https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz

Started by Walsh, October 16, 2013, 03:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsh

scores for Costa Rica.

CanadianCottager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7BqwXGC0AlE Great goal, but he came off injured in the second half, here's hoping its not serious

kempkong

Once again why can he not do this for us on a regular basis. It must be the position and instructions we play/give him each game.

costarican white

Make him play like we do here and you´ll see the best version of him.

What a roller coster it was today
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

HatterDon

Quote from: kempkong on October 16, 2013, 05:55:32 AM
Once again why can he not do this for us on a regular basis. It must be the position and instructions we play/give him each game.

I think that's just the answer, Kempkong. With the Ticos, he runs things completely. He dictates the flow of the game. With Fulham, he's not given this responsibility. He is a Premier League quality player, but he's not given the opportunity to show it -- and he won't be as long as this remains Berbatov's team.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

Quote from: costarican white on October 16, 2013, 05:57:09 AM
Make him play like we do here and you´ll see the best version of him.

What a roller coster it was today

Best of everything in Brazil. Let's hope we meet in the QFs!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

btings

Unbelievable evening in CONCACAF.

Jack Fulham

Wow brilliant goal. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad.

RaySmith

Bryan is a top player, but i think it shows how competitive the Prem is the way that he generally doesn't impose himself on games  in the way that he can. Also, the fact that he plays for Fulham maybe, rather than a  more successful club.

But he does seem to struggle somewhat with the physical nature of the game here, and is often bundled off of the ball - though perhaps it's also the different refereeing.

But I was thinking of how he compares to Berba - a similar player perhaps. Berba is rarely knocked off the ball, and can give as good as he gets -and he has succeeded at the highest levels of the Prem.

hopefully, Bryan will develop this strength. he has already improved greatly, and is an important player for Fulham - though still a bit of an enigma perhaps, when he is so obviously talented.

Southcoastffc

Not sure if this has been seen before on this forum.  Not overly inspiring for a relegation dogfight!

http://www.forodecostarica.com/videos/116047-bryan-ruiz-sorprendido-en-karaoke.html     fp.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: kempkong on October 16, 2013, 05:55:32 AM

I agree. He plays too deep, rarely gets the chance to shoot. We've seen time and again that he's a good finisher. The mind boggles that Jol hasn't come to realize this.

Whiteroom

That commentator is unbelievable. Too much!

Lighthouse

The biggest complaint is always he loses the ball in his own half. Begs the question why do we ask him to defend and collect the ball so deep. Well that is the Fulham way under our present manager. Good players in a system that doesn't help them and a system that often means one can't play anyway.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

With the right players (again, lack of movement and pace) I reckon he could do a really good job.  Get people moving around him will get opponents moving away from him, giving him the room that he does clearly need and options to pass to.  Static players around him just results in opponents being able to 2/3 man him out of play.

PaulJ123

He seems to be playing a lot more up the field there, and he did the same for Twente I think? Would like to see him AND Bent up front together

Brown@FFC

I would like to see him and Bent play together. Ruiz is our best passer, and Bent is our best finisher.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I like Ruiz, but he was the worst player on the pitch against Stoke. Sometimes his thought process just seems to slow for a top level player, whether he's in his own half or at the 18 yard box.

nose

Everyone knows i am not  a Ruiz fan. He obviously has some ability but in over two years that has rarely translated into meaningful performances on the pitch, for us, in the premiership, not in belgium or against mexico where the football style is very different but here, now in england.
If he was all that we would all be singing his praises.... but you can all see for yourselves just how many people, not just me, do not rate him as a player for us.

I think his problem is he is lightweight, needs far to much time on the ball and generally when receiving the ball has to turn this way and then that at kleast two times, often three, before he can decide what to do. Hios goal against cardiff was an example of how well he might do if he acted quicker. I was stunned he took the shot on so soon after receiving the ball. Maybe iot was because he had only just come on. And with that to boosdt hios confidence he played a stinker V stoke, getting caught in possesion and giving the ball away at every unnecessary opportunity.

I just do not think he is suited to the english game, but I suspect he may flourish elsewhere.

I would be happy to see if he could be paired with bent or even playing just behind a bent berba partnership but i doubt we will see that.

horse1031

he can deliver a pass, shoots and can head more than he is currently showing.  I still think he can help this team.  it is true he is light weight but he also can see a pass and score.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 16, 2013, 02:05:23 PM
He seems to be playing a lot more up the field there, and he did the same for Twente I think? Would like to see him AND Bent up front together

I agree. Berbatov should be dropped for a few games. And Bryan encouraged to shoot.
Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !