https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very good weekend for us so far

Started by PaulJ123, October 19, 2013, 05:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

Norwich, Cardiff, Hull, Sunderland all losing
Stoke and WBA drawing.

A win on Monday would put us in a much healthier position.

Craven Mad

Just about to post the same thing.

Both in terms of points and goal-difference, we're looking in a much better place now than this morning.

Also, terrible day for Sunderland and Poyet - looks like we might've dodged a bullet there.

Admin

As per usual, the pressure will be on us to perform, and usually we don't. When ever we face a game like this, it always brings me back to Palace and Watford away a few seasons back. They were reckless games and certainly no good for the nerves.

We never seem to do things simply. I'm not saying that we should go to Palace and just turn them over, but we should at least be getting a result from this, considering the amount of talent we have in our squad.

I've been saying for weeks that this game will make or break our season, including Jols job. Win, and we can push on, lose and I think it's safe to say Jol will be without a job and we'll be down there for the remainder.

We've had enough time to prepare the squad for this one, get certain players fit, and for Jol to really work on things that have been letting us down this season. If we grace the field once again with another Cardiff or Newcastle like performance, I certainly won't be happy.

Like above, results have gone our way today, so come on Jol, prove your doubters wrong for a change and get this one bloody right!

Fulham76

Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 19, 2013, 05:21:34 PM
Norwich, Cardiff, Hull, Sunderland all losing
Stoke and WBA drawing.

A win on Monday would put us in a much healthier position.

I certainly wouldn't describe us hanging on to 4th bottom because others lost as a 'very good weekend'. Seeing us in the bottom 3 may have given Jol the kick up the arse he needs. Instead, he's more likely to go to Palace on Monday & play the usual negative crap & hang on for a dull draw, (which of course, is unlikely at this level - even against the likes of Palace). Great stuff!!

ScalleysDad

We have not looked good on SKY tele for ages and as Jol continues to prove he has run out of ideas this one could get messy. Holloway will be motivating his team and looking at options even if those come into play after the game has started. A must win derby will be plastered all over the home dressing room. For Jol the umpteenth line up change seems imminent and if he is sticking with the two untouchables and our new keeper is going to get a run out that leaves eight places to fill with fire, fury and an attacking intent. Parker will need to lead this one but I doubt that will happen. I have noticed several posters starting to drop the untouchables for actual games or FIFA games. I wonder? As has been said a win will mean a jump up the table but the angst and general malaise about the place is not going to lift any time soon is it? Anybody else getting emails offering various ticket options even though we have two ST's. We are not, it would seem to me anyway, a big seller at the moment. Did we send a huge batch of tickets back to Palace in the end?

Berserker

I think if we lose Jol will more than likely go. A draw or win will be what is expected.

I'm thinking of going back to having just the one season ticket next year
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.