watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham have cancelled all interviews today involving Martin Jol...Hmmm

Started by cottage cheese, September 30, 2013, 09:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

Not only has a journalist said on twitter that his interview has been cancelled and I have friends who work as freelance sports writers and also had theirs cancelled.

Before things get out of hand rumour wise I think this is the club trying to help Martin and keep the heat off him (questions about relegation, job safety etc) and letting him get on with turning things around?

sunburywhite

I have just noticed Curbushly has drifted out to 33/1 in the betting so it looks like he wont be coming LOL
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

cottage cheese

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 30, 2013, 10:00:24 AM
I have just noticed Curbushly has drifted out to 33/1 in the betting so it looks like he wont be coming LOL

Best news all day

Oakeshott

Cancelling is a poor move if for the "protecting Jol so that he can get on with his job" reason, as it will only fuel media speculation. It really only makes sense if, today, either the Board intend to out Jol OR give him a ringing endorsement.

ron

Quote from: Oakeshott on September 30, 2013, 10:07:37 AM
Cancelling is a poor move if for the "protecting Jol so that he can get on with his job" reason, as it will only fuel media speculation. It really only makes sense if, today, either the Board intend to out Jol OR give him a ringing endorsement.

"Out" seems the likeliest.

ScalleysDad

A Club statement saying Jol was focusing on corners, free kicks, attacking throw ins taken properly and shooting practice with Ruiz excused that one would have sufficed.
Alternative option would be 'Jol at Motspur Park interviewing for an assistant mananager role and a senior coach'.

Fulham76

Quote from: cottage cheese on September 30, 2013, 09:58:14 AM
Not only has a journalist said on twitter that his interview has been cancelled and I have friends who work as freelance sports writers and also had theirs cancelled.

Before things get out of hand rumour wise I think this is the club trying to help Martin and keep the heat off him (questions about relegation, job safety etc) and letting him get on with turning things around?

Too busy clearing his desk hopefully!

ron

Perhaps Jol is coaching Scotty Parker's Dutch accent, so he can give authentic half time pep talks, while Jol just sits there, feeling unlucky..?

Oakeshott

Gus Poyet is 4/6 on favourite to be our next permanent manager with Victor Chandlers. I don't know how well informed they are on football, but on horse racing they are often ahead of the game compared with other major bookmakers.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Oakeshott on September 30, 2013, 10:19:07 AM
Gus Poyet is 4/6 on favourite to be our next permanent manager with Victor Chandlers. I don't know how well informed they are on football, but on horse racing they are often ahead of the game compared with other major bookmakers.

if indeed that is the case I hope somebody at the Club double checks that the Brighton fiasco is not going to bite us the arse when the peelers come round and feel his collar.

cottage cheese

Would be quite interesting to know but what position were spurs in around the time Jol got sacked from there?

Ged

Quote from: cottage cheese on September 30, 2013, 10:41:08 AM
Would be quite interesting to know but what position were spurs in around the time Jol got sacked from there?
In the summer of 2007, Tottenham signed a number of expensive players spending around £40 million. It has been reported that some of these players were signed on the request of Director of Football Damien Comolli and that Jol was not allowed to select players he wanted to buy, such as Martin Petrov. When the suggestion of selling star striker Dimitar Berbatov arose, Jol claimed, "I'd rather die.
he was eventually sacked by the Tottenham board on 25 October 2007 during their 2–1 defeat to Getafe CF in the UEFA Cup. News of the sacking was widely known around the ground before the final whistle, before even Jol had become aware of his fate. Jol confessed that he first became aware of the decision when his nephew told him of a text message he received saying Jol was to leave the job.

ron

Quote from: cottage cheese on September 30, 2013, 10:41:08 AM

Just looking it up, I noticed his Premier League record up to when he was sacked was W1 D4 L5.

...can't easily get league position, but can fairly confidently suggest "not high" !

And the final straw was defeat in Europe.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Fletchino

If he goes replacing him with either of those Chelsea rejects would be a huge mistake.

RoyTund

Suspect he will only be going if Khan has a replacement lined up, which would probably mean Di matteo, Poyet or O'Neill. 

Al

I hope jol gets the next 3 games. I we fail to get any less than 5 points then he is in major trouble.

Can someone please explain why we would want either di matteo or poyet. I like di matteo but his record at west brom was not great and the team he inherited at chelsea could have managed it self. I do not see this as helping our situation. As for poyet, he guy is a bad egg.  Rumours from alot of Brighton fans I know suggested he a left a unwelcome present in the palace dressing room prior to their game and that his no.2, if you will excuse the pun, put a sizeable bet on palace to beat brighton that game. May play nice football but the guy is not very fulhamish and would be a disaster when it comes managinv our players.

..Kya.ffc..

Whoever we get, I hope we'll get Rene Mulensteen in as assistant.

If Jol get a chance vs Stoke and fails to get 3 points, he's gone.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

cottage cheese

Even if we do beat Stoke, Jol has lost the support from the fans and by the looks of it some of the players in their attitudes.

He needs to go for the good of this club. Never have I witnessed such a toxic atmosphere on Saturday (well not for a long long time). The team isn't even trying any more by the looks of it.

I don't hate him and I don't think he is a terrible. I simply believe he is just not the right fit for us and did from the start. Time to get someone in to really change the horrible tactics at the moment.

premFlem

The problem getting rene in at this stage would be any success would be attributed to him and make Jol's position look stupid.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away