watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Finn Christensen Creative Writing Award

Started by Airfix, October 15, 2013, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

CorkedHat posted the following on Facebook today and, as the whole point of the award is to commemorate our dearly departed finnster01 ( 9739.gif), I'm posting it here (with CH's permission):

This is Lottie Loats, winner of the Year 2-3 Finn Christensen Creative Writing award with the Deputy Mayor and the good looking bloke

The other photo is of Tom Dunlop who won the Prize for Year 5-6.

Well done to you both

I also decided to award the Finn Christensen Encouragement Award to Alex Boan, but alas Alex wasn't there to receive it on the day. He now has the money and certificate

:clap_hands:

The Equalizer

Excellent stuff! Brilliant work from the chapeaued ones(Messrs Hat and Hatter I believe), and it's good to see Corky looking so well.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 15, 2013, 02:22:53 PM
.... it's good to see Corky looking so well.

And, of course, further proof that CH is alive and well!

HatterDon

Excellent stuff! Brilliant work from the chapeaued ones(Messrs Hat and Hatter I believe), and it's good to see Corky looking so well.

Due to some electronic kerfuffles, I was unable to help out the esteemed Corked Hat this year on behalf of our sorely-missed Mr. Finn.  9739.gif

I hope I'll be able to participate next year.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on October 15, 2013, 10:30:01 PM

Due to some electronic kerfuffles, I was unable to help out the esteemed Corked Hat this year on behalf of our sorely-missed Mr. Finn.  9739.gif

I hope I'll be able to participate next year.

A problem with the interface between the keyboard and the chair?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CorkedHat

The Head Teacher at the School forgot to send me the entries, and then went on holiday. By the time he returned on the Monday, I had to judge the entries, produce the certificates and frame them by Wednesday morning.
There simply wasn't time to email them to Hatter Don expect him to read them and make a decision in a couple of hours.
As he says, next year will be different.
:down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Burt

I like the way the legacy of Finny lives on - with this award, the Slim Like Jim, etc. etc.

WhiteJC

YankeeJim

Quote from: Airfix on October 15, 2013, 03:48:26 PM
.... it's good to see Corky looking so well.

And, of course, further proof that CH is alive and well!

and to know that Finny is still with us. Good on them!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.