more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I have explained to Darren I can't play him every game,

Started by bobby01, October 06, 2013, 12:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Says Jol in today's paper, what the hell is that all about
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Craven Mad

Ridiculous. We have 3 strikers with 2 league goals between them - both from Bent..

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Jol should say nothing .....................................................and say it often  (In the Media)
Instead, he should MANAGER a fitness programme for Bent ..........................shouldn't be too hard with the people and the facilities at his disposal.

Aldo

He should manage a fitness program for all the squad. We do seem to be lacking as a team!

HatterDon

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 06, 2013, 12:50:36 PM
Ridiculous. We have 3 strikers with 2 league goals between them - both from Bent..

and one never gets on the pitch.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pluto

He does come out with some bizarre stuff doesn't he? Everyone and their mum can see Bent has to start.

TootingKhanmun

Could be the more we play him, the it pushes his price up.

Nero

Quote from: bobby01 on October 06, 2013, 12:28:51 PM
Says Jol in today's paper, what the hell is that all about

Because hes in love with Berbatov, if he is in a plaster cast he will start ahead of Bent

BarryP

Could be playing him less might decrease the value of the club.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

ffc73

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2013, 02:28:23 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on October 06, 2013, 12:50:36 PM

and one never gets on the pitch.

Yesterday Hugo was warming up with Bent after Berbatov appeared injured. prior to the challenge that finally did for him.  Hugo was clearly angry at not getting the nod as he threw his training top to the ground as he took his place back on the bench.  It must be frustrating knowing that both Berbatov and Bent have to be injured before you can get a game

Lighthouse

Can some clever person explain to me where the rule is we can't play two strikers? This silly fashion that football has fallen into of playing a 'false number 9' or one striker. Why? It is on the whole really dull to watch.Liverpool played with two strikers and so did Newcastle. Please let this be a change in fashion. The days of playing at least two strikers made the game better. Would certainly  make our game better.

This stupid idea that Jol thinks Bwrbatov with Ruiz or Kasami behind works in any fashion is just madness. Bent and Rodders playing as twin strikers might actually be good to watch. Let this fashion for a false number 9 as Stoke had or Berbatov really is, end. Let's see proper strikers actually going forward, If Bent has to be dropped for the dull tactics Jol has in mind. Then more than just me will be driven from even watching the four second highlights.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

King_Crud

I can't stand Jol now, we won yesterday despite his management, not because of his management

Humbled

when I heard the starting line up yesterday I was disappointed.... I didn't understand playing pretty much
4-6-0 at home against Stoke!

Tonywa

Given most of Hugo's performances in a Fulham shirt have been pretty dismal I hardly think he has any cause for compliant in being third in line.

epsomraver

Quote from: King_Crud on October 06, 2013, 03:38:38 PM
I can't stand Jol now, we won yesterday despite his management, not because of his management

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 06, 2013, 03:38:00 PM
Can some clever person explain to me where the rule is we can't play two strikers? This silly fashion that football has fallen into of playing a 'false number 9' or one striker. Why? It is on the whole really dull to watch.Liverpool played with two strikers and so did Newcastle. Please let this be a change in fashion. The days of playing at least two strikers made the game better. Would certainly  make our game better.

This stupid idea that Jol thinks Bwrbatov with Ruiz or Kasami behind works in any fashion is just madness. Bent and Rodders playing as twin strikers might actually be good to watch. Let this fashion for a false number 9 as Stoke had or Berbatov really is, end. Let's see proper strikers actually going forward, If Bent has to be dropped for the dull tactics Jol has in mind. Then more than just me will be driven from even watching the four second highlights.

It needn't be dull, the best sides do it to good effect. I am a fan of it myself. But Jol lacks the understanding of how to make it work.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Moose on October 06, 2013, 06:02:26 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 06, 2013, 03:38:00 PM

It needn't be dull, the best sides do it to good effect. I am a fan of it myself. But Jol lacks the understanding of how to make it work.
yes but the best sides normally have 5 good midfielders behind a good striker. we do not
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Enter the Frei

We look god awful when we play 442 IMO. We just get overrun far too easily with a 2 man midfield and especially if we left Hugo and Bent to both play of the last man there would just be no link to attack. Honestly the most effective and exciting attacking sides do play with one striker it's just they normally have wingers or attacking mids that are effective between the lines. We don't have that right now.

alfie

I really don't think any kind of coaching will change much, our players occasionally put a few decent moves together but they are just not geared up to play that sort of football, they are just not good enough, so i am currently rejoicing in the fact we won, i think this must be the focus for the moment to get a few wins together then worry about sweet passing attractive football.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: Enter the Frei on October 06, 2013, 06:07:46 PM
We look god awful when we play 442 IMO. We just get overrun far too easily with a 2 man midfield and especially if we left Hugo and Bent to both play of the last man there would just be no link to attack. Honestly the most effective and exciting attacking sides do play with one striker it's just they normally have wingers or attacking mids that are effective between the lines. We don't have that right now.
er? so we havent been overun once this season when we play with 2 dm's in a 4 5 1 formation? we have been overun in every game even in the cups. our 4 5 1 doesnt work end of. we dont have the players to do it well
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.