News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any Interest in a Grass Roots Drive For McBride as Next Manager?

Started by Forever Fulham, October 08, 2013, 12:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

First, he'd have to express an interest to Khan and maybe Alistair.  I wonder if he can get around any coaching badge requirements...  His agent is still, I believe, Lyle Yorks.
http://www.jamesgrant.com/en/group/employee/lyle-yorks/67?cc-check=1&
Just a thought, now that Muelensteen is off to Qatar. 

Captain Fulhamerica

Love McBride, but he doesn't have any coaching experience that I know of.  He's also got a pretty good gig as a commentator for Fox.

valdeingruo

He does have a nice job as a commentator and is very well respected for it. Manager? No Coach? yes
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

No, that's sillier than Murphy. This is the big boy league. This isn't a starter home.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

David Allen Crankshaw

He has a young family in the USA. Why would he want to move them to the UK even if he had the required coaching qualifications?

SmithyFFC

Maybe as a coach. Could teach Berbatov a think or two about putting a decent shift in on the pitch.

As a manager, we might as well give Mr. Sanchez a second go.
FTID

Nightwind15

As an American I would love to see him come as a manager for us and while doing so bring Dempsey in as an assistant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Forever Fulham

I'm sure I've come up with something more ridiculous before now.  And will again.  Thank you all for putting up with me.  I'll try to keep it to a minimum. 

Deanothefulhamfan

I loved Mcbride but as you say I would not want him to fail....

Would install a bit of passion into the team if nothing else.

The Equalizer

I'd quite like a grass roots drive for Statler and Waldorf as joint Fulham managers, with Gonzo as the first team coach.

That's nearly as ridiculous as having Brian McBride, but probably a lot more fun.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Deanothefulhamfan

Sammy you obviously missed the post when someone mentioned Ian Dowie....

westcliff white

i thought he indicated he had no intention of coaching or managing at senior level.
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

Just because somone had a good stint here as a player and a fan's favourite will not make them a great choice for a manager, particularly when they have no qualifications or prior managerial experience.

With the likes of McBride and Murphy I would prefer to remember them for the good they did whilst playing for us, rather than having to remember them for failing as a manager at this level...

Peabody

There are lots of very good players who were not up to being very good managers. The likes of Sir Bobby Charlton, Ssir Stanley Matthews, Sir Tom Finney, Bobby Moore and our very own Sir Johnny Haynes. So, no disrespect To Brian McBride, I would prefer to see if he can do it elsewhere before giving him that opportunity.

filham

McBride is an absolute Fulham hero and I wouldn't turn him down for any Fulham relate job'

Beddy Jezzard , Bill Dodgin  , Micky Adams and Chris Coleman all stepped into the managers seat after retiring as Fulham players, why not Brian. The only failure in this situation was Bobby Robson and he went on to prove that we just did not give him enough time.

The Equalizer

Quote from: filham on October 09, 2013, 08:16:17 PM
McBride is an absolute Fulham hero and I wouldn't turn him down for any Fulham relate job'

Beddy Jezzard , Bill Dodgin  , Micky Adams and Chris Coleman all stepped into the managers seat after retiring as Fulham players, why not Brian. The only failure in this situation was Bobby Robson and he went on to prove that we just did not give him enough time.

Times have changed substantially: players are no longer on £20-£200 a week and the cost of failure is enough to bankrupt a small country. Experience and ability is required, not faith.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

filham

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 09, 2013, 09:53:30 PM
Quote from: filham on October 09, 2013, 08:16:17 PM

Times have changed substantially: players are no longer on £20-£200 a week and the cost of failure is enough to bankrupt a small country. Experience and ability is required, not faith.
There are a lot of people from the past who would still do well in today's game, the basic ingredients to motivate a team remain the same. Anyway Coleman's transfer from Fulham player to Fulham manager took place during the pressurised premiership years and he managed it.