News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's next...a merger of the two countries?

Started by RidgeRider, October 15, 2013, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

So, I'm watching a sports show that came on after the England match on Fox Sports over here and one of the personalities is that English gal Georgie, and she's not only talking about the England match but talking about the MLB playoffs. We are seeing a lot of English sports talking heads on NBC now that they are covering the prem.

Very noticeable expansion of sports coverage from the other side of the pond along with those personalities that cover it.

Very small planet.

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 15, 2013, 10:18:41 PM
So, I'm watching a sports show that came on after the England match on Fox Sports over here and one of the personalities is that English gal Georgie, and she's not only talking about the England match but talking about the MLB playoffs. We are seeing a lot of English sports talking heads on NBC now that they are covering the prem.

Very noticeable expansion of sports coverage from the other side of the pond along with those personalities that cover it.

Very small planet.

I'm trying to convince Ms. Thompson to join me here in the Peoples Republic of South Texas to talk a little Fulham. We'll see.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

What's MLB please? A genuine question, not a flippant one. Basketball? Baseball?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

Quote from: Holders on October 15, 2013, 11:25:31 PM
What's MLB please? A genuine question, not a flippant one. Basketball? Baseball?
Baseball

Holders

Thank you. So an English girl is commentating on baseball?

A slap on the wrist for anyone who says that she probably played rounders at school!

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RidgeRider

Quote from: Holders on October 16, 2013, 12:18:06 AM

A slap on the wrist for anyone who says that she probably played rounders at school!

Not only did she comment but she did the 'lead in' for the discussion. I think she is well known in broadcasting in England. Maybe on Sky at one point or may still be.

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 16, 2013, 12:20:19 AM
Quote from: Holders on October 16, 2013, 12:18:06 AM

Not only did she comment but she did the 'lead in' for the discussion. I think she is well known in broadcasting in England. Maybe on Sky at one point or may still be.

and a very public Fulham supporter, Jack.

King_Crud

yeah i noticed when I was in Barbados recently that almost all of the premier league pundits on NBC were English, I think there was only one American

cmg

Oh yeah. Now the system of Government is going down the tubes and the dough is drying up, you want us back again.
You knew all that 'we hold these truths to be self-evident' malarky was never going to fly in the long run.
Well, I guess, because we love you really, we'll have you back....but you'll have to ask nicely.

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on October 16, 2013, 12:40:30 PM

Oh yeah. Now the system of Government is going down the tubes and the dough is drying up, you want us back again.
You knew all that 'we hold these truths to be self-evident' malarky was never going to fly in the long run.
Well, I guess, because we love you really, we'll have you back....but you'll have to ask nicely.

I want Ms. Georgie regardless of the state of anyone's government.  :HD:

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on October 16, 2013, 06:17:44 PM

The USA seems already to have nicked her boy friend, Sir Ben Ainslie, who recently orchestrated one of the most amazing comebacks in sporting history on behalf of the USA. That is, if you consider billionaires racing their carbon-fibre sailing boats at power-boat speeds around Alcatraz Island to be a sport.

I suppose we'll end up having to take Sarah Palin.

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on October 16, 2013, 06:57:15 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 16, 2013, 06:17:44 PM

The USA seems already to have nicked her boy friend, Sir Ben Ainslie, who recently orchestrated one of the most amazing comebacks in sporting history on behalf of the USA. That is, if you consider billionaires racing their carbon-fibre sailing boats at power-boat speeds around Alcatraz Island to be a sport.

I suppose we'll end up having to take Sarah Palin.

and her dance partner Ted Cruz as well, I'm afraid.

RidgeRider

ok, that was funny  :54:

YankeeJim

Not to worry, we change governments like the French change underwear - every four years. We'll be ride of the latest incompetents in 2016 and have them back under control in 2014. Than we'll start the process in reverse.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.