watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Stoke city Forums

Started by terryr, October 04, 2013, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I've done this the last couple of games..
Stoke City Fans seem resigned to losing.
There's no anti Fulham/ London nonsense
Hope you guys like it...If not I'll stop.

"Fulham are very poor this season and Jol is in trouble. Mind you, Norwich were very poor this season and Hughton was in trouble before Sunday and we all know what happened there.

In theory there's no reason we can't go there and win, apart from us not going there and winning of course"

"There's a bit of aggro between Hughes and Jol I think.
Certainly don't like each other"

"who'd win in a fight? reckon Jol"

"Their manager is under pressure should be our cue to have a tenner on the outcome made especially worse when you watch our so called wc keeper let in easy goals and our great team togetherness being shattered with childish rows.

This game will define Hughes, he has to get a grip of them. If we get a repeat of the Norwich game we might as well turn our stripes into hoops and hold on tight.

If I had any teeth I'd bite my nails =)"

"If Jol has been paying attention he would have seen how easy it was to nullify us - basically get in our faces and pressure us into misplaced passes and silly errors.

We really need to step it up 2 gears from Sunday and the midfield have to play a much bigger part in our (limited) attack. Jones surely can't be such a fanny two games running.

I'm a bit nervous about it already, tbh - our season could go either way right now..."

Holders

Good stuff, as for Cardiff, keep it coming please - it gives a good insight.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

horse1031

you could put some links up as well of which forums you used.

Lighthouse

Always interesting seeing how other fans see the games coming up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Surprising reaction really, if that is typical. Thought they would view us as relatively easy pickings at the moment.

The Bronsons

Quote"If Jol has been paying attention he would have seen how easy it was to nullify us - basically get in our faces and pressure us into misplaced passes and silly errors."

If this is what they're worried about, they have nothing to worry about.

Thanks TerryR, good to know supporters of other sides are as pessimistic as I feel right now.

JDH101

I love these threads! I'm a lazy son of a gun so I love that you bring this info to me! Thank you and keep em coming!

terryr

It does sometimes take a bit of work to get to the Fulham related posts

Forever Fulham

Thanks, Terry.  Good stuff.  "If I had any teeth, I'd bite my nails." 

The Old Count

Almost makes you feel better about our shambles.

Thanks for the posts. Always good to see the other sides viewpoint.

ffc73

Quote from: Burt on October 04, 2013, 10:44:49 PM
Surprising reaction really, if that is typical. Thought they would view us as relatively easy pickings at the moment.

Of the 'established' PL sides, both Stoke and ourselves are the ones that you could have predicted would struggle this season based on last seasons results, finished 12th & 13th respectively, new manager and/or new owner over the summer. 

On the back of home defeats to Cardiff and Norwich, not really surprising that their supporters are feeling similar to us

RaySmith

Ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy?

I'm sick of all this doom mongering and negativity - why not just get behind the  team, and shout and sing and give players and managers your full support and backing - you never know you might be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Nero

sounds like it going to be an boring 0-0 draw no team seems to like to attack

SP

Quote from: Nero on October 05, 2013, 09:43:11 AM
sounds like it going to be an boring 0-0 draw no team seems to like to attack

We can dream...

Bassey the warrior

"If [instert any other manager] has been paying attention he would have seen how easy it was to nullify us - basically get in our faces and pressure us into misplaced passes and silly errors."

Sound familiar?

Logicalman

Quote from: The Moose on October 05, 2013, 12:27:06 PM
"If [instert any other manager] has been paying attention he would have seen how easy it was to nullify us - basically get in our faces and pressure us into misplaced passes and silly errors."

Sound familiar?

Dunno, ours would be "If [insert any other manager] has been paying attention he would have seen how easy it was to nullify us - basically lump it over the midfield and challenge the defence then walk the ball into the goal."

jarv

Excellent posts, had me laughing. At one point I thought I was reading FoF posts and not Stoke. :kettle pot: Dig out the funny posts and keep them coming.