News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What managerial way forward do you prefer ?

Started by Riverside, October 01, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What on the management front would you like to happen next

Keep Jol as is until Christmas
Keep Jol / add Meulensteen as coach
Meulensteen to replace Jol
Di Matteo to replace Jol
Poyet to replace Jol
Martin O Neill to replace Jol
Hoddle to replace Jol
Pearce to replace Jol

nose

Quote from: SimpleTactics on October 01, 2013, 06:32:47 PM
Looks like im the only one supporting Poyet. Seriously why bring in Meulensteen as a coach when his views or ideas wouldn't even be used.

i support poyet and the more i re read what he was supposed to have done the less it stacked up. i wouldn't believe what is written in the populist press about him because i do not think it has andy credibility.
His achievment at brighton is stunning he is obviously the best man for the job, the ex man utd man is a total unkown for this typr of job, does he even start to comprehend the psychie of a team like fulham, i think not.

the chattering classes have got together and decided they don't like poyet in the same way they took against sanchez before we even played a game, it will be our loss if he goes elsewhere!
o

The Old Count

Quote from: leonffc on October 01, 2013, 07:32:13 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on October 01, 2013, 06:36:51 PM
Quote from: leonffc on October 01, 2013, 06:10:31 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 01, 2013, 05:51:51 PM
I went for Di matteo,  but like the idea of Hoddle... The latter has not managed for such a long time so that would be a negative...  Jol cannot have anymore time in my eyes. We are genuine relegation candidates under him, we might be relegation candidates without him as well.... But I say just go for a punt with someone else.... I think the chances of survival may improve slightly with someone else

I like the idea of Hoddle fronting it and Danny Murphy assisting whilst working through his badges (if that is indeed the road he wants to go down), and Symmons heavily involved too.
I know Hoddle hasn't been in the game for a while but I think he keeps his nose in, plus he has always been a thinker, and has produced decent passing styles. AND he might be able to demo a corner that beats the first man for all to see!!
I don't know where this 'Hoddle hasn't been in the game' that everyone mentions comes from.
He has been running his academies in Spain and providing coaching input for Jerez and Betis.
Does everyone mean he hasn't been managing in the Prem?

Coaching input yes, but we, well I meant that he hasn't managed for a while. And I didn't use it as a negative, in fact I even typed 'I think he keeps his nose in' as well as saying that I like the idea.

Sorry. I hope it didn't appear like I was having a go. I just wanted to point out how he was keeping his nose in. 

leonffc

Quote from: The Old Count on October 01, 2013, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: leonffc on October 01, 2013, 07:32:13 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on October 01, 2013, 06:36:51 PM
Quote from: leonffc on October 01, 2013, 06:10:31 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 01, 2013, 05:51:51 PM
I went for Di matteo,  but like the idea of Hoddle... The latter has not managed for such a long time so that would be a negative...  Jol cannot have anymore time in my eyes. We are genuine relegation candidates under him, we might be relegation candidates without him as well.... But I say just go for a punt with someone else.... I think the chances of survival may improve slightly with someone else

I like the idea of Hoddle fronting it and Danny Murphy assisting whilst working through his badges (if that is indeed the road he wants to go down), and Symmons heavily involved too.
I know Hoddle hasn't been in the game for a while but I think he keeps his nose in, plus he has always been a thinker, and has produced decent passing styles. AND he might be able to demo a corner that beats the first man for all to see!!
I don't know where this 'Hoddle hasn't been in the game' that everyone mentions comes from.
He has been running his academies in Spain and providing coaching input for Jerez and Betis.
Does everyone mean he hasn't been managing in the Prem?

Coaching input yes, but we, well I meant that he hasn't managed for a while. And I didn't use it as a negative, in fact I even typed 'I think he keeps his nose in' as well as saying that I like the idea.

Sorry. I hope it didn't appear like I was having a go. I just wanted to point out how he was keeping his nose in. 

No, dont worry, I was just making sure you noticed that we were in fact saying the same thing

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on October 01, 2013, 08:42:33 PM
I don't understand the whole "Keep Jol until Christmas" vote. If you're going to let him go at Christmas, you've already decided that he's hurting the team. Why in the world would you want him to continue to do this for another two months before you attempt to fix the problem?

Yep, I agree. If he's not good enough now, then why wait, but if he is good enough now, then why change?

Logicalman

Quote from: nose on October 01, 2013, 10:22:42 PM
Quote from: SimpleTactics on October 01, 2013, 06:32:47 PM
Looks like im the only one supporting Poyet. Seriously why bring in Meulensteen as a coach when his views or ideas wouldn't even be used.

i support poyet and the more i re read what he was supposed to have done the less it stacked up. i wouldn't believe what is written in the populist press about him because i do not think it has andy credibility.
His achievment at brighton is stunning he is obviously the best man for the job, the ex man utd man is a total unkown for this typr of job, does he even start to comprehend the psychie of a team like fulham, i think not.

the chattering classes have got together and decided they don't like poyet in the same way they took against sanchez before we even played a game, it will be our loss if he goes elsewhere!
o

Hmm, good argument until Sanchez was mentioned. If Poyet will be another Sanchez, then no thanks. I wasn't one that spoke out against him before he arrived, but I did towards the end.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Has a whole week passed since the last Poll ???

None of the above

Kit's black and white armeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee    has a nice ring to it
( Meulensteen as coach )

hn4fulham

IMO, what we need now is someone who understands how to motivate and bring back that togetherness and fighting spirit of the team. We don't have a terrible team on paper. We don't need a brilliant manager to keep us up. We just need someone who can do good enough. Since pickings are slim at the moment...Di Matteo has that ability but he is a short term solution and we'll need someone else for a longer term solution. We need someone now otherwise it will be too much damage done. So, my vote would be Di Matteo for the short term to keep us up this season and then figure out who we need for the long term in the summer. We just can't afford to go down. It would be tough for us to come back up.

The Bronsons

Best choice that I know of is Meulensteen as manager. Not as coach under Jol though - the latter would be a lose/lose because if things went badly they'd both be tarnished and if things turned round Jol would be undermined.

There are almost certainly better candidates I've never heard of, just as I'd never heard of Pochettino before he landed here, and had forgotten about Roy Hodgson.

Worst choice: Di Canio. Can't believe he is being taken seriously for any job outside of shelf-stacking at Tescos. Or pizza delivery dressed as a rabbit?  :airfix:

Riverside

Faced with concrete alternatives there is much more consensus that there appeared to be in posts across the Board

and a stark contrast between the Jol in and Jol out polls - where Jol out is overwhelming .

Here 46% want to keep Jol . Albeit 41% with Meulensteen in as coach - this is "our" the preferred option .

Interesting .

Lets see what people feel like after Saturday's match .

ToodlesMcToot

My personal preference is for our very highly paid professional footballers to remember how to mark and defend. They're repeatedly making fundamental errors that should not be so problematic at their pay grade and at this point in their careers. With as many additions as we've had to the squad, I'd like to see Jol and the team be given more time to gel together. With his dip in form and his on field demeanor taken into account, I'd like to see Brede give up his captaincy to Parker going forward.

Too early to be giving up on what's been started and, as far as I can see, there is no obvious choice for a new manager. If there were a compelling choice out there who should not be passed on, then I'd probably change my mind. There is not. So I'm in the "stay the course" camp for now.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude