https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NOT JOL RELATED.........Johnny Haynes ......... rainy Sunday morning watch

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, October 13, 2013, 09:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

jarv

BishopsParkFantastic

Wow, KCat thank you for the JH audio collection - I will keep and treasure this. When Johnny launched his biography with a book signing at W H Smiths in Putney High Street - my mum worked there and I was first up to his table, where I think I remember correctly that my book was the first he signed, and I was photographed with him for the local paper. Spent the rest of my teenage years running to the ground to get in early enough to reach the fence at Craven Cottage to watch him. He was absolutely mesmorising - it's very difficult to describe to people today just how great Johnny was. One of the wonderful things about being a Fulham supporter, to have had the privilege of seeing one of the worlds greatest footballers perform week in and week out - how fortunate I have been?!

filham

Great post, what better way to pass a wet Sunday afternoon.

Oh, how lucky we all were to have Johnny at Fulham for all those years. We have seen some very good players at Fulham but no one has ever come close to Haynes.

RaySmith

RidgeRider

Thank you Kcat. Really enjoyed the step back in history.  049:gif

Me-ate-Live, innit??

There was a time when we beat Spam!!!
Look at the crowd and the gate was £5000.00

West Ham v Fulham 1958

RidgeRider

wow, the condition of the field was appalling by today's standards and the ball looks a bit heavier and more like an old NBA leather basketball....I'll bet it was heavier and didn't roll as true as today's balls do.

Terrific old footage. Thanks again!

LBNo11

...excellent stuff, I will add these to the Johnny Haynes Statue page on facebook, thanks kitty.. :005:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC