more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy, Roy, Roy, Sir Roy of the Hodgson - merged

Started by MrProphet, October 15, 2013, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Quote from: Riverside on October 16, 2013, 12:15:13 PM
Roy has handled himself superbly all week.
With media handling and his football he has shown why he was made England manager and not "others".
The FA deserve some credit as well for appointing him.

Posts above have covered the highlights
1) An England team playing attacking football.   
2) An England TEAM . Terry and Rio are not missed .

I know we all miss Roy .
But I have asked the question before . How much are we missing Ray ?!

I think that many underestimated Ray but together with Roy he has been at his best. It was a good combination at Fulham and I was glad to see Ray join up with Roy at England as there was clearly not a good team up between Jol and Ray. Roy gets the best out of his people.

alfie

Quote from: NorfolkJim on October 16, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
Quote from: Riverside on October 16, 2013, 12:15:13 PM
Roy has handled himself superbly all week.
With media handling and his football he has shown why he was made England manager and not "others".
The FA deserve some credit as well for appointing him.

Posts above have covered the highlights
1) An England team playing attacking football.   
2) An England TEAM . Terry and Rio are not missed .

I know we all miss Roy .
But I have asked the question before . How much are we missing Ray ?!

I think that many underestimated Ray but together with Roy he has been at his best. It was a good combination at Fulham and I was glad to see Ray join up with Roy at England as there was clearly not a good team up between Jol and Ray. Roy gets the best out of his people.

I have the upmost admiration for RH, but he has been gone a while now and to be honest he left us when we still needed him to go to a bigger club, as we were no longer an interest for him, so why did he not take Ray with him to Liverpool and indeed WBA

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

So many wonderful words and sentiments on this post.  I too feel immensley proud of R and R's achievements and, more importantly, the style of football we are gradually developing.  I have absoluetely no doubt the defensive shape will come and then we could be a really decent team.  I am also very optimisitic about the young players coming through.

Do we miss R and R at Fulham? Of course we do, immensley.  They got the very best out of the players, built a formidable team, took us on great journeys, ensured we were taken seriously and made us very proud indeed.

Still everything has to move on so whilst wishing E ngland, Roy and ray all the best I am also still exercised about the here and now and I remain unconvinced that Jol is the right man for Fulham.

Chesh

I'd like to say first of all that I like how Roy Hodgson comes across in football interviews, liked him as Fulham manager, and like him as England manager.

However, many people have got short memories of how he left without so much as a cursory goodbye to the fans who had supported him at Fulham.

All this 'wish he was still here' and 'we love you Roy' fawning forgets the fact that he moved on because he felt himself to be better than us, and why on earth would he consider coming back after that?

I don't begrudge him trying his luck at Liverpool, as it was the right opportunity for him at the time (despite proving to be too much for him), but he could have been a bit more forthcoming to us, the fans, at the time, rather than shuffling off there without so much as a respectful 'enjoyed my time here, thanks, etc.).

That is why I find all this 'Roy, Roy, Roy' lovesick stuff a bit OTT. 

063.gif 
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Chesh on October 16, 2013, 06:46:13 PM
I'd like to say first of all that I like how Roy Hodgson comes across in football interviews, liked him as Fulham manager, and like him as England manager.

However, many people have got short memories of how he left without so much as a cursory goodbye to the fans who had supported him at Fulham.

All this 'wish he was still here' and 'we love you Roy' fawning forgets the fact that he moved on because he felt himself to be better than us, and why on earth would he consider coming back after that?

I don't begrudge him trying his luck at Liverpool, as it was the right opportunity for him at the time (despite proving to be too much for him), but he could have been a bit more forthcoming to us, the fans, at the time, rather than shuffling off there without so much as a respectful 'enjoyed my time here, thanks, etc.).

063.gif 

Perhaps because he delivered some of the best seasons in the history of this club and is probably the greatest manager we've ever had.

Roy Hodgson - The Best Fulham Moments

The good times!

mullers

Once again I'm leaking. There's water running down my face.

MrProphet

063.gif 

OTT for our greatest ever manager!

Roy did what Roy does let his football do the talking he said thankyou enough to me as a fan by giving me three of the greatest moments of my life (Pompey great escape, Juventus and Hamburg many more came close)

He acted with class and dignity throughout his time with us and that's enough for me. I was extremely proud to call him our manager and will never begrudge him his (believed) last final go at the big time

Sniffer

063.gif 

I thought I heard him say in an interview at the weekend "that fulham were a great club"
"Numquam Cede"

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Sniffer on October 16, 2013, 08:36:24 PM

063.gif 

I thought I heard him say in an interview at the weekend "that fulham were a great club"
He said that, or words to that effect on Match Of The Day on last Saturday night. Legend.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Chesh

063.gif 
i

063.gif 

He did - I was talking about when he left. I just remember he didn't have much nice to say about the club then. As I said, I don't begrudge him his opportunity, or belittle his achievements for us, but there was a surprising lack of class around the time of his exit, as if his time here was insignificant all of a sudden - that's all.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !