watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zola for anyone ?

Started by west kowloon white, October 09, 2013, 09:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

west kowloon white

Not a name I had noticed being linked to date - seems to be doing OK albeit with a cloned team of loanees after failing at WHU,seems a thoroughly likeable personality.
Pleased to see the MON suggestion thoroughly trashed but the Jol out brigade failing to make a realistic or sensible suggestion,any thoughts?
Would like to see Murphy given some role myself.

westcliff white

his named was mentioned on the Wednesday Fulham Stuff posting.
Every day is a Fulham day

Deanothefulhamfan

Actually not got too  many bad things to say about Zola... The Whu role was arguably to soon for him and he will have learnt a lot from then. Another attacking minded coach, who get his team to play good football

Would hope for better, but we could do a lot worse.

Deanothefulhamfan

As for West Kowloon white.... I gave my suggestion of Hoddle but he has been given a role by the FA.... There are plenty of managers out there who we do not know much about. Solsjkaer would not even be too bad. We usually do well with our managerial appointments, so I am sure we would not get one of the names that is top of all the media's list. We usually bring in someone off everyones radar

west kowloon white

.....and regularly mentioned too-must try harder.
Didn't mean to suggest all Jol bashers were devoid of sensible suggestions or constructive views either-some are very sensitive however.
Back in my box then.

Holders

I have no problem with Zola if we need to appoint now but I believe Khan's preference, if possible, would be to make the change in the summer to allow for reasearch and more choice of availability as that's when contracts typically expire.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Danitar

Agreed with the above, Zola is a very good candidate but has only had half of a season in the prem so we would be going in the other direction with Zola. I would like us to try for someone like guus hiddink or going ambitious with frank de boer as he would be very good with the youth and play good football at the same time.

Otley

Bassey the warrior

Wouldn't mind him at all. In the Martinez mould: ultra positive, motivational and gets his teams to play the right way.

Lighthouse

Seems to like his sides to go forward. Have to be honest and say I would take anybody who thought football matches were there to try and win. So yes from me.

But Archibald Clutterbuck of Bridlington Girls under 9s will do for me if he wanted Fulham to venture into the oppositions half once in a while.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Enter the Frei

I'd quite like him as a manager, but given the experience within our side is an inexperienced manager the best idea?

HatterDon

I like Zola a lot. He's also a manager that The Equalizer could see eye-to-eye with.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

No need to get back in your box WKW.... I was just making the point that when it comes to Fulham, it is all fun going through each individial candidate but in reallity they like to pull a rabbit out of the hat, a bit more thought process goes into our managerial process than most other smaller clubs in the premiership / championship. We do have the odd glitch, but generally im impressed with our managers we hire.

Rupert

I understand that Mr Clutterbuck has stated he intends to honour his contract with Bridlington Girls, but well done for spotting the diamond in the rough, so to speak.

Mr Don- naughty!

Zola would be an interesting choice, even a brave one, but I think the poster who said the boss wants to wait until the end of the season before making a change has probably got it right.

So, with my prediction record, that's Martin on his bike next week, then.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Berserker

What about my dream of MON last night, not a good sign
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SmithyFFC

Failed at West Ham. Why would he do any better with us?
FTID

Scrumpy

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 09, 2013, 08:41:20 PM
Failed at West Ham. Why would he do any better with us?

He's had some decent seasons with Watford since. The experience will have done him good.

Yes, I'd take Zola.  076.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Bassey the warrior

The West Ham fans seemed to rate him and feel it was difficult to play that kind of football with the team he had at his disposal. It took a brute like Allardyce to keep them up.

HatterDon

Quote from: Danitar on October 09, 2013, 03:33:24 PM
Agreed with the above, Zola is a very good candidate but has only had half of a season in the prem so we would be going in the other direction with Zola. I would like us to try for someone like guus hiddink or going ambitious with frank de boer as he would be very good with the youth and play good football at the same time.

How much managerial time do Hiddink and deBoer have in the Prem?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on October 09, 2013, 06:35:37 PM
I understand that Mr Clutterbuck has stated he intends to honour his contract with Bridlington Girls, but well done for spotting the diamond in the rough, so to speak.

Well he said the same when he was coach driving for the Skelmersdale Over 65s and we all know what happened there. So he has form.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope