watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool U18s 2-4 Fulham U18s

Started by cmg, October 02, 2013, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

U18s bounce back after loss at Newcastle at the weekend.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/october/02/liverpool-u18s-2-4-fulham-u18s

"In-form striker Moussa Dembele capped a bright start for Fulham, adding the finishing touch to a jinking run from Patrick Roberts on 25 minutes, by curling in from 15 yards. "
Has a familiar ring to it. Hope we get used to reading it.

Played at Kirkby. 'Interesting' place - hope they didn't let the kids roam too far from the ground...and counted them all back on to the coach.

jelmo

jelmo

hopefully we will see him coming off the bench next season then. Nothing wrong with playing an 18 year old in the first team if he is good enough.

SouthfieldWhite

Got a call from the academy chaps telling me the score, apparently played well and could of won by more

Pretty sure Dembele is still only 17 .

I know I go on about our great academy, but its only the truth, but as I've said numerous times, I do fear for our academy all the time Jol is still at the club

BishopsParkFantastic

Fulham TOP of the Premier (South Division) U-18s league table tonight!

Fulham 2nd in the the Premier U-21s league table tonight!

049:gif :yay: :clap_hands:

Doubt if we will see those Avatars at the match against Stoke, more like:
093.gif :hook: 094.gif

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 02, 2013, 04:27:11 PM

All this potential seems to evaporate between Motspur Park and Craven Cottage.

Villa(particulaly) and Everton have taken the plunge with youth.Fair play to them.

We have the oldest and slowest squad in the EPL. Sometimes you can get weighed down with experience.

Take Kaca for example. He seems to going backwards in amongst this wealth of experience,almost like he's had the sting taken out of him.

There seems to be a culture of reliance on the 'old hands' of the EPL rather than the vitality and fearlessness of youth.

If they're good enough etc................
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

alfie

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on October 02, 2013, 04:49:35 PM

Villa(particulaly) and Everton have taken the plunge with youth.Fair play to them.

We have the oldest and slowest squad in the EPL. Sometimes you can get weighed down with experience.

Take Kaca for example. He seems to going backwards in amongst this wealth of experience,almost like he's had the sting taken out of him.

There seems to be a culture of reliance on the 'old hands' of the EPL rather than the vitality and fearlessness of youth.

Of course it could be that Kaca is not capabale of progressing much, maybe he has reached his potential at least for the moment.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffc73

BBC sport have larged up Luverpool youth setup today both on the web and broadcasting their morning sports bulletins from the Pool academy.

Fair play to Rogers & them (you do not know how that irks me to say) for what they are doing & their PR machine.

Nice to beat them.

Hopefully. One day. One or two of our youngsters will find their way from Motspur Park to the Cottage

Fulham1959

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on October 02, 2013, 04:49:35 PM

Hey, you're using my avatar !   :005:

BedsFFC

I find that worrying. Please enlighten me. If the good work being done is jeopardised then he must go

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on October 02, 2013, 04:23:40 PM
Got a call from the academy chaps telling me the score, apparently played well and could of won by more

Pretty sure Dembele is still only 17 .

I know I go on about our great academy, but its only the truth, but as I've said numerous times, I do fear for our academy all the time Jol is still at the club

MasterHaynes

We really missed both him and Hyndman on Saturday against Newcastle, without Moussa there was no focus for attacks, lots of movement but no target or directness. Jordan Evans played well but did not have the strength and directness to battle a very big physical Newcastle side. For a lot of the 2nd half Newcastle had all eleven men behind the ball with a back 6 which made it a frustrating time for Roberts and Williams. In the latter stages  Liam Donnelly was pushed up front and created a few half chances but glad to see Moussa back on song.

The dilemma for Wigley and Symons is that for Moussa to improve he needs to play for the U21's, the U18's need him if they are to continue to challenge for U18 title again with the experience and winning mentality that fosters but the U18 squad does not look to have a replacement waiting in the wings. Generally the forwards and midfield players are small and Moussa at the top gives the physicality the side needs against bigger older teams.