watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

An apology

Started by terryr, September 29, 2013, 09:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I've already made a direct apology to someone who was at the sharp end of a personal message tirade I made as a result of some comments I received from a post after the heart ache as a result of our loss to Cardiff City.The other person quite rightly hasn't responded at all.
But I extend my apology unreservedly to him ( or her) as well.
FOF represents a chance to exchange ideas, and views on the team we all love, but it seems to me it can, at times, feel like a bit of a mutual misery society.
That's certainly not the fault of the moderators, but definitely the fault of some of us.
  Endlessly negative posts and negative cheap shots say more about us than the team, other posters or anyone else.
CC  seems to relish in that vibe and I want no part of it
To be honest, I have taken all of this to heart way to much.
I have followed the team loyally for years, checking scores and our position in the table in the Herald Tribune from the strangest places you could imagine, ...places where the English Football is far from the minds of anyone's consciousness..
This year I have had the privilege of buying season tickets and attending games.
Regardless of the results I love the team.
I will always follow Fulham, wherever I am.

Logicalman

Nicely put Terry, we could all write one of these at times.

NogoodBoyo

Very good message that.  And I wholeheartedly agree with its sentiments.  Eight or nine years ago I wrote my first message on the old motherboard.  The first reply was: "Ummm, not very funny that."
Bu I had vowed never to get involved in online fights - a pointless exercise that is probably bad for your health.  But today I hinted that someone was a moron.  Not very clever that.
Nogood "Gordon's the only moron, isit" Boyo

Scrumpy

You know, Clubs can be pure poison when things are going so badly wrong. As we shuffled out of the ground on Saturday, my other half said 'just listen to everyone'. She was right, almost every group around us was bickering and arguing over who was rubbish, who was not, why Jol should go, why he should stay etc etc.

Football can bring out the worst in people. Most of us have seen it all before, and I think we're at the stage where there is only one way forward that will unit all fans together again. What I do know is this - this situation won't go on for the best part of a decade (as it did in the 80s-90s) before being sorted. Thank God.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Burt

Nice post Terry....

A good summary of the angst we all currently feel, I am sure we are all guilty of saying and doing things in the heat of the moment, it was good of you to apologize to whoever it was.

Lighthouse

The problem is one can suddenly be involved in a vicious attack and argument when you innocently were skipping happily through the forest of threads. People will disagree but I now know that people will be insulted if they want to be even if there is no insult meant.

We are divided by a comman manager. But we all support the same club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I never mean to be horrible, though i do tend to put my foot in it by accident. I do know i can irritate people, especially at work, but i can't seem to stop that as it's a personality trait
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Logicalman

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 29, 2013, 09:59:37 PM
Very good message that.  And I wholeheartedly agree with its sentiments.  Eight or nine years ago I wrote my first message on the old motherboard.  The first reply was: "Ummm, not very funny that."
Bu I had vowed never to get involved in online fights - a pointless exercise that is probably bad for your health.  But today I hinted that someone was a moron.  Not very clever that.
Nogood "Gordon's the only moron, isit" Boyo

Don't you start on Gordon!!!!

HatterDon

Quote from: Berserker on September 29, 2013, 11:26:10 PM
I never mean to be horrible, though i do tend to put my foot in it by accident. I do know i can irritate people, especially at work, but i can't seem to stop that as it's a personality trait

ah, yes, but you're lovely with it
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 29, 2013, 10:14:58 PM
You know, Clubs can be pure poison when things are going so badly wrong. As we shuffled out of the ground on Saturday, my other half said 'just listen to everyone'. She was right, almost every group around us was bickering and arguing over who was rubbish, who was not, why Jol should go, why he should stay etc etc.

Football can bring out the worst in people. Most of us have seen it all before, and I think we're at the stage where there is only one way forward that will unit all fans together again. What I do know is this - this situation won't go on for the best part of a decade (as it did in the 80s-90s) before being sorted. Thank God.
:plus one: 049:gif

Twig

I think there has been a suggestion that we should suspend posts directly after a game.  I can see the point even if I don't agree.  I have recently found myself falling into a state of something close to despair after recent performances and have definitely made posts in those circumstances that I am not proud of.  I can only apologise unreservedly as no offence was ever intended.

I have to admit to having become rather jaded towards many of the threads as they recycle the pro/anti Jol arguments when there is simply nothing new to add.

I tend to agree with the line that Jol should go, but booing does not help the players confidence (and generally my beef is not with them anyway) so let's get behind the team until the matter is resolved.

jarv

It is very difficult to put onto (electronic) paper the words you need to get a point across. Often, when meant to be funny, it can easily be misunderstood.  :005: does help though.
Being a good writer is not easy.

The Bronsons

Since the start of this year (when my patience ran out) I've been writing and deleting a lot more posts than I actually post, if you see what I mean.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Bronsons on September 30, 2013, 05:59:03 PM
Since the start of this year (when my patience ran out) I've been writing and deleting a lot more posts than I actually post, if you see what I mean.

Join the club, my knuckles are sore.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: jarv on September 30, 2013, 11:53:22 AM
It is very difficult to put onto (electronic) paper the words you need to get a point across. Often, when meant to be funny, it can easily be misunderstood.  :005: does help though.
Being a good writer is not easy.

I would imagine that most of us have been posting in/on boards long enough to know this very thing. It's often a good idea to step back from our own emotions and make certain that we understand what we're reading. Simple misinterpretations do lead us down some unintended paths.

Being a good reader is not always easy either.

082.gif
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: epsomraver on September 30, 2013, 06:20:26 PM
Quote from: The Bronsons on September 30, 2013, 05:59:03 PM

Join the club, my knuckles are sore.

Mine too, but that's between me and the wall. If Fulham can't figure out how to defend, I may have to learn to type with my toes.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Logicalman

Well, nobody said it was a piece of cake following Fulham, especially when the manager has had such a divisive influence on the fans. It's just so much easier to get nasty online, so very quickly, and often things are misinterpreted, solely based on what you believe the author meant.

Overall though, there is no room on the MB for personal attacks, or slating another members views just because you don't agree with them. By all means question the inference or view, but try to keep it calm, however hard that is (and I can tell you from personal experience that can be so very hard at times).  I try not to get involved in any threads for at least 24 hours after a loss.

Travers Barney

On Saturday I just had to go from my seat when a couple of people started making what I considered pathetic and childish comments about Ruiz... suppose they thought they were funny...thought it best that I get out of the kitchen so I did and went and had a beer...a warm beer at £4 too but probably for the best...Ruiz scored a cracker...sadly the story didnt result in a happy ending and we ended up losing but our current situation means that tempers are very fraught all round the place at the moment..glad I decided on a time out even if it did mean missing the goal.

coyw
We are the whites

LBNo11

...TerryR, in posting this you have won the respect of many a member, whether they respond or not and it is appreciated by the moderati I can assure you, hopefully others will follow your lead...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC