watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

From the Telegraph

Started by SP, October 17, 2013, 07:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Stoke City have lodged an official complaint to referees chief Mike Riley over the performance of Roger East in their defeat at Fulham.

cmg

Quite right. They should man up. Make a gesture. Resign from the League in protest. With 'em all the way.

God The Mechanic

In other, unrelated, news Stoke City have confirmed their status as "little bitches".

Artful Dodger

I'm not suprised, it was a clear foul on Ruiz and Fulham should have had a penalty and I think Hughes has every right to want to point that out to the Premier League.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Southcoastffc

To be fair, he was poor. Both sides suffered.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

horse1031

the amorebieta foul was probably a penalty but so was Ruiz's.  I don't think Ireland was even touched by Senderos even though it looked like it.

Burt

Agree with Mr Horse, the slow motions on MOTD suggested exactly this.

SP

I wonder if they lodged an appeal last season when one of their thugs punched Ruiz in the face off the ball?

ron

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 17, 2013, 08:06:08 PM

Stoke don't want to hear that both sides suffered...

.........they are fully paid up members of "Victims R Us"

Rudolph

A number of Fulham fans are backing this action by insisting there should have been a penalty given against Senderos.

ron

Quote from: SP on October 17, 2013, 08:54:46 PM
I wonder if they lodged an appeal last season when one of their thugs punched Ruiz in the face off the ball?

It was to no avail...The punch wasn't enough to wake Ruiz up.

Pluto

Too right. Ireland should have been sent off for his dive to try and win a penalty from Senderos. Why was the red card not issued?

Lighthouse

Mike Riley has always been a poor ref and Stoke have always been thugs and bullys who run home once they feel the play acting hasn't worked
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

+1. I see nothing wrong with them lodging a complaint, the ref was awful. Not just by being the ordinary biased awful, but by genuinely being crap at what he does for a living.

SmithyFFC

Slighly petty of Stoke isn't it? Yes the ref was poor, but he was for both teams, what really lost them the game was the inability of their defence too stay switched on for the full 90 minutes.
FTID

Forever Fulham

What stands out in my memory of that game was Ireland's despicable nonpenalized flop.  Do something about that!

RaySmith

Stoke players kept falling down and rolling around clutching their faces - this seemed a deliberate tactic to get  Fulham players carded and disrupt the flow of play.

Typical Stoke!  :046:

Deanothefulhamfan

It seems the one thing we all agree on is our dislike for Stoke.

Me and my friends have often discussed the fact that we would like them to get relegated, they are a horrible club and I'm hoping their time is up in the premier league this season.

MasterHaynes

why is this a surprise, every season about this time they put in a complaint about referees and too many decisions against them  and have always accompanied this with a one sided video. it puts pressure on referees for the rest of the season, i thought it was solely pulis but obviously the othet people in the club who are still there thinks it was a tactic that worked.
i think they have already ingrained into refrees that they are fall guys and punished because of reputation instead of actions, it worked against us as Whelan should have had a straight red for the tackle on Berbatov instead of a yellow, ecompare that tackle with habgelands slip which left the player standing over looking down on him.

Alan

Quote from: twang on October 17, 2013, 10:34:10 PM

+1. I see nothing wrong with them lodging a complaint, the ref was awful. Not just by being the ordinary biased awful, but by genuinely being crap at what he does for a living.

Well said Mr Twang. I think that Sparkless is starting to press the panic button after 3 defeats on the spin. If they lose this week, he could well end up stamping on the panic button...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?