watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our defensive pairing

Started by Mike the White, October 01, 2013, 07:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike the White

I may well be wrong about this, but I feel part or our problem is that Brede is not happy playing on right side of defence.  Senderos has improved somewhat over past few games and I feel we would have been better off keeping Brede in his usual position with either Senderos or Hughes on right.  Our new signing (excuse me, can never remember his name) played well when he replaced Richardson at RB.

Opinions??

Pluto

I think Senderos should start alongside Brede with Amorebieta at left back, though in fairness Hangeland has been poor all season no matter what side of defence he's played on

Logicalman

I agree, he needs to be rested and lets try out Senderos and Amorebieta together and see how they gel. The state of our defence in no way justifies sticking to anything at the moment, and no-one should be expecting to start, just because.

SimpleTactics

Would love to see Hangeland dropped this Saturday as i think he doesn't warrant a place at the moment due to the disastrous of set pieces. Lets try Senderos and Amorebieta against a Stoke side who dominate aerially

JackyFulham90

Jol won't drop Richardson or Hangeland I think Senderos will come back in the side at the expense of Amorebieta

Bassey the warrior

Nonsense, what difference does it make? The problem with Brede in my opinion is he can't handle the responsibility of being captain. Ever since he was made captain it's effected his form. To be fair he's not a particularly good captain either, not very vocal, doesn't raise morale when the chips are down. Parker would be better but it's too late to change now.

Guinness Haze

Quote from: The Moose on October 01, 2013, 09:37:20 PM
Nonsense, what difference does it make? The problem with Brede in my opinion is he can't handle the responsibility of being captain. Ever since he was made captain it's effected his form. To be fair he's not a particularly good captain either, not very vocal, doesn't raise morale when the chips are down. Parker would be better but it's too late to change now.

Why is it too late to change?  Would Brede not be willing to hand over the armband for the greater good of the team?

Logicalman

Quote from: Guinness Haze on October 01, 2013, 09:45:06 PM

Why is it too late to change?  Would Brede not be willing to hand over the armband for the greater good of the team?

Shouldn't be his decision, and that seems to be the problem with the management. Either they see there is no Captain on the pitch, or they see it and don't change it.

I think there is always time for change, because it's not working at the moment, so what's to lose?

St Eve

Some of the responses are quite nieve. Capt Brede will not be dropped. The correct selection currently is Hughes to partner him, if fit, and Amorebieta to play left back. Richardson should never be in the starting 11 and Senderos is not good for my heart

Max Headroom

Reither senderos amorebietta Richardson please

triny

Number 22 looked good against everton last week

Rudolph

Quote from: St Eve on October 01, 2013, 10:41:31 PM
Some of the responses are quite nieve. Capt Brede will not be dropped. The correct selection currently is Hughes to partner him, if fit, and Amorebieta to play left back. Richardson should never be in the starting 11 and Senderos is not good for my heart

I think you're the one being nieve if you think Hughes is capable of dealing with the Stoke attack.  A few years ago maybe, but not now.  Phil has been doing a great job at the back, yet still gets this baseless stick.  In case you have a short memory, Shawcross gave him a whack last year and he still got on with his job. 

It has been Hangeland and Senderos with Reither and Amorebieta at LB for me.

Logicalman

Obviously, like beauty, naivety is in the eye of the beholder, but to have Brede remain in the side, on current form, is a bad mistake to make.

Rudolph

Quote from: Logicalman on October 01, 2013, 11:36:42 PM
Obviously, like beauty, naivety is in the eye of the beholder, but to have Brede remain in the side, on current form, is a bad mistake to make.

It's hard to make a case for Hangeland at the mo and I guess his inclusion is more out of habit. Senderos and Amorebieta would be a good pairing and could work well.  Might be the kick up the arse that Brede needs.

God The Mechanic

Would've liked to have seen Senderos and Amorebieta in pre-season, unless they have been training together reasonably frequently t may be a bit risky in a make or break game.  Equally... playing anyone this weekend is probably a bit of a risk on current form.

St Eve

Quote from: Rudolph on October 01, 2013, 11:30:14 PM
Quote from: St Eve on October 01, 2013, 10:41:31 PM

I think you're the one being nieve if you think Hughes is capable of dealing with the Stoke attack.  A few years ago maybe, but not now.  Phil has been doing a great job at the back, yet still gets this baseless stick.  In case you have a short memory, Shawcross gave him a whack last year and he still got on with his job. 

It has been Hangeland and Senderos with Reither and Amorebieta at LB for me.
The Stoke attack that has scored 4 goals in 6 games. Still Hughes for me

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Mike the White on October 01, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
I may well be wrong about this, but I feel part or our problem is that Brede is not happy playing on right side of defence.  Senderos has improved somewhat over past few games and I feel we would have been better off keeping Brede in his usual position with either Senderos or Hughes on right.  Our new signing (excuse me, can never remember his name) played well when he replaced Richardson at RB.

Opinions??

totally agree ever since amorebieta and hangeland have swapped he has struggled - he should have kept the back for the same as when we played everton but swapped zverotic for reither

JackyFulham90

I think Amorebieta will become our best centre half so Hangeland needs to wake up & start performing

gerrys

Quote from: Guinness Haze on October 01, 2013, 09:45:06 PM

Brede could be Club Captain and Parker be Team Captain, this sort of thing has been done before....................

callumc513

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 01, 2013, 10:43:08 PM
Reither senderos amorebietta Richardson please

Best back 4 we have.