watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sir Roy's half time talk

Started by west kowloon white, October 17, 2013, 02:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

I really can't see what is racist about monkeys, no humans are directly related to them. It's frowned on to call somebody a cheeky monkey now, even though the term was used when i was small because certain types of monkeys are very mischevious, and people had the small ones as pets as they were so entertaining
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

Quote from: Berserker on October 18, 2013, 01:15:01 PM
I really can't see what is racist about monkeys, no humans are directly related to them. It's frowned on to call somebody a cheeky monkey now, even though the term was used when i was small because certain types of monkeys are very mischevious, and people had the small ones as pets as they were so entertaining
we still have cartoons betraying them as just that. Curious George and boots from Dora the explora.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team

Garry Neville has a new title !!!

If true .......wouldn't  that be a kick in the head for Roy

YankeeJim

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 17, 2013, 03:40:07 PM

Nothing wrong with political correctness - it simply means being polite.

No way was this racist in my opinion. Jokes about monkeys can only offend monkeys.

I wouldn't mind though having a polite discussion with Roy about his decision to play in apartheid South Africa back in the 1970s and asking whether he now recognises how wrong that was.

Racism is a very real and hateful part of society. Things are improving but there is a lot of room for improvement. Political correctness on the other hand has become a club for some people to be used to batter others. "If you don't think & act like me than you must be a racist, homophobe, sexist or whatever". It is a disease that needs elimination. The easiest way to determine if something is racist is reverse the comment. If it sounds ok when you are talking about one group, than there is the likelihood that it is ok. When it comes to football, the term monkey has ceased to mean a furry creature in the jungle so Roy would have been wise not to use the word. I would think that if any of the black players had been offended, someone would have spoken up. What I'm sure is the issue is some sports writer, probably white, heard of it and thought he had a story or could manufacture one because the political correctness Nazis would be sure to jump on it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.