watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BENT SAYS FULHAM HAVE TO TAKE ANY CHANCES

Started by Guinness Haze, October 04, 2013, 05:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness Haze

He's not expecting many then. Hardly inspires confidence.

horse1031

he had a massive chance against the scum.  Too bad really that he scuffed it at the keeper.  We need to score with our "limited" chances.

Burt

You have to create chances in order to take them... We haven't been too hot in that department of late.

JDH101

Quote from: horse1031 on October 04, 2013, 10:11:34 PM
he had a massive chance against the scum.  Too bad really that he scuffed it at the keeper.  We need to score with our "limited" chances.

Actually, what is a bigger issue than him scuffing that great chance, is that he didn't actually scuff the ball. Look again and you will see he hit it cleanly. Which means the ball did exactly what he wanted it to do.

Basically, he is utter shite which is why Villa probably didn't want him and he is now playing for us.

Beamer

Bit harsh, does every striker score every chance?

Forever Fulham

Quote from: JDH101 on October 04, 2013, 11:44:40 PM
he had a massive chance against the scum.  Too bad really that he scuffed it at the keeper.  We need to score with our "limited" chances.

Actually, what is a bigger issue than him scuffing that great chance, is that he didn't actually scuff the ball. Look again and you will see he hit it cleanly. Which means the ball did exactly what he wanted it to do.

Basically, he is utter shite which is why Villa probably didn't want him and he is now playing for us.
Mondo overreach on your part.  He's a quality player who has more than proven himself.  His goal production effectiveness is very high.  He just needs to get the ball from his teammates.

JDH101

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 04, 2013, 11:51:52 PM

Mondo overreach on your part.  He's a quality player who has more than proven himself.  His goal production effectiveness is very high.  He just needs to get the ball from his teammates.

How is it an overreach? Its well known he misses a lot of chances. He's done it his whole career. He's scored a lot of goals yes, but he also misses a lot. That chance against Chelsea, he was clean through. We all saw it. He has the freedom of Fulham Broadway. And all we could do was hit a back pass to the keeper.

Fulham are not a team that creates too many chances. I like that he has pace and plays off the last man. We definitely needed that. But I'd say he's probably not in the top 20 strikers of the prem.

Burt

Well done Mr Bent sir, thank you for the 3 points  :clap_hands:

alfie

Quote from: JDH101 on October 05, 2013, 02:34:32 PM

Mondo overreach on your part.  He's a quality player who has more than proven himself.  His goal production effectiveness is very high.  He just needs to get the ball from his teammates.

How is it an overreach? Its well known he misses a lot of chances. He's done it his whole career. He's scored a lot of goals yes, but he also misses a lot. That chance against Chelsea, he was clean through. We all saw it. He has the freedom of Fulham Broadway. And all we could do was hit a back pass to the keeper.

Fulham are not a team that creates too many chances. I like that he has pace and plays off the last man. We definitely needed that. But I'd say he's probably not in the top 20 strikers of the prem.

You are obviously so great at football which Premier team do you play for?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

Twig

Haha, yep he's total sh1te.

JDH101

Quote from: alfie on October 05, 2013, 05:24:42 PM

What sort of comment is that? I thought this was a forum for Fulham fans to express thoughts? Am I not allowed to say anything?I can only assume you must be 17 with a Henry Compton eduction because that is how you are coming across.

I'm thrilled we got the points, was happy Bent scored even though I knew I would get stick on this thread. But the result doesn't change my opinion of Jol and Bents goal does not change my opinion of him. I said earlier that he scores goals, but he also misses a ton. And other than goals he offers nothing to the team. When the ball goes to him it often breaks the play down. He is not in the top 20 best forwards / strikers in the Prem.

YankeeJim

Quote from: JDH101 on October 05, 2013, 07:49:51 PM

What sort of comment is that? I thought this was a forum for Fulham fans to express thoughts? Am I not allowed to say anything?I can only assume you must be 17 with a Henry Compton eduction because that is how you are coming across.

I'm thrilled we got the points, was happy Bent scored even though I knew I would get stick on this thread. But the result doesn't change my opinion of Jol and Bents goal does not change my opinion of him. I said earlier that he scores goals, but he also misses a ton. And other than goals he offers nothing to the team. When the ball goes to him it often breaks the play down. He is not in the top 20 best forwards / strikers in the Prem.

I said earlier that he scores goals.
Isn't that what a striker is suppose to do or do you prefer the statue that is Berba not scoring? He may or may not be one of the top 20 best forwards in the league but he is the best forward in black & white.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JDH101

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 05, 2013, 07:58:37 PM

Isn't that what a striker is suppose to do or do you prefer the statue that is Berba not scoring? He may or may not be one of the top 20 best forwards in the league but he is the best forward in black & white.

I UTTERLY agree. HE is the best forward we have. He is also not bad - I was unfair when I called him utter shite earlier. I take that back.

If all you want is a striker to score goals then you should try and travel back to the 1980's. The game has changed mate.

The Bronsons

I don't understand what people are watching when they say of Bent "he only scores goals". It's rubbish. He moves defences around and opens up space so that players like Kasami can make runs and people like Ruiz (if he was in a position he can play) can look to make passes forward.

Berba has lots of touches and affects our game in a negative way. Bent has few touches and we look transformed.

And he scores! What's not to like?

JDH101

Alfie - sorry for my aggressive response back to you earlier. That was uncalled for. Lets enjoy the win! Cheers

Me-ate-Live, innit??

What is his fitness plan ????? because that guy is not fit

....................and knowing that why oh why is he  sent to defend corners

Humbled

Bent is a TOP prem striker.  
By the way composure for his goal was class!!!!

2 more goals he equals Berba's tally from last season (not counting pens)  :hook:

YankeeJim

Quote from: JDH101 on October 05, 2013, 08:01:31 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on October 05, 2013, 07:58:37 PM

I UTTERLY agree. HE is the best forward we have. He is also not bad - I was unfair when I called him utter shite earlier. I take that back.

If all you want is a striker to score goals then you should try and travel back to the 1980's. The game has changed mate.

I'm just responding to what you wrote. It seems to me that a striker who "only" scores goals is a damn cite better than one that throws temper tantrums, walks about and never gets into position and doesn't score either. As to your inference to strikers of old, isn't that exactly what Berbatov is?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.