain't worth a wa nk!

Footballs a simple game made difficult by fools! No pun intended....

AlbanianWhite

bigalffc

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on September 29, 2013, 07:57:58 PM

Maybe Jol should get a translator- god knows nobody understands his tactics
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HatterDon

Quote from: andersons11 on September 29, 2013, 07:22:37 PM
Theres no way you could have seen the results. Everyone thought Southampton was a bit mad for bringing him in. Foresight is wonderful. Would you have taken the risk months ago?

Nope, they fired their gaffer after the team had turned it around. I thought it was an incredibly stupid move. I was wrong.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel