watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool back in the prem?

Started by epsomraver, May 08, 2010, 01:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

It would be a real throwback to the good old days if the Tangerine sods were playing at the Cottage again,  they are in the play offs, last time I went there, the  ground was a dump, corrugated iron sheets flapping in the wind, not sure what it is like now but they would have to spend loads of money to get the ground up to standard

LBNo11

...things have moved on at Bloomfield Road epsomraver. It would be nice to see the Tangerines back in the top flight, a team that had the talents of Jimmy Armfield and Alan Ball, and Stanley Matthews and Stan Mortensen before them. Holloway was quoted as saying he would prefer to have an attacking team that lost but tried, fine courageous words but likely to condemn them to a quick drop - I hope not though.

How it is now:-

How it was in the late 60's, early '70's:-

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Thanks for the images LB it had to improve! someone has spent some money there

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

They are still building one stand the ground isn't fully finished yet and the ground only holds 13,000 at the moment,I would love to see Blackpool in the Prem.The thing is with the payments being extended to 4 years if you get relegated now is the time to go up.If you go straight down to the championship you now have alot of money to play with to regroup and try again-for 4 years,you could spend years hopping between leagues until you get a strong enough squad to stay up-Bolton did it for years. :59:
Come on Blackpool :clap_hands:

GoldCoastWhite

2-1 up with 3 minutes to go. I was cheering for Forest for my bro in law's sake !

CorkedHat

I'd love to see Blackpool back in the top tier. There is something wonderfully evocative about the club. In addition to the players mentioned in this thread they also had Jackie Mudie and Bill Perry and a bald headed old geezer who looked older than WC Fields - Harry Johnston I think his name was.
I remember the famous Cup Final against Bolton - the Matthews Final they called it.
But sad to say, I think even if they are promoted they'll go down quicker than a WAAF's drawers at a Christmas party.  :beer:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

CorkedHat

Well at least Blackpool go into the second leg 2-1 up.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

jarv

I watched the game, very much like Burnley last season. Pool did try to play football. If the get promoted I hope they can afford a new set of shirts. They just didn't seem to fit anyone. Looked like a rag bag team of 12 year olds.

Lighthouse

Great to see them with a chance.I saw them in the first division a few times and saw tham at Old Trafford when Jimmy Armfield was playing. Good luck to em for the second leg.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

That'll be a top away weekend  :54: .

BarneyTravers

Always enjoy Jimmy Armfield's commentary's..class act and a class bloke.

FFTC

elcartero

Their new stand is quite impressive but I'm not sure I agree with the idea of both goals being at the same end.....

LBNo11

Quote from: elcartero on May 09, 2010, 09:21:11 AM
Their new stand is quite impressive but I'm not sure I agree with the idea of both goals being at the same end.....

:011:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Be good to see them back in the top flight.

It will also be a great away-day :)

os5889

Cardiff take a 0-1 lead away at Leicester  :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: