watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, October 19, 2013, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Morning all. This may have been mentioned before but it is coming up to the 10th anniversary of what I regard as one of our best ever league away wins. That 1-3 at Old Trafford, and I was there after dragging my wife along. An horrendous journey with a prior over night stay in Derby ruined by a skateboard convention that ended with a free stay as it was pandemonium all night long!
   Lee Clark's early goal, Mark Pembridge's cracking shot that hit the bar as Louis Saha ran them ragged. The Forlan equaliser in first half injury time looked to be the end for us....however goals by Steeeed and Innamoto sent us away fans into raptures. We were also denied a blatant penalty by old mother Mike Riley for a push by G Neville on Boa I think and could have scored more. Indeed as the match commentator says, towards the end, something on the lines of 'Fulham are toying with Manchester United' Toying!   
  At the final whistle the away fans did not want to leave, when doing so I felt like a salmon swimming up stream being massively outnumbered by home fans. I have never been so proud of my scarf! 
  I recall bit fat spare tyre Ron Atkinson giving us no credit at all putting the win down purely to Ferguson's team selection!
The down side was Ferguson saying how well Saha played and how good he would look good in his side...come January he was gone.
A marvellous day out though, one that I will NEVER forget. Others who were also there must have similar memories.....

092.gif

bog

It's me again. I forgot to say that I framed my ticket and has stood on the lounge mantle piece ever since...

LBNo11

...I would love to find the audio clip of you calling 606 and being deliriously happy, a magic moment in live broadcasting...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ron

"An horrendous journey with a prior over night stay in Derby ruined by a skateboard convention that ended with a free stay"

How did you manage that bog? Did you do a moonlight on your skateboard and skip paying the bill...?  :005:

bog

Les I couldn't control meself after me Bruce Forsythe impersonation...good game good game etc and Ron me on a skate board...no chance! We had the old bill arriving at 3am, it was a riot! Mind you having freebee does stop one having a moan.

Enter the Frei

I was there as well and it will always be one of my favourite Fulham memories. To be so dominant at Old Trafford was just amazing and the atmosphere in the away end was something else.

Jem

Quote from: bog on October 19, 2013, 10:45:55 AM
It's me again. I forgot to say that I framed my ticket and has stood on the lounge mantle piece ever since...
I've still got a photo of the scoreboard on the wall at work. Happy days!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

bog

I just watched a dvd of the game. All played brilliantly. Voltz at rb was excellent. Bonnisel was a good player but we never saw the best of he because of injuries. It was good to see the home fans clapping our players off at the end. Wot a day out that was! 

092.gif

Burt

I was on a half term break with the Mrs Burt and a very young Burt Jr and even younger Ms Burt, and couldn't believe the result when we got back to the holiday cottage we had rented.

MOTD made for good viewing that night.

Cookie's finest moment as our manager.