News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Bet 'enhanced' accumulator - don't you believe it!

Started by Neil D, October 15, 2013, 05:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

I fancied squandering some money this afternoon so decided to place a treble on an 'enhanced' accumulator with Sky Bet - Ireland / Serbia / Scotland all to win at 5/1.  Out of interest, I checked what the odds would have been if I had placed the treble normally.  Odds? 5.16/1.  I'd always assumed that 'enhanced' meant to the benefit of the punter.  It never occurred to me it was Sky which was getting the enhancement!  I took this up with Sky Bet and they admitted the error and would rectify the odds 'shortly'.  And that was it.  My advice - check next time you place a bet with Sky for an 'enhanced' accumulator.

Odds have been amended to 11/2.

Deanothefulhamfan

That is really naughty.... Well spotted though. I had the scorecast in the England game :)

westcliff white

i had the correct score in the england game but doubled it up with the correct score in the Belgium wales game. Belgian players had somewhat of a party on Saturday so just felt they may not be at their best. nice result.
Every day is a Fulham day

King_Crud

Neil D

Quote from: King_Crud on October 16, 2013, 08:41:45 AM
if three games are 5/1 shouldn't the odds be 15/1?
Odds like these - 3 bets as a treble each at 5/1 -would deliver a very welcome 215/1 for a return of £216 on a £1 bet.

My original bet on Ireland / Serbia and those lovely Scots to win at 11/2 paid out!

Cravenawin

For those out there who don't know how to work out the returns on an accumulator, you add the two numbers together and divide the total by the second number then multiply by the odds on the next selection etc etc times your stake.
Example; say you do a treble with odds of 9/2, 5/2 and evens.
9+2=11/2 x 5+2=7/2 x 1+1=2/1= £38.50 to a £1 stake.
Hope that helps.

Neil D

Quote from: Cravenawin on October 16, 2013, 11:17:38 AM
For those out there who don't know how to work out the returns on an accumulator, you add the two numbers together and divide the total by the second number then multiply by the odds on the next selection etc etc times your stake.
Example; say you do a treble with odds of 9/2, 5/2 and evens.
9+2=11/2 x 5+2=7/2 x 1+1=2/1= £38.50 to a £1 stake.
Hope that helps.

Helpful indeed - thanks.  I just rely on the bet calculators provided by the betting companies but it is useful to be able to work it out for yourself.