watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Coleman

Started by The Swan, October 08, 2013, 10:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Anyone think our former manager Chris Coleman would do a good job as our new manager. He did a good job first time until he was dictated to by Keane. Without Keane he might do a good job.
The Swan

jms

Loved him as a player.....but he strikes me as not 'sophisticated' ( if that's the right word ) enough to manage a premier team. He still too much 'one of the lads'

Nightwind15

I liked Cookie and really think he would do well with a second run at it.  Besides he looks good in a suit, unlike Jol!
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Whitesideup

Don't forget. Coleman bought a whole new midfield whilst persisting with Zak Knight and Zesh Reyman in defence.

St Eve

Unfortunately he has done nothing since leaving us

twang

I love Coleman but if Jol do get the sack can we, please, at least go for someone exciting and not the usual suspects.

Someone like Christian Streich, Thomas Tuchel or Marcelo Bielsa would sure as hell be something different.

SmithyFFC

If Jol goes anytime soon the club needs to move forwards, not backwards.

I loved the initial time under Coleman, but his final seasons and his managerial record since leaving us shows him to be medicore at best.
FTID

Deanothefulhamfan

Another player who is a bit of a legend at the club, but as peoplenhave said he has done nothing since he left.

Also I don't ever beleive a manager should return to the same club he has managed previously... Mourinho is a bit of an exception, but even he is finding it tough

JBH

No thanks he took Tigana's team and turned them into a 2nd rate outfit 

Legend as a Fulham player, Leg End as a Manager  :028:

Skatzoffc

No!
A great defender but his managerial skills defence wise are hopeless.
Odd, but true imo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 09, 2013, 12:44:37 AM
If Jol goes anytime soon the club needs to move forwards, not backwards.

I loved the initial time under Coleman, but his final seasons and his managerial record since leaving us shows him to be medicore at best.
This :plus one:

Airfix

Some Fulham fans were discussing Jol on the train after the Cardiff game, bemoaning his abilities and stating that they'd rather have Coleman back.  Two Cardiff fans started wetting themselves with laughter and said that we could have him back any time we chose.

Says it all for me.

Burt

Mr JBH sums it up well.

DiegoFulham

Plus another benefit would be him bringing Miss Charlotte Jackson to the cottage!!

there again... im still fully in support of Jol!
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

HatterDon

Quote from: JBH on October 09, 2013, 07:19:05 AM

The amount of money he had as opposed to the amount of money Tigana had was not a factor?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

I think Coleman is our longest serving premiership manager and ,remembering he operated on a shoe string budget, he served us well. But as others have said he has no good references and so really he is Championship material at the best.

Chesh

In a word - no..

His away performances were as bad as anybody's since, his man management just as questionable (I'll never forget when he rested Edwin VDS for a league cup game, (not dropped remember), and Crossley came in and had a half decent game, and Coleman said Crossley was staying in because he 'was the man in possession', despite VDS having done nothing wrong and being the better keeper - just probably wasn't one of his Welsh drinking buddies :008: ), and lastly I don't think he's actually that good at it (as his numerous attempts since have confirmed).

I like the bloke, and he always has a good word to say about us, but future club matchday ambassador - yes, manager -no.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Skatzoffc

Quote from: The Swan on October 08, 2013, 10:13:20 PM
Anyone think our former manager Chris Coleman would do a good job as our new manager. He did a good job first time until he was dictated to by Keane. Without Keane he might do a good job.

In a word....No!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Joe McDonald

Quote from: JBH on October 09, 2013, 07:19:05 AM

He'd been told to reduce the wage bill, and as such was required to sell off a number of players that decimted the squad of any quality.  The re-writing of history does undermine all his good work at Fulham