watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well we are doing better than the Jaguars

Started by RidgeRider, October 07, 2013, 03:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Jacksonville Jaguars are 0-5, have scored the least number of points in the NFL and have allowed the second highest points to be scored against them in the NFL. Seem they have bigger problems than we do.

King_Crud

Maybe their using the Jol methods, trying the no quarterback attack

RoyTund

Quote from: King_Crud on October 07, 2013, 03:14:06 PM
Lolz.  Did they get first draft pick this year?

elgreenio

had a browse of their forums and they seem to be ok with keeping the head coach even if they were to go 0-16 this year. Is weird reading a team forum where the players are being criticised over the manager (though they do appreciate he's been left with a piece of crap squad)
touch my camera through the fence

Putney

Quote from: RoyTund on October 07, 2013, 03:17:55 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on October 07, 2013, 03:14:06 PM
Lolz.  Did they get first draft pick this year?

2nd pick, but their pick broke his ankle yesterday so is out for the remainder of the season!

NCSUWhite

Decent skill players, but no quarterback or defense. Lot of rebuilding and when you are talking about a lot of players on both defense and offense it takes time. That's why they will give a coach a few years imo.

Twig

This observation hardly fills me with confidence.

grandad

It would spice things up if they had relegation.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Forever Fulham

I would again re-iterate that owning the NFL franchise ranked worst in the league creates a distraction for Khan which steals time and attention he might otherwise be putting into the current state of affairs at FFC.   

flirpit

Anyone interested in the Jags (or even just the NFL) should check out this extensive piece on their problems this season: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9768340/bottoming-jacksonville

It put's our struggles into perspective....but they don't have relegation to worry about!
@garthurabbott

The Bronsons

No relegation? No worries.

Khan should be 100% focussed on FFC. This is where it could go seriously wrong for him.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 07, 2013, 05:03:35 PM
I would again re-iterate that owning the NFL franchise ranked worst in the league creates a distraction for Khan which steals time and attention he might otherwise be putting into the current state of affairs at FFC.   

Why is it so much of a distraction for him? Just like with us, he's delegated the day to day running of the club to the hands of people he trusts ( until they show they cannot be trusted with it ).

I'd bet that he's more concerned with the day to day operation of the company/ies that have earned him the wealth that, in turn, afforded him the purchase of two relatively cheap sports franchises.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Forever Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 07, 2013, 07:51:18 PM

Why is it so much of a distraction for him? Just like with us, he's delegated the day to day running of the club to the hands of people he trusts ( until they show they cannot be trusted with it ).

I'd bet that he's more concerned with the day to day operation of the company/ies that have earned him the wealth that, in turn, afforded him the purchase of two relatively cheap sports franchises.
That works with absentee owners.  Not with the hands-on type.  He likes being 'out front', the face of the organization.  The moustache.  The photo opportunities.  The meet and greets.  These guys all have varying degrees of egos.   Losing is an embarrassment.  Winning brings adulation and social opportunities.  There's nothing sexy about auto parts.  But owning an NFL franchise?  Attention, attention, and more attention.  In the news.  Your picture and name constantly splashed about.  Therefore, he wants to right the ship in Jacksonville.  Maybe that means spending more of the set aside "sports budget" than he intended on the Jaguars  instead of sharing it with FFC. 

flirpit

Jaguars don't cost Shahid. NFL has revenue sharing and a salary cap (and salary floor for that matter) so costs stay relatively stable. Success depends on good coaching and scouting. So the Jaguars will not take any more of his money than expected.
@garthurabbott

RoyTund

Quote from: flirpit on October 08, 2013, 04:11:47 PM
Jaguars don't cost Shahid. NFL has revenue sharing and a salary cap (and salary floor for that matter) so costs stay relatively stable. Success depends on good coaching and scouting. So the Jaguars will not take any more of his money than expected.
and the draft tries to encourage success not being entrenched with the same few clubs.  Not as simple as this but.

Forever Fulham

All good and true points.  But when you own the team with the worst record in the league, your ego takes a massive hit notwithstanding the economic safety net in place.  And more seats in the stadium start to go unfilled.  So do branded merchandise sales.  That's where the club can make extra revenue.  Same thing with playoff appearances.   And if you are a relatively new team (the newest team) with no longstanding base of fans, no longstanding fan culture for the club, then ticket sales will take a bigger hit in a losing season, than, for instance, with a pedigreed team with a winning tradition momentarily doing poorly.  No, the Jaguars are a major distraction right now. 

SmithyFFC

Perhaps Khan is trying to set the record of having the two worst teams either side of the pond?

Anyone else slightly worried that he may not even understand the full concept of relegation by the way?!
FTID

BishopsParkFantastic

Fulham isn't a franchise, please!

RidgeRider

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 09, 2013, 02:09:53 AM

Fulham isn't a franchise, please!

Mr. BPF, it's common mistake we over here make when referring to a 'team' outside the US. 'Franchise' here in the colonies is nearly interchangeable with the word 'team' in common usage. I've made the same mistake on this forum way back when and was quickly reminded the same.  :dft001: