watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFL - Fifa 14

Started by Sammyffc, September 30, 2013, 06:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Who's got this then ? preferably on ps3. I was poor in playing people on the last one due to university commitments but im all ready on this one. even though its so hard  :Get Coat gif:

ToodlesMcToot

I've got the xbox version, so no joy trying to get a game up.

But, they certainly did change up things with their approach to Career Mode. Build up play and close quarters passing is entirely essential where the last version seemed to be all about having fast players.

There are still some pretty dopey ways in which the AI is given advantages, but all in all this version is more "realistic". I don't see myself taking Fulham on an undefeated run in Legendary mode any time soon.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

EJL

I think it's dreadful -- arguably the worst FIFA of the current generation of consoles. Definitely not getting it this year.

Northern Cottager

Stuck to FIFA 13. 14 has made the Fulham players I was looking forward to trying out, very poor. They also did all club updates before the new release so it seems even more pointless. If anyone wants a game on PS3 Fifa 13 my user is aia-ffc :)

Sammyffc

strange , i feel that this IS the best fifa once you get to grips with it. much more realistic and has cut out all the speed freaks

Walsh

I don't understand how they can call any of the players in FIFA 14 professional's, the touches they have are so unrealistic.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Walsh on September 30, 2013, 08:42:33 PM
I don't understand how they can call any of the players in FIFA 14 professional's, the touches they have are so unrealistic.

EA's version of AI is to modify the user's players' attributes to achieve the desired outcome.

For instance, if I have Darren Bent on a breakaway, the ball is naturally going to get way out in front of him. But, unnaturally, the CB trying to defend the play from behind outruns the flatout sprinting (remember he's running after the ball not dribbling it) Bent to the ball and saves the day.

Have to say that tackling is greatly improved in this iteration. Apparently, the days of the computer having 3-4 times the number of tackles my team does are finally gone.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Humbled

I have it in the 360 if anyone fancies a game?!?!

BigNigeBowds

Im struggling with it, i was a fairly decent 13 player, awful 14 player so far which is strange as it should suit my style.

Defending is sooooooo hard.

And creating decent chances is too.
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

Drake44444

I like 14 better because it allows you to score from a variety of different ways.  No more pace or certain tricks, but goals can happen from long shots, deflections, free kicks, corners, good buildup, through passes, etc.

It is just a matter of getting used to it.

JudgeBread

I'm slowly getting used to it. Anything to stop the speed freaks is good in my opinion

7787fulham

I have it for the 360 if anyone wants to add me my gamer tag is manlove26 (don't laugh) i did start a season with fulham then decided I was as good as jol and quit after the 5th game. With my records at 0 wins 0 draws and 5 losses

fulhamfan

FIFA = for kids
PROEVO = for adults

EJL

Sammyffc

Quote from: fulhamross on October 01, 2013, 11:38:35 AM
FIFA = for kids
PROEVO = for adults

HA  :005:

Thats basically like saying senderos is better than thiago silva

fulhamfan

Sammyffc

Quote from: fulhamross on October 01, 2013, 12:21:02 PM
ok then little boy

i shall bow down to you , mr pro-evo. with your lines for free kicks and corners  :Haynes The Maestro:

Humbled

Quote from: fulhamross on October 01, 2013, 11:38:35 AM
FIFA = for kids
PROEVO = for adults

after Pro Evo 6 it become a very poor game... lag in the 18 yard box being a huge factor amongst many other things.....

anyone going to be around this evening for some Fifa on the 360? wouldn't mind a game or 2 before a I have a blast on GTA Online....... Oh how sad I sound  :dft001:

cmg

Quote from: BigNigeBowds on October 01, 2013, 12:17:47 AM
Im struggling with it, i was a fairly decent 13 player, awful 14 player so far which is strange as it should suit my style.

Defending is sooooooo hard.

And creating decent chances is too.

Are you Martin Jol in disguise?

Jags

I'd be up for a few games of FIFA 14 if anyone fancies it. Jags41