watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy, Roy, Roy, Sir Roy of the Hodgson - merged

Started by MrProphet, October 15, 2013, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

Best we have played in years! Not lost a game in qualification and was brave with his selections

Perhaps now he ll get the credit he deserves

In Roy we Trust  049:gif

Burt

Roy, Roy, Roy
Roy, Roy, Roy,
Roy, Roy, Roy.

(Repeat ad nauseum)

Just thought I would put it out there.

Delighted for him.

Skatzoffc

Half hoping England lost so he'd get sacked and Fulham could get him back.
Lol.
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Sniffer

And Ray Lewington   065.gif
"Numquam Cede"

Jimpav

The man's a tactical genius and I feel that the last two matches have answered his critics.

I can't see us going that far in Brazil but we won't be a pushover.

Willard

Hopefully the reptiles of the press will focus on the fact that Sir Roy is actually the manager of the England team.

But I doubt it.

Nevertheless perhaps we can move on from the ridiculous personality cult that has built up around Arry Redknapp.

HatterDon

Roy is the man you want when you have a team full of players that are solid but not brilliant. I can't think of any boss who could have gotten more out of this squad. He's not just high up in the ranks of England managers, he's got to be one of the best in the history of the game. I hope England do well, but I think that when they go out in the quarters, it'll be Roy and his style that's blamed by the press. The press continues to believe that England is a first-rate football power and, when the results don't equal their incorrect assessment, the boss gets the can. Exhibit A is Sven Goren Erickson, the most successful England manager since Ramsey in terms of results in major competitions, yet fired as a failure.

065.gif Sir Roy!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Ramsay was sacked as well.

I really can't remember England playing better since the Euro semi against Germany. We weren't tight but certainly good going forward.

Some real positives - Baines, Townsend and Walker (though he didn't play tonight) in my view.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jms

Every time I see Roy and Ray  sitting there on the sidelines, I just remember 'There's a tidal wave on the Thames'.......and I smile....and then I feel sad.
Our reality is so different these days.
Bring back Ray charging along the touchline and Woy leaping for joy.
Bring back passion, intelligence and common sense to the cottage.
049:gif

Holders

But doesn't it make you proud just to see them there?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Pluto

So proud to see Roy and Ray mastermind such a great victory tonight. We played some lovely stuff and they got the tactics absolutely bang on.

Of course they won't get any credit from the doommongers in the media who would rather print garbage from has beens like Redknapp and Warnock. No response from Roy naturally- he let his ability to manage a football team do the talking. The clowns have been firmly put in their place. I hope they get off England's back now and just let us enjoy the games.

NogoodBoyo

Three Fulham old boys - Roy, Ray and Smalling.  Pleased to see all of them do so well.
Nogood "missing them mightily, isit" Boyo

HatterDon

Quote from: Holders on October 16, 2013, 12:14:06 AM
But doesn't it make you proud just to see them there?

It does for me, and I'm not English.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

So happy.... Roy has been brave when he needed to be, he has brought our next generation of players through, and has got us playing great football.

Love the guy, deserves credit and recognition

aFFCn_Fan

I think England are finally likable again. With Kun Terry and Rio and their horrible personalities gone its now very much a Roy team. Losing them was like losing Bullard. Some question it, but then you've suddenly got quite a focused squad who aren't there to be a d*ck. I just hope we don't see either of them near the team again. I also hope Roy stays with Baines, ACole brings that nasty scum attitude too. There seems to be a sense of pride among the players.

The other thing is that Roy knows how to play tournaments. Its not always about winning, its about getting through. Some games aren't pretty but its the result that matters. It was a smart move for Roy to bring in Gary Neville too, he's committed to the cause, and respected by the players.

Like others said, seeing Ray, Roy and Smalling there was great, and I actually felt a sense of pride when Gerrard popped that second one home. Something I lost in Bloemfontein against Germany three years ago.
@hincharoo

RaySmith

Well done Roy - great way to answer your critics.

You seem to have built a real team ethos with England, like you did with Fulham.

jms

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on October 16, 2013, 07:41:54 AM
I think England are finally likable again. With Kun Terry and Rio and their horrible personalities gone its now very much a Roy team. Losing them was like losing Bullard. Some question it, but then you've suddenly got quite a focused squad who aren't there to be a d*ck. I just hope we don't see either of them near the team again. I also hope Roy stays with Baines, ACole brings that nasty scum attitude too. There seems to be a sense of pride among the players.

The other thing is that Roy knows how to play tournaments. Its not always about winning, its about getting through. Some games aren't pretty but its the result that matters. It was a smart move for Roy to bring in Gary Neville too, he's committed to the cause, and respected by the players.

Like others said, seeing Ray, Roy and Smalling there was great, and I actually felt a sense of pride when Gerrard popped that second one home. Something I lost in Bloemfontein against Germany three years ago.
:plus one:

Fulham1959

Roy has got where he is because of his coaching abilities and knowledge of the game.  He was not a big-name player or from a big club and doesn't have a personality or ego that has got him loads of media coverage through the years.  He just gets on with the job in hand.

I was unsure when he was appointed manager as I thought the press would be ready to crucify him for the slightest reason.  Yet, when he appointed Gary Neville I thought it was a brilliant and astute move to bridge the generation gap with a highly respected footballer whose experience at the top level is indisputable and will be invaluable.

I hope he can emulate Bobby Robson's success and finally earn the begrudging respect of the press and the gratitude of the nation.

All praise to the FA for seeing through the 'Harry Redknapp' for England nonsense.

filham

Greenwood, Robson, Keegan and Hodgson.

There have now been four England managers with Fulham connections, Roy could just prove to be the most successful of the bunch.

Well done Roy, you will have all the Fulham fans right behind you in Brazil.

Riverside

Roy has handled himself superbly all week.
With media handling and his football he has shown why he was made England manager and not "others".
The FA deserve some credit as well for appointing him.

Posts above have covered the highlights
1) An England team playing attacking football.   
2) An England TEAM . Terry and Rio are not missed .

I know we all miss Roy .
But I have asked the question before . How much are we missing Ray ?!