watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's change to a 4-3-1-2 formation

Started by George G, October 17, 2013, 03:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George G

I reckon we should change our formation so we have two strikers (Berba and Bent) up top and Ruiz in behind, with Kasami dropping back to join Parker and Boateng in a three man midfield.

I don't know why but it seems every manager in the prem wants to play with one up top with a number 10 behind and two players on the flank.

I like what Rogers has done at Liverpool. I don't think we are quite capable of playing with three at the back like they do but I do think we should adopt their tactic of playing two up front.

I feel something is detracted from Berbatov's game when he plays a deeper role and Bent definitely shouldn't play that role either, so why not play them alongside each other?

I think it would certainly benefit Ruiz's game too because of the space it would create for him to work his magic.

I have a feeling Jol has something like this up his sleeve because in his preview he says something about wanting to change the formation to accommodate the two B's. I hope it's similar to my idea.
Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

grandad

Trouble with this formation is that it gives no width so no crosses. Everything would be funneled through the middle which is easier to defend against. I still prefer 4-4-2 which can easily convert to 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 as needs be.
Where there's a will there's a wife

George G

Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

westcliff white

I prefer a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 roaming and interchanging with each other, the problem then is the heavy work on the 2 in midfield.

I still think we will beat palace with any formation we put out
Every day is a Fulham day

Southcoastffc

Quote from: George G on October 17, 2013, 03:35:07 PM
I reckon we should change our formation so we have two strikers (Berba and Bent) up top and Ruiz in behind, with Kasami dropping back to join Parker and Boateng in a three man midfield.

I don't know why but it seems every manager in the prem wants to play with one up top with a number 10 behind and two players on the flank.

I like what Rogers has done at Liverpool. I don't think we are quite capable of playing with three at the back like they do but I do think we should adopt their tactic of playing two up front.

I feel something is detracted from Berbatov's game when he plays a deeper role and Bent definitely shouldn't play that role either, so why not play them alongside each other?

I think it would certainly benefit Ruiz's game too because of the space it would create for him to work his magic.

I have a feeling Jol has something like this up his sleeve because in his preview he says something about wanting to change the formation to accommodate the two B's. I hope it's similar to my idea.
I like it. As for crosses, They aren't the be all and end all - we don't score many from them now and we don't have to play that way. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

And anyway Martin likes wingbacks to bomb forward. I reckon most of our crosses this season have come from Riether and Richardson. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

twang

The thing is Liverpool has got two strikers that is constantly running out wide, making themselves available for a pass and stretches defences.

We would have Berba standing and moaning in the middle and Bent wanting a through ball straight away.

SmithyFFC

Yes lets take away any width from a team desperately lacking in it already! Also, with Berba, Ruiz and Bent on the pitch, we may as well just play with 8 men without the ball.  fp.gif
FTID

Forever Fulham

Good thread.  I've been lobbying for a 4-3-2-1 formation, arguing players like Kasami and Dejagah can make runs up the sides to keep the defenders from packing it into the middle.  Reither has shown a willingness and capability to roam up.  Sidwell will too.  But in my proposal, Bent would be alone up top with Berb and Ruiz behind him.

Deanothefulhamfan

I too like the idea of playing more narrow football, but I would go 4-3-2-1 and have two number tens effectivley. Our best players are Central players imo.... I would love Dejegah to be playing and if he was it would allow us to play wingers, but at the moment our wingers are ineffective

Much better than 4-4-1-1

Baider

+1

Been saying this for a while mate, 4-2-3-1 is not working with Parker and Kara in CDM, they are both too defensively minded to be able to get the ball forward and out wide to the wingers, thats why we are so slow and horrible to watch on the attack and on the counter, we have no middle man between the defence and the attack.

With a third creative CM, it gives him (Kasami/Taarabt) the freedom to attack with the security that Parker and Kara/Boa are behind him to defend

Bryanthebroom

4-3-2-1 has no width so success is based on a high degree of possession. Wouldn't work for us I'm afraid.

KP_FFC

no way our team desperately needs width
instead i would go 3 cb's and 2 wing-backs
it keeps our width and allows us to play 2 strikers and a cf/cam

Forever Fulham

But our most talented players are center up middle men. Sure, in a perfect world with adequate distribution of talent in all field positions, 4-4-2 is the way to go.  But we don't have that luxury.  And putting a loan creative attacking mid behind our lone striker isn't creating enough opportunities for the team. 

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 17, 2013, 11:16:55 PM
Yes lets take away any width from a team desperately lacking in it already! Also, with Berba, Ruiz and Bent on the pitch, we may as well just play with 8 men without the ball.  fp.gif

Well, in that formation the two outside backs should be providing width going forward. This might work for us, but would run our fullbacks into the ground. Not sure Richardson would hold up.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude