watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bit of a longshot but

Started by Bassey the warrior, October 16, 2013, 09:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Would anyone be able to record the Palace game from the online stream if I told you how? I don't finish work until 8 and won't be home until 10.

Jamie88

I can try for you if you let me know

Bassey the warrior

Thanks a million mate. What you do is download a program called Replay Media Catcher. Run this program then start a stream, it will come up on the program and you just press record. Try using firstrow or nutjob as some streams didn't work for me. If you have a hotmail account you can save the video to SkyDrive so I can access it.
If you ever need me to return the favour just ask.

Jamie88

Ok, will have a play about with it tonight, I'll use firstrow that always appears to be the most reliable
No worries!

fulhamben

dont know about anyone else but i usually have to refresh a stream a couple of times during a game to keep it running correctly, would this effect the recording
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TheManOnTheBus

Interesting.

A little off topic, but I wonder if I might ask a related question.  I find that many of the streaming sites (including frontrow) throw up many pop-ups and I think are a haven for malicious software.  (Some of the ads are also a little inappropriate with wife and children around!)

I always avoid the invitations to download software, which some of the streams say you need, thinking that is safer, but I still get problems mentioned.

Does anyone know a nice "safe" way to view a stream.   

And is Replay Media Catcher safe also?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on October 17, 2013, 01:29:18 PM
Interesting.

A little off topic, but I wonder if I might ask a related question.  I find that many of the streaming sites (including frontrow) throw up many pop-ups and I think are a haven for malicious software.  (Some of the ads are also a little inappropriate with wife and children around!)

I always avoid the invitations to download software, which some of the streams say you need, thinking that is safer, but I still get problems mentioned.

Fair point. Nutjob is pop-up free. Replay is totally safe, I'd swear by it.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on October 17, 2013, 12:55:08 PM
dont know about anyone else but i usually have to refresh a stream a couple of times during a game to keep it running correctly, would this effect the recording

Yes it would. Each time you refresh it would start a new recording. Nutjob is usually more reliable. By the way if you just wait the stream will usually come back, it's just as quick as refreshing.

Bassey the warrior

The good thing about this software is it allows you to save a match and watch it again at your leisure, you can then make a DVD if you wish. I have a number of games on DVD.

Enter the Frei

Interesting.

download google chrome and ad blocker and the majority of adverts will either dissapear completely or turn blank. Might help you out a touch.

TheManOnTheBus

Hmmm. Just went to nutjob. Had a popup asking me to download ILivid!

And then had symantec anti-virus detect something malicious going on saying WebAttack" was trying to access my system (and that was before I clicked on anything!)

rusty shackleford

There are a couple of ways to watch every Fulham game and every premier league game for that matter in a high quality, full screen, non advert and virus filled way. They cost a few £ but

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on October 17, 2013, 03:27:30 PM
Hmmm. Just went to nutjob. Had a popup asking me to download ILivid!

And then had symantec anti-virus detect something malicious going on saying WebAttack" was trying to access my system (and that was before I clicked on anything!)

Use an adblocker. I never get pop Ups. 

Bassey the warrior

If you get them you can usually still watch it without them being in the way by maximising the stream to full screen.

fulhamben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 17, 2013, 03:35:07 PM
There are a couple of ways to watch every Fulham game and every premier league game for that matter in a high quality, full screen, non advert and virus filled way. They cost a few £ but
you cant be on about buying tickets as they have ads popping up all around the pitch for over 2 hours
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 17, 2013, 03:35:07 PM

If you do mean going to games it's sadly unfeasible for me. I'm skint, living hundreds of miles away and saving up for moving house (as a tenant, I'm not rich enough to buy one). I can't afford spending a few hundred quid every weekend for travel, tickets, food and accomodation.

rusty shackleford

Na i mean by streaming. Especially now that the US show everything the streams are getting better and better

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 17, 2013, 05:07:40 PM
Na i mean by streaming. Especially now that the US show everything the streams are getting better and better

I'll settle for low quality but free streaming, got to save the pennies.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 17, 2013, 05:07:40 PM

could you elaborate. How can I get a better stream albeit paid for?

Jamie88

Interesting.

I have a mac so feel relatively safe...besides, i've used firstrow with popups for years on my windows laptop and have never had a problem..i think its fine as long as you dont start clicking on popup windows and then accidentally download stuff