watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v. Stoke

Started by fulhamfever, September 29, 2013, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

The only difference last year was Berbatovs wonder goal and them missing a penalty. With Berbatov out of form/drive and our awful defence at the moment, its going to be a hard game. I say a draw at best

epsomraver

Quote from: Whiteroom on September 29, 2013, 10:14:09 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 29, 2013, 01:24:54 PM
There is something we can do, we can demand Jol goes, we can make our feelings from the stands  known, those who go of course can, others can sit back at home and do nothing, move on to the next stream
I don't quite understand what you are getting at with the "sit back at home and do nothing, move on to the next stream" bit?

The point was that I was there and comments were made by posters who were not,Just what they heard on the tv or stream,  I apologise if my reaction offended anybody but when you pay good money to watch the rubbish we have been dished up for some time now the temper rises, the crowd did try and cheer the team on but I admit it was half hearted at times,even the boys at the back were subdued towards the end,  off to take a S001.gif

Cravenawin

Quote from: SP on September 29, 2013, 09:35:04 PM
Given the passing of time & our current problems I've completely lost interest in Sparky, apart from hoping we secure a valuable 3 points off them next week.  Does anyone still feel the animosity for him?

Not really. He left quoting a lack of ambition. At the time we all lambasted him for his comments. Seems he was right all along.

fulhamfever

Sometimes I wish we kept hold of him. He brought us some brand name players in Dembele and Gudjohnson. Sometimes you need a manager who has links to Chelsea and City so we can loan players in or even buy them.

Holders

Quote from: Cravenawin on September 30, 2013, 01:03:05 PM
Quote from: SP on September 29, 2013, 09:35:04 PM
Given the passing of time & our current problems I've completely lost interest in Sparky, apart from hoping we secure a valuable 3 points off them next week.  Does anyone still feel the animosity for him?

Not really. He left quoting a lack of ambition. At the time we all lambasted him for his comments. Seems he was right all along.

He later said that he was wrong to have gone and should have stayed another year. Not a likeable character but he did build on Roy's base coupled with a greater degree of attacking ambition away. I thought we did ok under him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Hughes was never going to get the chance to have a second year with us. MAF wanted Jol. We would have had him instead of Hughes but he couldn't bust his existing contract.

I believe [OPINION] that MAF told Hughes that there was no money available for the players he wanted to bring in and that he would have to accept that if he stayed. That's what caused him to leave and cite "lack of ambition." As soon as we got rid of him, we signed Jol who immediately got Ruiz in for big bucks.

MAF wanted Jol and MAF got Jol. Had Hughes stayed and had he been given the money that Jol was given, I believe we'd be a comfortable 8-10th place team playing more adventurous on the road and perhaps even competing for a cup.

We'll never know.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel