more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol Press Conference notes

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 04, 2013, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Well I'm up for it.

The  attitude of Jol's opponents is such as to make me completely disagree with them ,when I might  have thought they  had some reasonable points. But this atmosphere is completely toxic and un- Fulhamish.

And now i just want the team to go out there and stand up to the Jol haters and  negativity merchants, and to Mr Sparky Marky, and his effing ambition, who suddenly seems to have become our new hero, and his effing  Stoke side.

Get behind the team and Jol - these players owe Jol, and I expect a committed performance with a successful, confidence building outcome.

I'm up for a scrap, and i hope the players are - let's at least go down fighting.

COYW.

IranianCottager

Quote from: HatterDon on October 04, 2013, 04:58:14 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 04, 2013, 01:55:05 PM
Not that much to say according to the FFC Twitter feed

2 - Aaron Hughes and Ashkan Dejagah will also miss the visit of Stoke tomorrow

I'm wondering if Dejagah is fit enough to have been called up by Iran over the international break. Oy, any input from our Iranian White?

Also, has anyone heard anything about what Riise is doing other than banking his paycheck?
I've got some news for you:
Iran plays away to Thailand in 10 days (October 15) for an Asian Cup Qualifying match.

Queiroz has announced a 27-man squad, with 4 players to be cut before the trip as we will travel with 23 players.

Dejagah is in the squad. Will be interesting to see if he makes the cut or not.

HatterDon

Quote from: IranianCottager on October 05, 2013, 02:40:52 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 04, 2013, 04:58:14 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 04, 2013, 01:55:05 PM
Not that much to say according to the FFC Twitter feed

2 - Aaron Hughes and Ashkan Dejagah will also miss the visit of Stoke tomorrow

I'm wondering if Dejagah is fit enough to have been called up by Iran over the international break. Oy, any input from our Iranian White?

Also, has anyone heard anything about what Riise is doing other than banking his paycheck?
I've got some news for you:
Iran plays away to Thailand in 10 days (October 15) for an Asian Cup Qualifying match.

Queiroz has announced a 27-man squad, with 4 players to be cut before the trip as we will travel with 23 players.

Dejagah is in the squad. Will be interesting to see if he makes the cut or not.

So, the fact is that Dejagah has not featured for Fulham despite being fit enough to play. Interesting, and sort of what I expected.

Best of luck in Thailand. Keep us apprised of the results and how Ashkan looks. Thanks.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

IranianCottager

^ Thank you. Here's another update on Dejagah, seems he actually has had a calf injury for some time, but is doing better now:
"I was left out of line-up due to injury over the last few weeks, but I I'm feeling better now. I think I can play against Thailand," Fars news agency quoted Dejagah as saying.

Source:
http://www.persianfootball.com/news/2013/10/09/ashkan-dejagah-could-return-against-thailand/

Berserker

Oh i hope he doesn't aggrevate his igjury though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Quote from: IranianCottager on October 09, 2013, 07:37:17 PM
^ Thank you. Here's another update on Dejagah, seems he actually has had a calf injury for some time, but is doing better now:
"I was left out of line-up due to injury over the last few weeks, but I I'm feeling better now. I think I can play against Thailand," Fars news agency quoted Dejagah as saying.

Source:
http://www.persianfootball.com/news/2013/10/09/ashkan-dejagah-could-return-against-thailand/

Thanks for the update. Let us know how the Thailand match goes.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

it is always a great worry when a player is injured for club and manages to play for country.... either he is injured or fit.
if he has a long term issue, and he does then he needs gentle re-integration back into our team before playing for the country who may well be content to risjk him.

IranianCottager

So Iran beat Thailand 2-1. I couldn't watch, but this is a very disappointing result and not a very strong performance from Iran, although if our finishing was better, we could have easily won 4-1 or 5-1.

Dejagah started. That's the good news.

The bad news:
He missed a 1v1 he should have buried, played poorly, and was subbed out after 66 minutes. Apparently he was extremely rusty, turned the ball over a lot, and was just way off the pace.

Many on the Iranian football forum are claiming he was our worst player.

No wonder why Jol has dropped him. If you can't perform even semi-decently vs freaking Thailand, how are you going to do any good vs tough EPL teams?

horse1031

Quote from: IranianCottager on October 15, 2013, 09:26:06 PM
So Iran beat Thailand 2-1. I couldn't watch, but this is a very disappointing result and not a very strong performance from Iran, although if our finishing was better, we could have easily won 4-1 or 5-1.

The bad news:
He missed a 1v1 he should have buried, played poorly, and was subbed out after 66 minutes. Apparently he was extremely rusty, turned the ball over a lot, and was just way off the pace.

No wonder why Jol has dropped him. If you can't perform even semi-decently vs freaking Thailand, how are you going to do any good vs tough EPL teams?

you should put this as its own thread so people don't freak when he doesnt start against palace

BestOfBrede

Quote from: horse1031 on October 15, 2013, 09:47:45 PM
Quote from: IranianCottager on October 15, 2013, 09:26:06 PM

The bad news:

you should put this as its own thread so people don't freak when he doesnt start against palace
It doesn't really matter though, does it....
It'll be Jol's fault anyway!

MJG

Against Burton he was poor..but he had just come back from an injury and had no games and was given a start straight away.
Again not played any games, got injured in training and now plays on int duty without any u21/reserve games. Players will always struggle to perform if they don't play games and are thrown straight in after an injury.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk