watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our defensive pairing

Started by Mike the White, October 01, 2013, 07:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hn4fulham

I don't think it's the armband that's affecting brede. Watching him over the weekend, it looks more like motivation and passion. On one of the opponent's crosses, Campbell jump higher and over him to put a head on the ball. Brede didn't even jump. Luckily it was over the bar. You don't see opponents getting the better of brede on those aerial attacks.  There's no fighting spirit in him.  Guys, when a team is playing like we do with proven players from prior years...it is not that one player that is causing the problem. Changing him out for someone else is not going to fix to problems. There are many threads on Jol already. So, I won't reiterate here. It's really him that needs to be looked at.

Brown@FFC

I would personally start Senderos and Amorebieta. Senderos has played well, when he has played, and Amorebieta is our best CB.

SmithyFFC

Can't actually believe there are so many in favour of using Senderos, we may as well give every opposition team a 2-0 head start for goodness sake, the guy is absolute rubbish.
FTID

Brown@FFC

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 02, 2013, 02:14:03 PM
Can't actually believe there are so many in favour of using Senderos, we may as well give every opposition team a 2-0 head start for goodness sake, the guy is absolute rubbish.

You sir haven't seen him play. His ball control is questionable, but he wins most headers, he intercepts/blocks most passes/blocks, and best of all, he gives 100%. He is better than Hangeland at the moment, and he gives more spirit to the team than him.

Guinness Haze

Brede's height should be a massive advantage at both ends of pitch and it's really frustrating to see him underperform.  He can't be arsed to jump anymore, often lets his man get a run on him, and also strolls back after losing possession while others try to cover his position.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: The Moose on October 01, 2013, 09:37:20 PM
Nonsense, what difference does it make? The problem with Brede in my opinion is he can't handle the responsibility of being captain. Ever since he was made captain it's effected his form. To be fair he's not a particularly good captain either, not very vocal, doesn't raise morale when the chips are down. Parker would be better but it's too late to change now.

don't underestimate the difference it does make switching sides as a cb. You've got to position yourself differently at crosses and when players are running at you from the flank to give a couple of examples although it should be easier for Brede to deal with considering it's natural for a right footed player to play rcb. I do agree with you on the captain point though.

ron

You hear the expression "Well drilled" being used particularly in connection with defences. Hodgson had a system of drilling and set pieces again and again in training, or so we were told, and this gave confidence in each other at the back

Indecision has crept in with new personnel, leading to errors. A sign of poor coaching and not enough repetition in dealing with crosses etc.?

cmg

Quote from: Enter the Frei on October 02, 2013, 02:54:26 PM
Nonsense, what difference does it make? The problem with Brede in my opinion is he can't handle the responsibility of being captain. Ever since he was made captain it's effected his form. To be fair he's not a particularly good captain either, not very vocal, doesn't raise morale when the chips are down. Parker would be better but it's too late to change now.

don't underestimate the difference it does make switching sides as a cb. You've got to position yourself differently at crosses and when players are running at you from the flank to give a couple of examples although it should be easier for Brede to deal with considering it's natural for a right footed player to play rcb. I do agree with you on the captain point though.

Ah, the complexities of modern life. When I was sporting the five shirt there was only one centre-back. Problem solved. If they'd put a number 9 on the back of the peanut seller I'd have gone and stood on HIS toes all afternoon.

nose

iagree, brede hasn't been the same since he was made captain, not really and i agree he doesn't seem to lead. This is no big deal, just give the arm band to somebody else and see what happens to his form.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 02, 2013, 02:22:18 PM

You sir haven't seen him play. His ball control is questionable, but he wins most headers, he intercepts/blocks most passes/blocks, and best of all, he gives 100%. He is better than Hangeland at the moment, and he gives more spirit to the team than him.

I have seen him live on many occasions my friend, and he is terrible.
FTID

Brown@FFC

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 02, 2013, 06:04:03 PM

He has been good recently.

Rudolph

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 02, 2013, 06:04:03 PM

Another stuck record.  Other centre backs have cost us more goals than him over the last couple of seasons.  Someone on here summed it up well recently.  Senderos made a bad pass and got the usual dogs abuse from the crowd, calling him useless.  Hangeland then made a worse gaff and not a word of abuse.

You see what you want to see I suppose.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: cmg on October 02, 2013, 03:38:25 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on October 02, 2013, 02:54:26 PM

Ah, the complexities of modern life. When I was sporting the five shirt there was only one centre-back. Problem solved. If they'd put a number 9 on the back of the peanut seller I'd have gone and stood on HIS toes all afternoon.

haha, football is now a much more complex game than it was in those days though.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Rudolph on October 02, 2013, 06:34:21 PM
Another stuck record.  Other centre backs have cost us more goals than him over the last couple of seasons.  Someone on here summed it up well recently.  Senderos made a bad pass and got the usual dogs abuse from the crowd, calling him useless.  Hangeland then made a worse gaff and not a word of abuse.

I think you'll find it was Senderos not conceding a penalty when he should/could have, which caused Fulham to draw 1-1 with West Brom when Hangeland didn't mark his player or jump for the late equaliser.  All of that was Senderos' fault...

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: God The Mechanic on October 02, 2013, 10:26:55 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on October 02, 2013, 06:34:21 PM

I think you'll find it was Senderos not conceding a penalty when he should/could have, which caused Fulham to draw 1-1 with West Brom when Hangeland didn't mark his player or jump for the late equaliser.  All of that was Senderos' fault...

It's also funny how people count uncalled penalties but in the same time disregard off-side goals.
AS they both don't have much influence :D