more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team to play Stoke

Started by The Swan, September 30, 2013, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe McDonald

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 02, 2013, 07:52:19 AM
Many of us beleive this to be Jols last game, perhaps he even thinks it, judging from the media in recent days.

So he will pick his players that he beleives can save him his job.

I expect to see the following;

Stockdale

Reither Hangeland Amboreita Richardson

Ruiz   Parker Sidwell Duff

Kasami

Berbatov

Not what I want to see but I can see him playing this team.....

I would love to see lots of players dropped, very few deserve to be wearing the Fulham shirt after this season's dissapointment.

My team would be

Stockdale
Reither Senderos Amboreita Zverotic
      Karagounis Parker Sidwell
             Ruiz   Kasami
                  Bent

Drop Berbatov / Richardson / Hangeland / Kaca as none of them have done much this season. Play narrow football through the middle

I agree completely with that.  Berbatov and Hangerland have been way below the standard they usually attain, and we can't carry passengers.  Richardson gives his all, but I'm still not convinced he's good enough.  Kaca is still young and learning, so I can't and won't be too harsh on him - It's a lot easier to look good in a confident team, look at Gnarby at Arsenal as an example.  I'd also have Boateng instead of Parker if fit.  Forme Parker dallies on the ball too much, turning in circles, getting dizzy and then passing to the opposition too easily; he needs to give a simple ball, even if it is backwards, to retain posession and then move forward.

Haynes

.........................Stockdale............................
Zero...................Hangeland.....................Amor
Riether.......Parker...............Sidwell.........Kasami
..........Ruiz............Bent...............Berba...........

If Parkers not fit put Kasami in his place and have Richardson/Duff/Kaca LM or just replace Parker with Botang.

JackyFulham90

We will need Bent against Stoke, would also like to see Taarabt start

JackyFulham90

Interesting line up would be

Stockdale
Riether Senderos Hangeland Amorebieta
               Sidwell Karagounis
Kasami                Ruiz               Taarabt
                               Berbatov

Kacaniklic deserves to be dropped, give Taarabt a chance, Bent hasn't quite done it when starting so far, so let him make his impact off the bench

MrProphet

------------Stockdale-----------
Reither----Hangeland-Amor----Richardson

Dejagh----Kara--Parker----kaca

Kasami
                         Bent

Do not let hangeland and Amor off the training pitch until they understand each other's positioning.

Tell dejagh (if fit) and kaca to commit the full backs at every opportunity and flash balls across the box.

Arm band to karagounis or Parker to get the troops going.

Subs: Etheridge, Senderos, Zero, Sidwell, Ruiz, Mesca,Taarabt

Drop Mr arrogant who's attitude is probably doing as much damage to team moral as the booing

Deanothefulhamfan

With that many attacking players that don't like defending. We would need a proper defensive midfield in there. Sidwell and Kara don't fit that role.... perhaps Boateng?

Tarrabt will play better without Berba in the team.... They rub each other up the wrong way. But it's nice attacking team Jacky... would surely make us go at Stoke

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 02, 2013, 11:22:18 AM
With that many attacking players that don't like defending. We would need a proper defensive midfield in there. Sidwell and Kara don't fit that role.... perhaps Boateng?

Tarrabt will play better without Berba in the team.... They rub each other up the wrong way. But it's nice attacking team Jacky... would surely make us go at Stoke

When playing next to Parker, Sidwell was the more attacking CM. Next to Karagounis, I'm sure he will sit back. Thats assuming Parker is injured. Taarabt needs to get fit, he is very unfit at the moment. We should play Kasami and Rodallega/Bent up top.

Deanothefulhamfan

I was very surprised you put Duff in your team Brown.... the most positive thing you have said about him for sometime.... That being said I agreed with the reasoning for including him / rodallega etc in the team.... We need players to at least make an effort. Those sort of players will work hard regardless what everyone thinks of them.

Someone mentioned throwing the kids in, I wouldnt even mind that as I am sure they would give 110%.... Never going to happen but probably not a lot worse than we have been watching recently.

I just want Jol to surprise us, with his selection this weekend and be brave.... not being afraid to drop the players who are letting him down, and effectivley costing him his job

Pluto

Stockdale

Riether              Senderos                     Hangeland     Amorebieta

Dejagah             Kasami                       Boateng         Berbatov

Ruiz

Bent

I saw Berbatov drift to the left a lot last week and he seems so insistent on dropping deep that he may as well play there, since Bryan has to play in the middle to be effective. If he refuses to play there then Kasami to go left (with karagounis to play in the middle), or Kacaniklic.

Quite an attacking team but we need to go for it on Saturday with plenty of pace and movement around the box. With a team this attacking, Boateng will be needed to provide cover for the defence.

Subs: Etheridge (g), Zverotic, Richardson, Karagounis, Sidwell, Kacaniklic, Rodallega

Classic94

If it were up to me, Jol would been have dismissed the night of the Cardiff game, but so be it... Changes are needed, from personnel to fitness/training methods. The likes of Taarabt seem incredibly unfit, which is absolutely unacceptable at this level of elite sport. He should be fined and told to buck up his ideas. In terms of dropping players, Hangeland, Kacaniklic, Berbatov... have all been appalling. Kaca has time on his side, but should be sidelined until he rediscovers some form. He is a rabbit in the headlights at present. The captaincy is clearly not helping Brede's performances, while Berbatov just doesn't seem to care. Berbatov should warm the bench and Parker should take the armband. Hangeland needs to concentrate on his own game.

My XI:

Stockdale

Reither---Hangeland---Senderos---Amorebieta

Dejagah---Parker(c)---Karagounis---Kasami

Bent---Rodallega

Subs: Etheridge, Richardson, Zverotic, Sidwell, Mesca, Ruiz, Berbatov

If Jol's going to be brave with team selection, now is the time. He may not get another opportunity.

Bassey the warrior

Where's Amorebieta? He's our beat defender.
For me:
DS
SR PS FA KR
PK SP
BR DB AK
DB.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on September 30, 2013, 09:40:53 PM
Parker will not play against Stoke no way will he recover in time
Jol will bring Senderos back in move Hangeland to the left

I think Jols team will be

Stockdale
Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson
                 Sidwell Karagounis
Ruiz                     Berbatov            Kasami
                             Bent

I agree, but with Ruiz and Kasami interchanging postions on the wings during the match.

Subs bench: Zverotic ready to come on for any of the the defense or midfield posiitions; Amorebieta for central defense or left back; Boateng for either of the CMs,  Duff and Kaca for either of the wide positions, and Hugo for Bent. If Berba underperforms, Ruiz could be moved inside behind Bent or Hugo, with Taarbadt on the wing.

No point in talking about Deja (my first choice for the right wing) as he won't get selected, as with Mesca!

Brown@FFC

Quote from: The Moose on October 02, 2013, 12:47:10 PM
Where's Amorebieta? He's our beat defender.
For me:
DS
SR PS FA KR
PK SP
BR DB AK
DB.

I am embarrassed to say, it took be some time to try and name the squad.

BishopsParkFantastic

There's the team we expect Jol to play (players our of favour, known or likely to be unavailable through injury); and there is the team we would like Jol to play.

The team we expect Jol to play (not my choice, or probably yours):
FORGET: Deja, Boateng, Diarra, Parker, Stek, Riise
INCLUDE: Stockdale, Riether, Hangeland, Richardson, Sidwell, Karagounis, Berba, Ruiz, Kasami, Bent - that leaves one place in the starting eleven....could be Senderos or Amorebieta (either, alongside Hangeland)

Lighthouse

This is Jols last game unless he goes for it.

Stockdale

Reither, Hangeland, Amo

Sidwell, Kara

Ruiz Berbatov Kasami

Rodders, Bent

064.gif  Go out on a bang
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Quote from: HatterDon on October 01, 2013, 08:55:04 PM
Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on October 01, 2013, 08:51:41 PM
           3-5-2         
                       Stockdale
       Senderos   -  Hangeland - Amorabieta
  Reither------  Boateng ----- Sidwell----Richardson
                              Ruiz
                  Berbatov----Bent

Not too sure about a 3-5-2 against Stoke. They have a handy left winger on that team, and Senderos isn't all that effective out on the touchline.

I like the idea of 3-5-2 as it can easily change to 4-4-2 , 4-3 2-1 or 4-5-1 or our usual 4-4-1-1. Senderos would not be on the touchline & neither would Richardson.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

Quote from: grandad on October 02, 2013, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 01, 2013, 08:55:04 PM
Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on October 01, 2013, 08:51:41 PM
           3-5-2         
                       Stockdale
       Senderos   -  Hangeland - Amorabieta
  Reither------  Boateng ----- Sidwell----Richardson
                              Ruiz
                  Berbatov----Bent

Not too sure about a 3-5-2 against Stoke. They have a handy left winger on that team, and Senderos isn't all that effective out on the touchline.

I like the idea of 3-5-2 as it can easily change to 4-4-2 , 4-3 2-1 or 4-5-1 or our usual 4-4-1-1. Senderos would not be on the touchline & neither would Richardson.

Yeah, I see what you're saying now. Thanks for the clarification.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

I don't trust having only two in front of the back four.  Karagounis doesn't have the footspeed or mass to meet the bull rush head on. Sidwell can, but he's not enough.  We need 4-3-2-1, but it looks deceptive expressed that way. 

Stockdale

Reither            Senderos                      Hangeland        Amorebieta

Sidwell                 Diarra               Kasami           

Ruiz                        Berbatov

Bent

Amorebieta and Reither must cover ground up and down the flanks.  Kasami and Sidwell have the endurance to plug holes and still make runs up the sides to spread the defenders, allowing the Ruiz/Berb/Bent triangle room to operate up top.  Goals win games.  Diarra to distribute, aided by Kasami or Sidwell in brief runs up the middle, linking to Bryan and Dimitar.  If Stoke packs it in the middle, spread out.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 02, 2013, 08:40:30 PM
I don't trust having only two in front of the back four.  Karagounis doesn't have the footspeed or mass to meet the bull rush head on. Sidwell can, but he's not enough.  We need 4-3-2-1, but it looks deceptive expressed that way.  

Stockdale

Reither            Senderos                      Hangeland        Amorebieta

Sidwell                 Diarra               Kasami            

Ruiz                        Berbatov

Bent

Amorebieta and Reither must cover ground up and down the flanks.  Kasami and Sidwell have the endurance to plug holes and still make runs up the sides to spread the defenders, allowing the Ruiz/Berb/Bent triangle room to operate up top.  Goals win games.  Diarra to distribute, aided by Kasami or Sidwell in brief runs up the middle, linking to Bryan and Dimitar.  If Stoke packs it in the middle, spread out.

Good formation and near likely team I think, but Diarra won't play - it'll be Kara. Also, Sidwell on the left, Kasami on the the right. Berba on the right, Ruiz on the  left.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Does it matter what team is put out, the law of averages must  dictate  that we will win.