watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Deals missed this summer

Started by JackyFulham90, October 01, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

We made some great signings this summer considering we spent little money, Taarabt & Bent on loan deals was great business,  I was thinking about who we missed out on who we could realistically have signed who would have made a difference for us, for me they are

Morgan Amalfitano - Was available on a loan he would have been good for us he has impressed for West Brom
Jake Livermore - Good signing for Hull on a loan deal, would have added energy to our slow midfield
Nathan Redmond - Cheap signing for Norwich has good pace they will make a nice profit on him
Leandro Bacuna - Another cheap signing, am surprised Jol with his Dutch league links didn't pick him up
Ki Sung-Yueng - Another player who is good on the ball & likes passing forward

Like I said I think we had a decent window & still think we can get a result Saturday & turn our season around, i just feel these are a few players we missed out on this window

epsomraver

Jol must be proud of your support, you praise his signings Taarabt  fp.gif then go on to list players he should have got ? what grounds should we have signed them? We missed Ozil , your list is irrelevant as none of those players showed any interest in playing for Jol at Fulham

JackyFulham90

Quote from: epsomraver on October 01, 2013, 10:43:10 PM
Jol must be proud of your support, you praise his signings Taarabt  fp.gif then go on to list players he should have got ? what grounds should we have signed them? We missed Ozil , your list is irrelevant as none of those players showed any interest in playing for Jol at Fulham

What is the need for your post? If you don't like my thread don't comment,  in my opinion we did have a good window but they are a few targets we missed out on,  oh yeah sorry my thread is all wrong it should be jol out jol out like a lot of the repetitive threads put up lately (yawn)

Logicalman

OK, lets keep it friendly please.

If someone has a point to make, then please just make it, belittling others is not acceptable.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Wasn't there a post from someone who spoke to Mac and he said we got the players we wanted and he was expecting great things from Tua Na Banga .....................
I realise your list has players available but you cannot tell how they would fit in, a bright young thing may never amount to anything ...................... Collins John thought me that lesson  064.gif

Logicalman

Quote from: KCat on October 01, 2013, 11:32:29 PM

I realise your list has players available but you cannot tell how they would fit in, a bright young thing may never amount to anything

.. and that's always the rub. Since dismantling Roys old team, mostly through age & fitness imo, Jol has not managed to keep the team shape and so performances have suffered. Unfortunately, change is inevitable though, and so that's where it all goes to pot.

LRCN

i'm annoyed ki & livermore - and huddlestone - went to other clubs. ki is a nice technical passer.

Logicalman

Agreed, Huddlestone is a big miss for us. You never know which, if any, player thought would be willing to come to Fulham, not just managers by club size, etc.

Pluto

Huddlestone was exactly what we needed- technical, great long range passer, sits deep in front of the back four, strong and good in the air.

God knows why we didn't sign him

Jimpav

Jol does seem to gravitate to players he has worked with previously- wether this is confidence in them and vice versa is hard to tell but it does make me wonder how he will fare as a manger in ten years time when the current generation have retired.

St Eve

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 01, 2013, 10:52:00 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on October 01, 2013, 10:43:10 PM
Jol must be proud of your support, you praise his signings Taarabt  fp.gif then go
on to list players he should have got ? what grounds should we have signed them? We missed Ozil , your list is irrelevant as none of those players showed any interest in playing for Jol at Fulham
[/quote
What is the need for your post? If you don't like my thread don't comment,  in my opinion we did have a good window but they are a few targets we missed out on,  oh yeah sorry my thread is all wrong it should be jol out jol out like a lot of the repetitive threads put up lately (yawn)
nothing wrong with your post. Makes a Change from the Jol out comments

Danny

Quote from: Pluto on October 02, 2013, 08:10:08 PM
Huddlestone was exactly what we needed- technical, great long range passer, sits deep in front of the back four, strong and good in the air.

God knows why we didn't sign him

Lack of the money imo .

MasterHaynes

We talked with Huddlestone but Tottenham upped the price when we enquired , the same thing they did for Parker to QPR £2m to Fulham £4m

Pluto

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 03, 2013, 07:58:26 AM
We talked with Huddlestone but Tottenham upped the price when we enquired , the same thing they did for Parker to QPR £2m to Fulham £4m

We need to stop dealing with Tottenham because if that's true it's hugely disrespectful, especially considering we've been letting them nick our best players for years now (Dembele, Dempsey, Davis, Malbranque etc.....)

Craven Mad

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 01, 2013, 10:38:58 PM
We made some great signings this summer considering we spent little money, Taarabt & Bent on loan deals was great business,  I was thinking about who we missed out on who we could realistically have signed who would have made a difference for us, for me they are

Morgan Amalfitano - Was available on a loan he would have been good for us he has impressed for West Brom
Jake Livermore - Good signing for Hull on a loan deal, would have added energy to our slow midfield
Nathan Redmond - Cheap signing for Norwich has good pace they will make a nice profit on him
Leandro Bacuna - Another cheap signing, am surprised Jol with his Dutch league links didn't pick him up
Ki Sung-Yueng - Another player who is good on the ball & likes passing forward

Like I said I think we had a decent window & still think we can get a result Saturday & turn our season around, i just feel these are a few players we missed out on this window

I completely agree. But everything seems so simple with hindsight; last season it could have been Michu and Benteke.

I'd also add Parker as a great buy. Yes, he's old and we won't make anything from him, but we NEED him the season. I do think that Bent will prove very handy alongside Berba. Also, I wish Tarbs was getting some more game time - he has looked like he could be a very productive player for us, so I don't get why he's not getting more time..

Finally, god, how much I'd love a pacy/decisive RM like Redmond in our squad right now... Norwich did some great business this summer.

Guinness Haze

Quote from: Pluto on October 03, 2013, 10:36:31 AM

We need to stop dealing with Tottenham because if that's true it's hugely disrespectful, especially considering we've been letting them nick our best players for years now (Dembele, Dempsey, Davis, Malbranque etc.....)

They moved to Spurs for career progression.
So that'll be Fulham....Tottenham....Oblivion.
Dembele not looking too clever at moment either.

HatterDon

Quote from: Guinness Haze on October 03, 2013, 05:09:58 PM
Quote from: Pluto on October 03, 2013, 10:36:31 AM

They moved to Spurs for career progression.
So that'll be Fulham....Tottenham....Oblivion.
Dembele not looking too clever at moment either.

Perhaps, but he's playing brilliantly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BishopsParkFantastic

And Alan Mullery our young England international, sold to Spurs for £72k - as it transpired to pay towards the cost of the riverside stand. Interesting how history may be repeating itself: Dembele and Dempsey sold to Spurs...... to pay towards the cost of the new riverside stand? :doh: