News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What managerial way forward do you prefer ?

Started by Riverside, October 01, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What on the management front would you like to happen next

Keep Jol as is until Christmas
Keep Jol / add Meulensteen as coach
Meulensteen to replace Jol
Di Matteo to replace Jol
Poyet to replace Jol
Martin O Neill to replace Jol
Hoddle to replace Jol
Pearce to replace Jol

Riverside

Picking realistic options that have been floated .
Please pick one .
Would be interesting to see if there is any consensus .

JackyFulham90

Keep Jol, big game Saturday for his reign with us

leonffc

I said through the 2nd half of last season that I'd rather Jol sorted the mess out opposed to him being sacked. Personally I think it's too late for that but I'll go with option 2 anyway.
How realistic that is I'm unsure as Jol may be reluctant to have another coach come in and possibly undermine him? Equally, that wish for him to turn things around seems more unrealistic every game. Ive had my concerns about him since the first season and those concerns deepen every game despite wanting him to do well.

Chesh

The way I feel about the players, and their totally apathetic performances of late, I would seriously welcome Di Canio, although I know this wouldn't happen.

Don't agree with some of the stupid in house rules he came up with (and I would hope he has learnt from that), but wouldn't have a problem in him publicly bemoaning the performance of certain players when they are showing such disrespect to us by their 'couldn't be arsed' attitude.

We have good players, we just need a bit of tempo and passion to our play.

For instance, i couldn't see Di Canio accepting more than 5 minutes of our response to Chelsea going one up in our most local derby.

Seriously, it wouldn't be any worse than it is now, surely.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Deanothefulhamfan

I went for Di matteo,  but like the idea of Hoddle... The latter has not managed for such a long time so that would be a negative...  Jol cannot have anymore time in my eyes. We are genuine relegation candidates under him, we might be relegation candidates without him as well.... But I say just go for a punt with someone else.... I think the chances of survival may improve slightly with someone else

leonffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 01, 2013, 05:51:51 PM
I went for Di matteo,  but like the idea of Hoddle... The latter has not managed for such a long time so that would be a negative...  Jol cannot have anymore time in my eyes. We are genuine relegation candidates under him, we might be relegation candidates without him as well.... But I say just go for a punt with someone else.... I think the chances of survival may improve slightly with someone else

I like the idea of Hoddle fronting it and Danny Murphy assisting whilst working through his badges (if that is indeed the road he wants to go down), and Symmons heavily involved too.
I know Hoddle hasn't been in the game for a while but I think he keeps his nose in, plus he has always been a thinker, and has produced decent passing styles. AND he might be able to demo a corner that beats the first man for all to see!!

Deanothefulhamfan

Leon I couldnt agree with this post more....

His footballing brain and football philosphy would be ridicliously good for our club... Would love Murphy and Symons taking a closer appraoch as well....

ron

If Jol alone is perceived as being the problem, I can't see that bringing in Meulensteen with his two penn'orth will do anything apart from add a "too many cooks spoil the broth" dimension.

...And the "broth" is pretty rank already !

ron

Quote from: leonffc on October 01, 2013, 06:10:31 PM

I like the idea of Hoddle fronting it and Danny Murphy assisting whilst working through his badges (if that is indeed the road he wants to go down), and Symmons heavily involved too.
I know Hoddle hasn't been in the game for a while but I think he keeps his nose in, plus he has always been a thinker, and has produced decent passing styles. AND he might be able to demo a corner that beats the first man for all to see!!

We know Hoddle is a thinker.......In fact it's what he thinks and then subsequently blurts out that marks him down as being, erm slightly... erm... well, a liability really !

SimpleTactics

Looks like im the only one supporting Poyet. Seriously why bring in Meulensteen as a coach when his views or ideas wouldn't even be used.

The Old Count

I don't know where this 'Hoddle hasn't been in the game' that everyone mentions comes from.
He has been running his academies in Spain and providing coaching input for Jerez and Betis.
Does everyone mean he hasn't been managing in the Prem?

ron

He's probably been on the astral plane, catching rainbows in a jar.

Captain Fulhamerica

If we don't beat Stoke then send him packing and bring Meulensteen in.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: SimpleTactics on October 01, 2013, 06:32:47 PM
Looks like i'm the only one supporting Poyet. Seriously why bring in Meulensteen as a coach when his views or ideas wouldn't even be used.

+1

leonffc

Quote from: The Old Count on October 01, 2013, 06:36:51 PM

I don't know where this 'Hoddle hasn't been in the game' that everyone mentions comes from.
He has been running his academies in Spain and providing coaching input for Jerez and Betis.
Does everyone mean he hasn't been managing in the Prem?

Coaching input yes, but we, well I meant that he hasn't managed for a while. And I didn't use it as a negative, in fact I even typed 'I think he keeps his nose in' as well as saying that I like the idea.

Bassey the warrior

As far as I'm concerned Jol is split manager. Adding Meulensteen as his assistant would be a big improvement but I feel we might as well make a clean break.

HatterDon

I don't understand the whole "Keep Jol until Christmas" vote. If you're going to let him go at Christmas, you've already decided that he's hurting the team. Why in the world would you want him to continue to do this for another two months before you attempt to fix the problem?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Furby

I'm surprised with how the voting is going. Danny Murphy talking on 909 the other night said this "I had a great relationship with Jol and he's a very good coach. The only trouble he has is, he won't change anything if it's not going to his plan as he's so set in his ways, and it's his way or no way"

So to add another coaches opinion to completely ignore is a total waste of time and money, and just delaying the inevitable in my eyes.

BestOfBrede

I'm sure someone just called me an idiot for voting on leaving Jol in charge, for now?
Can't see it the post now! Must refrain from drinking in future!