News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anybody have any questions for Shahid Khan?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 15, 2013, 07:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

I've just been awarded press accreditation to cover The Jacksonville Jaguars for the whole week during the build up to their game against The San Fransisco 49ers at Wembley next Sunday.

Now whilst I'm not promising anything, I am going to try my very best to get an interview with our owner.

Does anyone have anything they want to ask, and I may put them to him.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

The Bronsons

Is Premier League status sustainable for a club the size of Fulham without constant inward investment?

Holders

Will the proposed Riverside expansion be sufficient in itself to make Fulham a sustainable mid-table club?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Danitar

fulhamben

what twit advised you to implement a transfer plan set by a chairmen who desperate to get rid of the club and had already started asset stripping the season before?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

fulhamben

Peabody

Quote from: fulhamben on October 15, 2013, 07:49:33 PM
what twit advised you to implement a transfer plan set by a chairmen who desperate to get rid of the club and had already started asset stripping the season before?

And where is your evidence for this?

ron

As any old time dad would ask a prospective son-in-law...

"Are your intentions honourable......?"

We all would love to know the answer to that one. Some of us are less concerned than others that the honest answer may come out as "Not entirely".

ToodlesMcToot

Since you'll be covering the NFL game, I think it's only fair to ask an NFL question:

How much time has been given to the rebuilding of the Jaguars team? At which point do you expect to begin seeing a return on that investment in the form of winning seasons? Is the plan on track as you are seeing things this season?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: Peabody on October 15, 2013, 08:51:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 15, 2013, 07:49:33 PM

And where is your evidence for this?
? just about every interview shad gave when he bought the club

valdeingruo

Are there any plans to link Jacksonville to Fulham? More so then the cheerleaders and merchandise? This isnt a "are the jags moving to london" question, but if there are plans for more extensive links then it would be the first of its kind for a Premiership owner, who also owns a NFL team.

I know we are concerned for the future of our club but if he is covering the Jags they should be some what related questions, though i bet Shad wouldnt be suprised at recieveing strictly Fulham questions.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: andersons11 on October 15, 2013, 09:22:15 PM
Are there any plans to link Jacksonville to Fulham? More so then the cheerleaders and merchandise? This isnt a "are the jags moving to london" question, but if there are plans for more extensive links then it would be the first of its kind for a Premiership owner, who also owns a NFL team.

I know we are concerned for the future of our club but if he is covering the Jags they should be some what related questions, though i bet Shad wouldnt be suprised at recieveing strictly Fulham questions.

One of the questions I was going to ask was one along the lines of - 'Now that you have this partnership, will it mean that Fuham will be playing the majority of their pre-season games in Jacksonville?'
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

grandad

Can you please allow Martin Jol to purchase the players he really wants & not those that Mackintosh says he can have.
Where there's a will there's a wife

valdeingruo

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 15, 2013, 09:24:14 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on October 15, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

One of the questions I was going to ask was one along the lines of - 'Now that you have this partnership, will it mean that Fuham will be playing the majority of their pre-season games in Jacksonville?'

I can definately see him atleast coming to the US next year.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Tempest

1. why buy Fulham? What is the specific attraction?
2. How much money do you intend to take out of the club each season?
3. Fans expect progression, what are your expectations, league position, Europe, cups or are we going to remain a mid table PL club while our owner banks an inordinate amount of money from us?
4. Self sustaining is possible but that restricts progression as things stand. What ideas do you have to break new markets/new income streams.
5. What do you know about the future of football? Will clubs be able to negotiate their own tv deals therefore increasing revenue significantly (as per spain)
6. If you sanctioned 5 £10m player deals in the summer (progression) would the money be loaned to FFC? Interest free? A gift? How quickly would this have to be paid back.
7. If we get relegated, then what??
8. Thank you for buying FFC, if nothing else, it has given hope, talking points and a dare to dream about what might be.
9. For the outlay required, is it actually worth your while investing to get us in to the Europa league? You won't make money unless we get to the final and actually win the thing.
10 my own point of view, do not move us from CC. Do not turn us in to a Man City/Chelsea soulless clubs, at least let us flirt with Europe again. Give youth a chance, both players and managers, some good young managers out there, lets get some local lads in the first team, Fulham should be a club that attracts local talent with the view we offer great facilities and a genuine chance of a route to the first team. Confirm each season what you expect from the first team, if its mid table with little effort in the cup then say!
Live in Falmouth!

Fulham 442

An excellent post Tempest, I would like the replies to your questions and would like to add that I really don't care about the Jaguars!

TonyGilroy

If I were interviewing him I'd want to start with some very gentle questions designed to tease out the strength of his knowledge of and interest in football in general and English football in particular.

I really would like to know if this is a lifelong interest, even obsession, or whether it's about sports ownership in general - prestige, marketing, money etc.

I'd leave the specifics about the immediate plans to deal with the playing side because I'm sure he's too shrewd to give out any sort of confidential information.

The big question is "why Fulham?" and the PR correct reasons he's given so far don't give me a hint of the real answer.

Holders

Why Fulham when West Ham have the Olympic stadium with, presumably, the potential to host the NFL game?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

MAF wanting to sell is one reason  why he chose Fulham, I suppose.

Another might be the London location.

He also  presumably deliberately chose a modest sized club - one which is fairly unique being in one of the most competitive, elite leagues in the world, but remains a comparatively small club, with little option for expansion because of the size of the stadium.

Is he thinking of moving the club to a bigger ground? well he must know the difficulties of this, and he also presumably knows of, and finds attractive,  Fulham's niche 'brand' of the family club by the Thames, the oldest in london.

So I think he wants to be associated with Fulham to expand his other interests and promote them over here.

And  for this I'm sure he realises that he needs to keep Fulham in the Prem , and at least maintain Fulham's status as a mid table Prem club