News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anybody have any questions for Shahid Khan?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 15, 2013, 07:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

What are your views on expansion of CC vs a new stadium and what are your current and long-term plans?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Forever Fulham

1. I suppose the first and most obvious question on everyone's minds, Mr. Kahn, is, "Why did you buy Fulham?"  It's a small club with a relatively small stadium, small seating capacity.  It carried a big debt load for its size.  It has been punching above its weight for years, a mid=table team struggling to compete in the EPL.  Why buy Fulham?  

2.  Mr. Kahn, the club reportedly breaks even or loses money every year.  When you bought the club did you think there were untapped revenue streams that you could explore which would somehow make the club more regularly profitable, and, if so, what are they?

3.  Mr. Kahn, for Fulham to survive in the Premier League, for it to avoid the economic death of relegation with which it is currently flirting, how much money do you think it should be spending every year on player payroll?  Is there a minimum player payroll, expressed as a percentage of total annual club expenditures, which you see as necessary to avoid the threat of relegation, and if so, what is that percentage?

4.  Mr. Kahn, commentators have remarked about the average age of Fulham players relative to the league as a whole, that we have the oldest roster in the league.  That that average age has mortgaged Fulham's future, reduced average team foot speed and endurance.  This is a game without TV time outs, one without regular and repetitive stoppages of play and without large scale player rotations, yet requiring near constant player movement.  How can Fulham compete with the age of its lineup, and what specific plans do you have to address the age issue?

5.  Mr. Kahn, following up on that last question about age, Fulham also has one of the best Academy squads in the league, yet few of those youngsters are finding their way onto Fulham's roster over time.  Why  is that?  What plans do you have to make the Academy program more relevant to Fulham's future needs?

6.  Mr. Kahn, this is a sport with a betting culture attached to it, where bets and odds given exist for just about everything, including which manager will get sacked next for poor performance.  Mr. Jol's name is at the top of that leaderboard right now with odds makers.  Do you continue to stand by Mr. Jol, and if so, why?

7.  Mr. Kahn, did Commissioner Goodell make any promises to you regarding relocation of the Jaguars to London?  What synergies do you think realistically exist in having both an American NFL team and an English Premier League team?  An NFL team can't be relegated for an 0 and 16 season, but an EPL team is under the constant threat of relegation, and all of the economic peril that relegation brings with it.  Do you fully understand the need to invest in players and coaches necessary to avoid the likelihood of relegation?  What steps are you taking to address our current run of poor form, or inability to score, our inability to take more than a few shots on goal a game, or average player age?

win-dup

When are you going to officially announce that the expansion of the riverside stand will not take place?

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on October 15, 2013, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: Peabody on October 15, 2013, 08:51:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 15, 2013, 07:49:33 PM
what twit advised you to implement a transfer plan set by a chairmen who desperate to get rid of the club and had already started asset stripping the season before?

And where is your evidence for this?
? just about every interview shad gave when he bought the club
I never saw any interview where Kahn said MAF asset stripped the club or in fact any interview any where by anyone saying that?.

I may have missed it being here in Belgium but I try to keep up to date. Can you post a link to where he said it.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on October 16, 2013, 01:07:51 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 15, 2013, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: Peabody on October 15, 2013, 08:51:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 15, 2013, 07:49:33 PM
what twit advised you to implement a transfer plan set by a chairmen who desperate to get rid of the club and had already started asset stripping the season before?

And where is your evidence for this?
? just about every interview shad gave when he bought the club
I never saw any interview where Kahn said MAF asset stripped the club or in fact any interview any where by anyone saying that?.

I may have missed it being here in Belgium but I try to keep up to date. Can you post a link to where he said it.
oh you are on about that bit. so what do you call selling our big players for millions and not replacing them followed by one of the smallest budgets even though with player sales and huge tv revenue increases we should have had a decent summer budget? i call it asset stripping
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rusty shackleford

MasterHaynes

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 15, 2013, 09:02:32 PM
Since you'll be covering the NFL game, I think it's only fair to ask an NFL question:

How much time has been given to the rebuilding of the Jaguars team? At which point do you expect to begin seeing a return on that investment in the form of winning seasons? Is the plan on track as you are seeing things this season?
very sharp,I can see where your going with this line of questioning  :clap_hands:

Two Ton Ted

On a hypothetical level playing field, who do you think you win a fight between a polar bear and a great white shark?
Never ever bloody anything ever.

WhiteJC

do you have any plans to name the new Riverside Stand? if so what?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on October 16, 2013, 03:17:18 PM
On a hypothetical level playing field, who do you think you win a fight between a polar bear and a great white shark?

You'd have to go with the shark I feel. The amount of wriggling and writhing around it would do, the bear would try to get a scratch, but would just keep missing, thus wearing him down. Then the shark just needs to bite back, and in one go the bear is dead
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ron

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 16, 2013, 07:36:21 PM

You'd have to go with the shark I feel. The amount of wriggling and writhing around it would do, the bear would try to get a scratch, but would just keep missing, thus wearing him down. Then the shark just needs to bite back, and in one go the bear is dead

Wouldn't the Shark hypothetically get out of breath in a fairly short time? 

SP

Hey RL63 - ask him how he feels about FFC fans who shout abuse at their own players?

:026:

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: ron on October 16, 2013, 08:44:37 PM

We're talking level playing field. So maybe the shark gets to wear a bowl over his head/gills that means he can breathe
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Forever Fulham

Quote from: SP on October 16, 2013, 08:58:13 PM
Hey RL63 - ask him how he feels about FFC fans who shout abuse at their own players?

:026:

Ask him how he feels about a star player visibly chastising teammates during games for ineffective play.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 16, 2013, 09:07:59 PM

We're talking level playing field. So maybe the shark gets to wear a bowl over his head/gills that means he can breathe

Wouldn't that interfere with his biting ability? Perhaps you could fit the polar bear with some sort of aqualung that fit his nose, leaving his teeth available. Does a bear eat shark fin soup?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BishopsParkFantastic

When will work start on the new riverside stand and anticipated date for completion?

Lighthouse

After his success in business does his Sport Investments give him the same thrill as building his company. Or is there just too many things that are out of his control in sport.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Do I really need to explain?  :022:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 17, 2013, 08:11:39 AM

Do I really need to explain?  :022:

See, we can't resolve it here. If anyone can, Khan can...
Never ever bloody anything ever.

The Equalizer

As the thread has already been hijacked, I'd just like to add my comments on the shark/bear debate:

As a keen naturalist and experienced shark diver, I believe that in any situation the polar bear would win. Polar bears are extremely strong swimmers, and with 4-5" of blubber and 6" of fur covering their bodies, they are very well protected against the razor sharp teeth of the great white. Great White sharks hunt from below with mouths wide open and attempt to stun/disable victims with a single bite before swimming away and coming back to finish the job. Polar Bear claws are also razor sharp and about 6 inches long. A single bite from the shark would take a mop of fur and blubber which is extremely tough for the shark to bite through: usually when feeding on whale carcasses the shark will grapple on and grind it's jaws from side to side in order to saw off the blubber, which in this instance would be extremely impractical as the bear would be swiping swathes of muscle and cartilage off of the shark while it undertook this lengthy feed.

To conclude, whilst it would be a very close fight, the polar bear's ability to swipe while the shark attacks would render the shark disabled long before the bear.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc