watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did you know .....................

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, October 10, 2013, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Alistair Mackintosh is a member of the National Farmers' Union Livestock Board, Alistair is a tenant farmer of 640 acres in Cumbria and owns a further 100 acres. He farms in partnership with his wife, and runs 1,200 breeding ewes, 130 cows and 100 acres of arable crops. A bull beef finisher, he is a member of the EBLEX Beef Better Returns Steering Group.

Scrumpy

Are you sure it's the same guy? The last time I saw 'our' Alistair he was driving an Aston Martin and looking very much the 'City Slicker'. Can't see him getting down and dirty on the farm?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

copthornemike

grandad

Two different people with one thing in common apart from their name - they both know nothing about football.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Me-ate-Live, innit??

What a shame ...................I thought I had rumbled the source of the Chickens  !!!!

alfie

Quote from: grandad on October 10, 2013, 09:46:45 PM
Two different people with one thing in common apart from their name - they both know nothing about football.

Sorry Grandad but what makes you think you know more about football than him, do you know him personally
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Why do people have to know people personally do know they are good or bad at what they do?

I didn't know Hitler personally but I sort of have the impression he was an odd sort of chap.

I don't know anybody but I know that they know I know they know I know more about you know than they do. You know?

Then there are politicians and football managers and players. Are we only allowed to hold an opinion about them if we know them personally.

Do any of us really know ourselves? Until things happen how well do we know our real selves? My opinion is I simply don't know. I do know I am much more of a sad twit with Jol managing my football team. And IT IS mine and IT IS yours. It doesn't belong to them and they are spoiling it for us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 10, 2013, 11:17:30 PM
Why do people have to know people personally do know they are good or bad at what they do?

I didn't know Hitler personally but I sort of have the impression he was an odd sort of chap.

I don't know anybody but I know that they know I know they know I know more about you know than they do. You know?

Then there are politicians and football managers and players. Are we only allowed to hold an opinion about them if we know them personally.

Do any of us really know ourselves? Until things happen how well do we know our real selves? My opinion is I simply don't know. I do know I am much more of a sad twit with Jol managing my football team. And IT IS mine and IT IS yours. It doesn't belong to them and they are spoiling it for us.

Bit late in replying to this, i asked the question that way because Grandad implied that Mackintosh knows nothing about football, it was not an opinion it was a statement, how can he say that if he does not know him personally, probably like most of us never even met him.

By the way i support FFC because i want to, but i do not consider it to be mine, i have been going to the same Sainsburys for the last 28 years, but it is not mine.
Anyway that is being a bit childish sorry.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

DukeTyrion

Quote from: grandad on October 10, 2013, 09:46:45 PM

To be fair, he might know quite a lot about football ...

... the farmer that is :-P

Vinnieffc

Quote from: KCat on October 10, 2013, 10:02:26 PM
What a shame ...................I thought I had rumbled the source of the Chickens  !!!!

Dammit. I was hoping I could load the blame on the badgers digging up my garden on him  :012:

Holders

Pity, he went up in my estimation briefly.

Beef Steering Group! Love it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria