more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (19/10/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 19, 2013, 08:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss taking nothing for granted ahead of Crystal Palace clash

Fulham manager Martin Jol is not taking anything for granted when his side face Crystal Palace on Monday.

The Eagles have only won one game since winning promotion to the top flight – against struggling Sunderland while Fulham have been struggling in recent weeks before their late winner against Stoke before the international break.

"It's not easy to go away from home and play against these teams," Jol said in his press conference.

"If you saw Crystal Palace away against Liverpool, in the second half they could have scored more goals than one.

"Of course, it was 3-0 [to Liverpool] going into the second half but they could have scored two or three.

"They're a strong team and it will be difficult but I think we've got the qualities and the players to get a result.

"It's the Premier League, so it will be difficult, but hopefully we'll get the points."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_boss_taking_nothing_for_granted_ahead_of_crystal_palace_clash_1_2900651

WhiteJC

Diarra suffers setback in bid to earn new Fulham deal... but Jol still keen to keep him

Fulham boss Martin Jol wants to offer Mahamadou Diarra a new deal despite the midfielder suffering another injury setback.

The Mali midfielder hasn't featured for the first team for more than 10 months due to a serious knee problem.

Diarra's contract expired at the end of last season but he has been training at the club's Motspur Park base in a bid to get back to fitness.

The 32-year-old made his long-awaited return from injury for the reserves last month, only to break down in training.

On the comeback trail: Mahamadou Diarra is trying to prove his fitness to Fulham manager Martin Jol

But manager Jol is still keen to offer the former Real Madrid ace fresh terms providing he gets up to speed.

'We told him he needed to play three games to be 100 per cent fit and then we would give him a contract,' said the Craven Cottage chief.

'But he had a setback, first his ankle and now his knee. The surgeon in Madrid thought it was a good idea to put him on a four-week rehab schedule.

'We'll try to get him 100 per cent fit and then make a judgement. Diarra knows that if he's fit he's a very good player still.

'But if he's not then I can't use him, so you can't blame us for not paying people if they don't play.'

Safe hands: Keeper Maarten Stekelenburg is in contention after spell on the sidelines

Meanwhile, Fulham have been handed a boost ahead of Monday night's clash with Crystal Palace after Maarten Stekelenburg was given the green light to return to action.

The Dutch keeper has played just 75 minutes since his summer switch from Italian giants Roma after picking up a shoulder injury on his debut against Sunderland on the opening day of the season.

But Stekelenburg is back in the frame and could return to the side at Selhurst Park.

Scott Parker, Brede Hangeland and Dimitar Berbatov are also expected to be fit, while Aaron Hughes and Ashkan Dejagah are back in contention.

Back in the frame: Fulham's Scott Parker is in line for a recall after shaking off a calf injury

Jol added: 'Everyone is fine – all the international players came back fit.

'Parker will train today and hopefully he will be fine. Berbatov and Hughes are back and will train too.

'Dejagah is okay. He wasn't in contention until now but he must be 100 per cent and I have options on the flanks.

'Adel Taarabt came back from Morocco like all the other players and trained too.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2465707/Mahamadou-Diarra-dealt-blow-bid-earn-new-Fulham-deal.html#ixzz2i9RjAKzm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Why Martin Jol must start Dimitar Berbatov with Darren Bent

Getting the right formation and the correct players to play in it can be difficult for Premier League managers. With different philosophies from many teams, does he try to counter the threat of the opposition or take the game to them? Certainly, so far this season, Fulham manager Martin Jol has yet to strike the right combination.

Part of the problem could well be that a number of the Cottagers' best players or better performers this season - Pajtim Kasami, Bryan Ruiz and Adel Taarabt - prefer to play as the number 10 and are less effective on the wing. Another issue is that by playing one up top Jol is keeping either Dimitar Berbatov or Darren Bent on the bench.

Both strikers play very different games and bring their own take on the lone striker role. For example, Bent wants to be in the box; he wants to run on to through-balls and put it in the back of the net. While Berbatov is perfectly adept at this too, he wants the game to flow through him and as such often drops into midfield when the central midfielders are being pressed.

While an extra body to help create in midfield is useful, when Berbatov plays up front on his own it leaves the opposing centre-backs able to push up and close the gap that is created. This limits Fulham's space, and in particular whoever plays in behind the striker - most often Ruiz. With Berbatov now operating in his space, he has no outlet for his passing.

When it is Bent playing as opposed to Berbatov there is the potential of the opposite problem. Of course his three goals so far in limited appearances - mainly off the bench - suggest that this is less of an issue than the alternative, but when he is played from the start his need to get into the box can often translate to his being isolated. While in theory this should create space for the number 10 it could leave too much work for the creator.

Jol alluded in his most recent press conference that Bent was brought in to play with Berbatov, and the on-loan man himself said that the pair were trying to strike up a partnership in training. With the differing styles the two bring to the striking role, the conundrum could well be solved by both playing together.

It would require a change in style. Berbatov could perhaps be tried as the number 10, but the partnership would be more effective if he dropped deep from a position alongside Bent. Instead of playing with attacking midfielders on the wing, Jol might have to choose two genuine wingers in order to widen the play and create space for crosses for Bent to bury.

Where the combination would reap most rewards, however, would be with Bent hanging off the shoulder of the defenders and keeping them on their toes. While Fulham currently have space quickly closed down with Berbatov playing with his back to goal, he would instead have a lot of space in which to operate in behind Bent. His touch is excellent even in confined areas, but with more space would come the chance to really dictate play.

The issue with playing both - and this could be why Jol has appeared reluctant to so far - is what of Ruiz and Taarabt? Neither player excels on the wing and instead prefer to operate centrally. Jol could perhaps sit one of them in front of a defensive midfield core, but that would be a gamble. The simple fact remains that Fulham would look a far more dangerous prospect with arguably their two best players, Bent and Berbatov, both in the starting XI.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/why-jol-must-start-berbatov-with-bent_111924.html

WhiteJC

Fulham's Under-21s can show Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal how it's done this evening

Fulham's Under-21 side could go top of the Premier League this evening with a win against Newcastle United.

Fulham's youngsters have made a fantastic start to the season, eclipsing several of the big sides as they close on a place at the top of the Under-21 Premier League.

They have a cracking record so far this season of four wins and two draws from their six games, joining Arsenal as the only other unbeaten team in the division.

Fulham have been playing efficient football and while their attack has scored the fewest goals in the top six, their defence has conceded the fewest which has allowed them to edge a number of tight games.

They should be confident ahead of the match this evening as they take on a Newcastle United side currently sitting in mid-table.

It should be a fascinating contest because Newcastle have recovered well with two draws and a win from their last thee games following back-to-back defeats.

Fulham have the home advantage and they should be very confident because while Newcastle have scored significantly more (18) they have conceded 19 goals, which means Fulham will get chances.

Three goal striker Cauley Woodrow is unavailable, currently on loan with League Two side Southend United but Muamer Tankovic and Mesca have scored five goals between them so far this season.

Fulham are not the first side many will think of when it comes to the best development squads all over the country because they don't have the pool of resources that larger clubs enjoy.

However, they have a chance to make a real statement of intent before West Ham United and Sunderland, currently above them, have a chance to react this Monday.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/10/18/fulhams-under-21s-can-show-chelsea-liverpool-and-arsenal-how-its/?

WhiteJC

Palace boss Ollie: Fulham game not a must-win

CRYSTAL Palace manager Ian Holloway has rubbished talk that Monday night's visit of Fulham is a must-win match.

The Eagles have only the solitary victory since promotion to the Premier League - a 3-1 victory at Selhurst Park over Sunderland - and they are the total points they have collected in the opening months.

But Holloway has hit out at suggestions that Palace have to win the derby.

He said: "We've got 31 games to get 37 points - that's it. Simple.

"There is no such thing as a must-win or six-pointer because if we did win then someone should get six points - then it would make sense.

"Someone said to me the other day that the one thing you don't want to happen is to be cut adrift. But I go back to the fact we need 37 points from 31 games.

"It would be nice to get three points because we are at home under the floodlights and in front of our fans. We've got the chance to get three points against Fulham and then another chance against Arsenal a few days later. You can't judge where you are going to get your points from, you've just got to get them.

"Every home game is important because you have the advantage of the crowd. Away from home you hardly get a decision. We need the fans right behind the lads, like they have been, and to get some decisions that we're about due.

"When we do get a chance we have to make it count. We've been punished for mistakes and not capitalised ourselves.

"There is nothing wrong that a win wouldn't put right on Monday. Can we get? Can we work hard? I'm delighted it's a Monday game because if we'd had the game tomorrow I'd have had no chance whatsoever to get the team actually sorted [due to players being away on international duty]."

Fulham could line up with Darren Bent - a summer loan target for the Eagles - leading their attack. Dimitar Barbatov, Scott Parker and Aaron Hughes are also all set to be fit.

"They's got floods of stars everywhere - but it's not about that," said Holloway. "It's about us getting our game together. Can we hurt their back four and get at their full-backs? Stop Berbatov and Duff? It's a great challenge for us but that's what it is all about. I'd rather be where we are then fighting to get back up again.

"At the end of the day, Bent is their player and not our one. I look at our players and want to see if we can get them scoring. He chose Fulham. They have got riches beyond our means because of where they've been and with a new owner it is a new era for them. Good luck to them - but not on Monday night."

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=36128&headline=Palace

WhiteJC

Premier League: Crystal Palace v Fulham match preview
A look ahead to Monday's fixture at Selhurst Park

Crystal Palace will look to turn their fortunes around on Monday, as they meet Fulham for the first time in eight years.

Palace, on the back of four straight defeats, have only won once at Selhurst Park this season – a 3-1 victory over fellow strugglers Sunderland - and Ian Holloway's men will look to add to their 3 points. Fulham are only just above in 17 place, with pressure firmly on manager Martin Jol. However, gaining their only second win of the season last time out against Stoke has eased the pressure slightly, and a win could see them climb up to mid-table. The Cottagers will be hoping for more from summer signing Darren Bent after his first goal in the Premier League, whilst the Eagles will be hoping Dwight Gayle will be on top form in this London derby.

KICK OFF: Monday, 8pm.

PAST MEETINGS...

Fulham 3 (Cole x2, Radzinski) Crystal Palace 1 (Johnson pen.), Premier League, January 2005

Crystal Palace 2 (Johnson, Riihilahti) Fulham 0, Premier League, October 2004

Crystal Palace 0 Fulham 2 (Boa Morte x2), League Division 1, March 2001

Fulham 3 (Saha, Clark x2) Crystal Palace 1 (Ruddock), League Division 1, October 2000

STATS...

In 41 games they have contested, Crystal Palace have won only 11 of these – 14 were drawn and 16 were lost.

Along with Sunderland, Crystal Palace are the only side yet to keep a clean sheet this season.

A Fulham player has netted a brace in three of the last four meetings between the two sides – Andy Cole, Lee Clark and Luis Boa Morte.

Fulham have failed to find the net in nine of their last 16 Premier League away matches, including the last two.

ODDS...

Crystal Palace to win: 2.78

Fulham to win: 2.82

Draw: 3.4

TV: Live on Sky Sports 1, 8pm.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-crystal-palace-v-fulham-match-preview-8889270.html

WhiteJC

Jol enters the last-chance saloon

Just over two weeks ago I called for Martin Jol's head; I maintain that he is not the man to take Fulham forward. But in coming through the must-win game against Stoke City, the Dutchman has bought himself time. Yes, it may simply be a stay of execution but he has earned the right to take the team into the next two away games at Crystal Palace and Southampton. He now has to take advantage and emerge with at least four points (although arguably six are required) from next week's matches.

Of course, a significant portion (I'd say majority) of the Fulham faithful are fed up with Jol's management and the team's gradual regression under his tenure but the fans will throw their support behind the team regardless. Ultimately, if Jol can turn this ship around then no one will be calling for him to be sacked; it's a simple equation. We want to see our team play better football, score goals, concede less and win football matches; if Jol can deliver that then he'll regain the backing and affection of the SW6 punters. His future is firmly in his own hands.

By the time we play Palace on Monday, Jol will have had over two weeks since the Stoke game. While plenty of the first team have been away on international duty, the manager has had time to work with a number of the seniors. The two week hiatus has also given those carrying minor injuries the chance to recover and Jol goes into the Palace game with a full squad, barring the injured Matthew Briggs. There are no excuses; if the Dutchman can't achieve results now, he never will.

While the return to fitness of Scott Parker and Dimitar Berbatov is a bonus, the return of the Dutch number one, Maarten Stekelenburg, could provide the more significant lift. David Stockdale has done a decent job in Stekelenburg's absence but it has come as little surprise that the defence has struggled with a less commanding and confident goalkeeper behind it. By contrast, the Dutchman exudes class and calm. He also brings excellent distribution to the party. Now we just need him to stay fit.

Has Jol managed to teach his team how to defend set pieces over the past few weeks? Has he found a way of including Bryan Ruiz, Berbatov and Darren Bent? Has some sort of tactical balance been achieved? Can Jol finally begin to make the most of the not insignificant talent within the squad? For the spherical Dutchman's sake, let's hope the answer to all of these questions is 'yes'; he's entering the last-chance saloon.

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/fulham/news/18-10-2013/jol-enters-the-last-chance-saloon/851673?#ixzz2i9U3RLeM

WhiteJC

Hangout with Chairman Shahid Khan

Join us live on fulhamfc.com on Tuesday 22nd October at 3pm BST as Chairman Shahid Khan takes the time to answer fans' questions in a Google+ Hangout. Several fan groups will be represented from around the globe via video link, and each will have the opportunity to put their questions to Mr. Khan during this live video broadcast.

You can watch the whole Google+ Hangout live via fulhamfc.com from 3pm on Tuesday 22nd October. The first of its kind – you won't want to miss it!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/october/18/hangout-with-mr-khan?

WhiteJC

Bent explains Crystal Palace snub

Fulham frontman held talks with Eagles in summer before Fulham came calling

Fulham frontman Darren Bent says he rejected a move to Crystal Palace to reunite with Martin Jol.

The on-loan Aston Villa striker snubbed a move to Selhurst Park in August, linking up with former Spurs chief Jol at Craven Cottage instead.

Bent held talks with Palace boss Ian Holloway and looked to be on his way to south London, only for Fulham to hijack the deal.

The 29-year-old has scored three goals in seven games since his arrival in SW6, including the winner against Stoke last time out.

Fulham face the Eagles on Monday night, but Bent could've been lining up against the Whites had Jol not come calling.

He said: "There was a lot of talk. I spoke to Ian Holloway but I always knew Fulham was the place for me. I am here now and I am delighted to be here.

"No disrespect to Crystal Palace or Ian Holloway, it is a fantastic football club and he is a fantastic manager.

"The moment Martin Jol called me I could only ever see myself coming to Fulham.

"I know what it's like to work with him and what type of manager he is."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bent-explains-crystal-palace-snub-6174310?

WhiteJC

A Big Inspiration

Martin Jol hopes the carrot of a potential World Cup spot will spur his players on to deliver on the pitch for Fulham this season.

The Netherlands, Costa Rica, Switzerland, England, Iran and Colombia have all already qualified for next year's showpiece event, while Ghana, Greece and Sweden will navigate the Play-Offs. Fulham have representatives in or around each of those respective national squads, and the Whites boss hopes it serves as an added incentive in the build-up to the tournament.

"That's a big inspiration and I always try to use it," Jol admitted. "Not overuse it because it could be a big problem as everyone wants to go to the World Cup. For example, Brede Hangeland's got no problem with Norway [who failed to qualify], Philippe Senderos wants to have his games, he wants to play, and if they don't play they've got a problem because all national team managers want their players to play. For example, with Louis van Gaal [Netherlands manager], if you don't play he won't select you. So of course I use it as a motivation.

"I've got youngsters like Alexander Kačaniklić – he's in the Sweden national team and did well. Pajtim Kasami has made his debut [for Switzerland] now so, of course, they want to go to Brazil, but first they have to perform and do well [for Fulham]."

Bryan Ruiz's Costa Rica secured their spot in Brazil with games to spare, and Jol insisted his playmaker can be very proud when he leads his nation at the competition next year.

"We went to Costa Rica and I saw how respected he was," he said. "He's the captain of his country and, of course, Latin America is a bit small – smaller than South America – but if you look at their national team, if you look at the clubs, they are playing at a high level. To be captain of a country that goes to the World Cup is something to be proud of."

In his pre-match press conference ahead of the Crystal Palace fixture, Jol was questioned as to the progress currently being made by Mahamadou Diarra. The midfielder's contract expired in the summer, but he has been training with the Club in the hope of securing a fresh deal.

"Diarra knows that, if he's fit, he's a very good player still," Jol said. "But if he's not fit I can't use him and you can't blame us for not paying people if they don't play.

"He was injured and went to Madrid and he had a little setback so we put him on a four-week rehab schedule again to get his fitness back. He had a setback, first with his ankle – someone kicked his ankle when he played with the Reserves.

"We told him that he had to play three games to be 100 per cent fit and then we would give him a contract. But he had that setback with his ankle and now with his knee, so the surgeon in Madrid thought it was a good idea to put him on the four-week rehab schedule.

"We're trying to get him 100 per cent fit again in four weeks and then we will make an assessment and make a judgement."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/october/18/a-big-inspiration?

WhiteJC

Premier League: Darren Bent always wanted Fulham move rather than Crystal Palace

Fulham striker Darren Bent has insisted a move to Crystal Palace was never an option for him during the summer.

The 29-year-old England international joined the Cottagers on loan from Aston Villa in August despite strong interest in him from Eagles boss Ian Holloway.

Holloway was left frustrated by Bent's decision, but the player insists he could not turn down the chance to move to Craven Cottage.

"There was a lot of talk [about Palace]," Bent said. "I spoke to Ian Holloway but I always knew Fulham was the place for me.

"I am here now and I am delighted to be here.

"No disrespect to Crystal Palace or Ian Holloway, it is a fantastic football club and he is a fantastic manager. I could only ever see myself coming to Fulham."

Sunderland, who Bent left to join Aston Villa in January 2011, were also interested in his services, although it was a move that he did not feel comfortable with.

"It was a flitter but it wasn't anything major," he said.

"When I was up there now, everything has changed from the chairman, to the manager, to the backroom staff.

"It is a completely different club. There were flitters but my only destination was Fulham."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8978059/?

WhiteJC

Fulham must address their business in this January's transfer window

If we are to avoid the drop this season then we must spend wisely and assertively in this January's transfer window.

These last two months have been difficult ones for Fulham, and Martin Jol in particular. As a team we have lacked serious cohesion and there is a stagnating air of frustration present onmatch days.

These problems however have not just materialised. Apart from finishing last season with a win at Swansea, our run of form up to that fixture, picking up a single point in seven games, was abysmal.

After beating Queens Park Rangers and securing 39 points, it appeared the team were content with the years work and so commenced an early summer holiday.

For me the season couldn't come to its conclusion quickly enough, and suddenly as a club we were acknowledging that changes needed to be implemented if we were to retain our premier league status the following year.

With the finger pointed at Martin Jol, the transfer window would be his opportunity to right the wrongs of the previous season and begin to introduce his managerial style to the team - signing players that would suit his system, whatever it was.

With many ageing players featuring in the starting line-up some young talent was vital. Not only would it increase our pace and energy levels on the pitch, it would supplement the likes of Damien Duff and Giorgos Karagounis, players who are now, arguably, unable to put in an effective shift for the full 90 minutes.

We also needed a creative midfield player - one that would emulate what Moussa Dembele was achieving for the team before his departure. As the transfer window slammed shut, we had indeed signed some useful players, but once again, in hindsight, did we make the most of it?

In my opinion, no we didn't. The way we went about our business in the transfer window was both tentative and short sighted. Yes we made what looks to be a great signing in centre-back, Fernando Amorebieta, and yes I must admit I was excited by the prospect of goalkeeper, Maarten Stekelenburg and signing of workhorse Scott Parker, but we ignored the vital areas that needed improving.

I understand that the media play a part in the circus that is the transfer window, and that not everything you hear is to be believed. That said however, both the signings of Scott Parker and Darren Bent were far too tentative. The impression from both players was that, despite interest from other clubs, they were interested in joining Fulham, so why did the deals take so long to complete?

Speculation was that both were on their way, then not, then going elsewhere, then signing etc. etc. It was as if these two players were back up buys that we were forced into signing as their availability was diminishing and nothing had materialised elsewhere.

Derek Boateng was bought with some assertion, but one game in finds himself dropped, as the similar aged and styled Scott Parker joins the team. The signing of Maarten Stekelenburg too was riddled with mistakes. Yes his injury could well be a bit of bad luck, but suddenly as a team, having told Mark Schwarzer he is no longer first choice, we are without a quality goalkeeper.

Recently we have been linked with Wilfred Zaha, and there is speculation that he may be joining the club on loan. I personally however just cannot see this happening. It makes too much sense for us to bring in a young and talented playmaker and due to our aforementioned lacklustre attitude to signing players, and the understandable competition for his temporary signature; he'll no doubt be going elsewhere.

Martin Jol is now well aware of the pressure he is under, and although many are calling for his head, I question who can come in and make an immediate impact. The January transfer window, for me, is his last chance. It's the perfect opportunity for him to demonstrate not only his ambitions, but also those of the chairman, Shahid Khan.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2013/10/18/4851878/fulham-martin-jol-wilfred-zaha-transfer?

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace v Fulham preview: Team strengths, tactics and stats
Check out all the vital statistics ahead of this weekend's Premier League meeting at Selhurst Park

Ahead of this weekend's Premier League meeting, between Crystal Palace and Fulham, see how the sides compare on possession, pass accuracy, tactics and much more.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/crystal-palace-v-fulham-preview-team-strengths-tactics-and-stats-8889729.html

WhiteJC

Quotes From Holloway: Pre-Match Vs Fulham

Ian Holloway spoke to the press briefly this afternoon ahead of the visit of Martin Jol's Fulham side. His comments, although only brief, are attached below:

It's where you are at the end of the season that matters. Not the start. We need the rub of the green. Get that chance and make the most of it. I believe we will turn it around. We've got to try and finish first of the bottom four. What we've been doing lately isn't good enough, got to do better. Even though we're being ribbed. Palace fans should hold their head up high and say 'we're after you'.

Zaha is sorely missed. He could do things that others couldn't. He'll do the same at a top club. Manchester United are a top club.

Keeping Palace in the Premier League would be my greatest achievement. Fulham is not a must win game. It's more a must not lose game.

We've got to try to capitalise on our floodlights, our crowd here, and things will look a lot better if we get a win.

http://hltco.org/2013/10/18/quotes-from-holloway-pre-match-vs-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Mile Jedinak v Steve Sidwell: Head-to-head analysis ahead of the clash between Crystal Palace and Fulham
Check out all the vital statistics concerning
the two sides' midfielders ahead of this weekend's Premier League meeting at Selhurst
Park

Ahead of this weekend's Premier League meeting, between Crystal Palace and Fulham, see how the sides' defenders David Luiz and Steven Caulker compare.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mile-jedinak-v-steve-sidwell-headtohead-analysis-ahead-of-the-clash-between-crystal-palace-and-fulham-8890002.html

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace v Fulham: match preview
Read a full match preview of the Premier League game between Crystal Palace and Fulham at Selhurst Park on Monday October 21, 2013, kick-off 20.00 (BST).

Back in the running: Scott Parker could be back in Fulham's line-up after recovering from a calf problem
Photo: ACTION IMAGES

Monday October 21 2013
Crystal Palace v Fulham
Selhurst Park
Kick-off: 20.00 BST
TV: Live Sky Sports 1.

Palace (Possible, 4-3-3): Speroni; Ward, Mariappa, Delaney, Moxey; Puncheon, Jedinak, O'Keefe; Jerome, Chamakh, Kébé.
Out: Dikgacoi (hamstring), Williams, Hunt (both ankle/foot), Murray (knee).

Fulham (Possible, 4-4-1-1): Stockdale; Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Amorebieta; Duff, Sidwell, Karagounis, Kacaniklic; Berbatov, Bent.
Out: Briggs (groin).
Test Parker (calf).

Referee: Lee Mason (Matches 4, R1 Y14)

Betting: Home 13-8, Away 17-10, Draw 9-4.

Team News Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Monday's Barclays Premier League clash with Fulham.

Yannick Bolasie is pushing for a first league start, having come off the bench in the 3-1 defeat at Liverpool before the international break.

Club captain Paddy McCarthy has returned to training after a prolonged spell on the sidelines with a groin injury, but Glenn Murray (knee) remains absent.

Scott Parker could be back in Fulham's line-up for their Barclays Premier League match at Crystal Palace on Monday.

The midfielder has been sidelined with a calf problem, but subject to a fitness assessment, will make a welcome return to Martin Jol's squad.

Defender Aaron Hughes will also train with the squad ahead of the fixture as he continues his recovery from a thigh injury, and the manager has also declared Adel Taarabt fit after the recent international matches.

Match Notes It is too early to call a match in October a six-pointer yet this has the hallmarks of being a battle of will rather than skill between two sides already desperate to move away from the relegation zone. Martin Jol eased the pressure on himself with a much-needed 1-0 victory over Stoke before the international break and his side will be expected to see off Palace.

Stat of the game: 4 Palace have lost their last four league games, their worst run for three years.

Bob Williams's prediction: 1-2.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10387064/Crystal-Palace-v-Fulham-match-preview.html

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway sorry for speaking out over Darren Bent deal

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway has issued an apology for his comments relating to Darren Bent's move to Fulham in August.

The striker looked on course to join Palace on loan from Aston Villa, but the 29-year-old instead decided to travel to Fulham's Motspur Park training ground for talks with Cottagers boss Martin Jol.

Holloway then announced he had lost out on the former England forward, which angered Jol as Fulham had not confirmed the deal.

But Jol did get his man and Bent is expected to start up front when Fulham travel to Selhurst Park for Sky's Monday Night Football showdown.

"It's in the past now," Holloway said. "Fulham did very well to get him, so well done to Martin.

"We had a couple of discussions about it and I thought he was turning up at our training ground, but you've never got them in your keep net until they're there.

"At the time I got a camera shoved in my face 30 seconds after finding out he had signed for Fulham. I do apologise to Martin and didn't realise they hadn't announced it at the time."

Bent insisted he was never likely to join newly-promoted Palace despite holding talks with Holloway.

"I spoke to Ian but I always knew Fulham was the place for me," he told the London Evening Standard.

"No disrespect to Crystal Palace or Ian Holloway, they are a fantastic club and he is a fantastic manager but I could only ever see myself coming to Fulham."

Holloway managed to bring in 15 new faces before the summer transfer window closed, and he admitted he may try and lure Manchester United midfielder Wilfried Zaha back to the club on loan in January.

"I love the kid, I think he is a fantastic boy and it was right for him to move," he said.

"How his career will go is entirely up to him. Man United and David Moyes have more than enough good players and they will choose to teach him what they want and play him whenever they see fit.

"The boy, from my point of view, is sorely missed at this football club because of the belief he used to give us because he could do things that other people couldn't.

"The emergence of Adnan Januzaj hasn't really helped Wilf but with the competition he will grow. Good luck to him and we will revisit that [a loan move for Zaha] if and when we might see fit, but he is not our player."

Watch Crystal Palace take on Fulham on Ford Monday Night Football, live coverage starting at 7pm on Sky Sports 1

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8978702?

WhiteJC

Special Feature: Top 4 London Football Stadiums

FULHAM – CRAVEN COTTAGE

Another Premier League team from London, Fulham FC also opens its doors to visitors and fans wishing to get up close and personal with members of the team and visit places within the Craven Cottage stadium that are only usually reserved for players and the administration staff.

Tours run daily at 11.35am and booking is essential as it's a popular half-day out for all football enthusiasts.  Fulham FC is now owned by auto-parts entrepreneur Shahid Khan, who is also the owner of NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars.

Craven Cottage has also played host to the late great Michael Jackson and even had a statue erected in his honor, which has now been removed.

http://www.o-posts.net/news/teams/uk/special-feature-top-4-london-football-stadiums/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+O-posts-news+%28O-Posts+-+Football+News%29

WhiteJC

No new injury worries for Crystal Palace ahead of derby clash with Fulham

Fleet-footed winger Yannick Bolasie could make a first start having made his Premier League bow from the bench at Liverpool

Bolasie back: Eagles winger could be set for a starting role after returning from injury prior to the international break
Christopher Lee

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Monday's Barclays Premier League clash with Fulham at Selhurst Park.

Congolese international Yannick Bolasie could be in line for a first league start, having impressed with his speed and trickery off the bench in the 3-1 defeat at Liverpool before the international break.

Also, centre-back Danny Gabbidon is included in the Eagles squad, having missed the trip to Anfield with a hamstring injury.

Club captain Paddy McCarthy has returned to training after a prolonged spell on the sidelines with a groin injury but won't be considered, while last season's top-scorer Glenn Murray (knee) and Welsh midfielder Jonaathan Williams remain long-term absentees.

Provisional squad: Speroni, Gabbidon, Moxey, Delaney, Mariappa, Campana, Guedioura, Bannan, Thomas, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Chamakh, Jerome, Gayle, Puncheon, O'Keefe, Bolasie, Phillips, Kebe, Price

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crystal-palace-team-news-no-2467124#ixzz2i9YROEBD
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

WhiteJC

C Palace v Fulham preview

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the Premier League clash with Fulham at Selhurst Park on Monday Night Football.

Yannick Bolasie is pushing for a first Premier League start, having come off the bench in the 3-1 defeat at Liverpool before the international break.

Club captain Paddy McCarthy has returned to training after a prolonged spell on the sidelines with a groin injury, but Glenn Murray (knee) remains absent.

Scott Parker could be back in Fulham's line-up for the London following a recent injury absence.

The midfielder has been sidelined with a calf problem, but subject to a fitness assessment, will make a welcome return to Martin Jol's squad.

Defender Aaron Hughes will also train with the squad ahead of the fixture as he continues his recovery from a thigh injury, and the manager has also declared Adel Taarabt fit after the recent international matches.

http://www.teamtalk.com/match/preview/978/8978792/Crystal-Palace-v-Fulham-preview-Yannick-Bolasie-could-start?