watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which to choose Palace or Saints ?

Started by Riversider, October 07, 2013, 05:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Because of time and cost I can only do one of these games (if they had been spread out I would have done both )
Both are easy for me to do , travel wise, so which offers the potential for a better day out , I recently did Chelsea away and "the experience" could have put me off away games for life, awful dull time, should have stayed at home,
I've been to Selhurst many times and I've been to The Dell many times, but haven't been to their new ground before, so that reason alone is tipping it slightly towards The Saints,
Any ideas how many we are going to take to each ground, personally hate the new initiative by the club to give free tickets to kids , how do fathers with 9 year old daughters or 7 year old son's help atmosphere when they are upset/moaning about people standing up to sing or remonstrate ? The initiative should have been encouraging more support ranging from 15 to 25 , that's the support we need as a 12th man not some 8 year old kid !
Would be delighted with 4 points from these games , the game against Palace is already must win for them , and Southampton are really flying and look a very good side ,
So what's it to be Palace or Southampton ?

Berserker

I'm going to Palace as i have never been there
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

alexbishop

If you want an good day out and to see some nice football choose Saints. If you want best chance of seeing Fulham win - choose Palace
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

TonyGilroy

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Southampton are a very good footballing side, they will easily be top 10 this year maybe even top 8.... We will struggle immensely against them, but you will see some good football from them and if we pick up a point at St Marys it will be a HUGE result for us.

Palace on the other hand try to play attacking football, they do not know how to defend, and we don't know how to attack.... Could be an interesting game with several goals... This game is bigger for us in terms of our sesson, we simply have to get some sort of result there. Small old style ground, london derby with both teams desperate for points. Could be a great atmosphere...

Better football or better atmosphere / better chance of 3 points

ffc73

No idea where you are travelling from Riversider but there is a bus replacement rail service on the Southern railway on the Saturday of the Southampton game.

If you are travelling from Victoria down the Arun Valley to Barnham and then across to Southampton this might be a factor for you.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FFC73 on October 07, 2013, 08:13:28 AM
No idea where you are travelling from Riversider but there is a bus replacement rail service on the Southern railway on the Saturday of the Southampton game.

If you are travelling from Victoria down the Arun Valley to Barnham and then across to Southampton this might be a factor for you.
Hi FFC73 - where have you seen this please?  (I don't see it on Southern rail's web site)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

Being a local lad it has to be Palace for me, we've had quite an interesting history at Selhurst Park even though we haven't played there much recently.  A game that finished early & was restarted.  Over 4,000 FFC fans for a match verses Wimbledon.  Fulham Ladies winning the FAC...

The Palace fans are certainly looking forward to this fixture.

Burt

Never been to St Mary's so Southampton edges it, even though we are less likely to get a result there.

ffc73

See www.nationalrail.co.uk

Trains along the coast are fine but anyone travelling by train south of Horsham (me) on Southern trains out of Victoria will need to get a bus through the West Sussex countryside to pick up a train again at Barnham. 

I do see a number of Fulham supporters on the train in the Crawley, Redhill, Horsham area so just in case you are any of them and are going to Southampton allow extra time

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FFC73 on October 07, 2013, 09:57:30 PM
See www.nationalrail.co.uk

Trains along the coast are fine but anyone travelling by train south of Horsham (me) on Southern trains out of Victoria will need to get a bus through the West Sussex countryside to pick up a train again at Barnham.  

I do see a number of Fulham supporters on the train in the Crawley, Redhill, Horsham area so just in case you are any of them and are going to Southampton allow extra time

Just to clarify, anyone getting trains from Victoria, Clapham J, East Croydon, Gatwick, Haywards Heath through to Hove,  Worthing, Angmering etc will NOT be affected by the south of Horsham situation that FFC73 has alluded to.  
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.