watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

jol says he is not short of offers.

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 05, 2013, 10:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Probably taken out of context. But Jol seems ready to move on even with the hope he may not have to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Forever Fulham

If there is ANY truth to this story, then I want Jol out now.  Is there anything more bush league than a manager trying to salvage a wounded ego with a story that other clubs are after him, so that he will land softly if the axe should fall?  I can't think of anything more inappropriate to being put out there now.  It's as if he is saying, 'I'm a great coach, because others want me.'   But then he refuses to name names.  I've got a secret, and I'm not telling.  Oh, well.  It's not like the Daily Mail is known for careful fact checking and corroboration.  Maybe this is all a half truth, an exaggeration of the details of an interview.  Still...

The Old Count

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 05, 2013, 10:34:50 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2443795/Martin-Jol-tells-Fulham-fans-team.html

I hope this 'quote' was taken out of context or is a fabrication. If not it is another Sanchez like posturing blunder. Perhaps he should let Cock or Dick do the talking in future. All he adds is Bo**ocks.

alexbishop

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 05, 2013, 10:49:45 AM
If there is ANY truth to this story, then I want Jol out now.  Is there anything more bush league than a manager trying to salvage a wounded ego with a story that other clubs are after him, so that he will land softly if the axe should fall?  I can't think of anything more inappropriate to being put out there now.  It's as if he is saying, 'I'm a great coach, because others want me.'   But then he refuses to name names.  I've got a secret, and I'm not telling.  Oh, well.  It's not like the Daily Mail is known for careful fact checking and corroboration.  Maybe this is all a half truth, an exaggeration of the details of an interview.  Still...

Same story reported by Jacob Murtagh - http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jol-rejected-top-job-offer-6141446
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Sometimes we need a laugh................

http://footballspeak.com/post/2013/10/03/Martin-Jol-not-that-interested.aspx

In the interview, Jol was quoted as saying: "To be honest, even I'm not that interested in the club (Fulham). When they built the statue of Michael Jackson I thought it was all a big joke- but they were being deadly serious about everything. I realised I couldn't take this job seriously anymore and that's when I signed Hugo Rodallega. He couldn't score in a brothel and everybody knows it, but for some reason no-one realised it was literally a joke signing.

"I was getting pats on the back and calls of congratulations. Certainly it was a bizarre time."

A Fulham spokesperson has revealed that the club are 'disappointed' with Jol's remarks but have said that on this occasion they are prepared to give their manager 'the benefit of the doubt'.

The reluctance to criticise their manager, or even release any sort of strongly-worded statement, arises from both a crippling club culture of total apathy and the fact that Jol has already claimed that he was 'misquoted' in the interview, which was conducted entirely in English and broadcast worldwide in it's entirety.

After being shown the exact moment when Jol clearly stated 'I don't even like Fulham' amongst various other derogatory remarks, the club's press officer Neil Wilson responded with a yawn and a slight shrug, before mumbling something about the X-Factor and drifting into a deep sleep.

'Blood Slasher' (left) and 'Metal Hands Harry' (right), commonly regarded as the club's wildest and most dangerous fans, share a flask of tea and discuss the best way to cook a meat and potato pie from scratch.

Club Chairman Shahid Kahn was unavailable for comment after a request from Pies and Bovril, with his personal assistant only revealing that he was too busy eating Ready Salted crisps and listening to Coldplay on medium volume to be interviewed.

epsomraver

Quote from: alexbishop on October 05, 2013, 10:54:18 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 05, 2013, 10:49:45 AM

Same story reported by Jacob Murtagh - http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jol-rejected-top-job-offer-6141446

Strange how the local rag has one offer then the Mail make it several clubs circling

Forever Fulham

Well, yes, medium volume is the best way to listen to Coldplay.  

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Artful Dodger

I'll book him a taxi for 5pm tonight.....

Coldplay are awesome live (and loud)
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

Even if Jol wins the next 5 games, his relationship with the club, fans and majority of staff is dead, so he won't be staying for the long term anyway. He'll jump ship as soon as a better opportunity comes along, blaming the fans and not himself for the undoing. On the basis of this, we're better off parting company soon.

ron

It might be that the mentioned clubs "circling to get him as their manager" might on closer inspection be vultures ready to pick the bones of the club that he's wrecked here in SW6.

MJG

He mentioned in the press conference yesterday and was only reported after 11pm as they are not allowed to repetition it till then. But it as reported.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Pluto

Quote from: KCat on October 05, 2013, 10:57:41 AM
Sometimes we need a laugh................

http://footballspeak.com/post/2013/10/03/Martin-Jol-not-that-interested.aspx

In the interview, Jol was quoted as saying: "To be honest, even I'm not that interested in the club (Fulham). When they built the statue of Michael Jackson I thought it was all a big joke- but they were being deadly serious about everything. I realised I couldn't take this job seriously anymore and that's when I signed Hugo Rodallega. He couldn't score in a brothel and everybody knows it, but for some reason no-one realised it was literally a joke signing.

"I was getting pats on the back and calls of congratulations. Certainly it was a bizarre time."

A Fulham spokesperson has revealed that the club are 'disappointed' with Jol's remarks but have said that on this occasion they are prepared to give their manager 'the benefit of the doubt'.

The reluctance to criticise their manager, or even release any sort of strongly-worded statement, arises from both a crippling club culture of total apathy and the fact that Jol has already claimed that he was 'misquoted' in the interview, which was conducted entirely in English and broadcast worldwide in it's entirety.

After being shown the exact moment when Jol clearly stated 'I don't even like Fulham' amongst various other derogatory remarks, the club's press officer Neil Wilson responded with a yawn and a slight shrug, before mumbling something about the X-Factor and drifting into a deep sleep.

'Blood Slasher' (left) and 'Metal Hands Harry' (right), commonly regarded as the club's wildest and most dangerous fans, share a flask of tea and discuss the best way to cook a meat and potato pie from scratch.

Club Chairman Shahid Kahn was unavailable for comment after a request from Pies and Bovril, with his personal assistant only revealing that he was too busy eating Ready Salted crisps and listening to Coldplay on medium volume to be interviewed.

:005:

Bassey the warrior

If he wants to quit I'm okay with that, I've no problem at all on him saving us some money.

EJL

Off you pop then, Jol. Do what Strachan did and tear up your contract.

jarv

Ms. Beserker, loved your coldplay comment, laugh out loud. Could not agree more.

As for Jol, I heard Three Bridges in the sussex county league were looking for a kit man.