watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ray lewington

Started by nose, October 16, 2013, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

what a pleasure to see him doing so well with england!
He deserves the success and what a nice fellow.

When we were in one of the lower leagues and he was manager.... I needed to buy FA Cup tickets, it was lunchtime and he was manning the ticket office phone! He sold me the tickets for the game and had time to chat regarding team tactics and in particular the benifit (as i saw it) of a near post corner flicked on to an on coming forward like we did in the tony gale to Ivor days. He said it was one of the things they tried but was harder to do in a match than it looked. We must have chatted for 20 mins or so.

I also met him and roy in turin before and after the Juve game and the two of them were gentlemen. I reminded him of our chat all those years ago and they both thought it was funny!

Neil D

You're right - a good, human interest story.  They both exude 'old school' values.  Good luck to them both. 

filham

Nice to know there are still gentlemen in football and even better to be aware they have Fulham connections.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: filham on October 16, 2013, 05:08:05 PM
Nice to know there are still gentlemen in football and even better to be aware they have Fulham connections.

0001.jpeg
I hope they take England to the final ..................  the good guys must win sometime !!!!

ron

Quote from: KCat on October 16, 2013, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: filham on October 16, 2013, 05:08:05 PM

0001.jpeg
I hope they take England to the final ..................  the good guys must win sometime !!!!

...and then come back home again to do the same for us with the cup final....hmmm, some chance!