News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

a defeat tonight really will be the pits.

Started by win-dup, October 21, 2013, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

On the basis that a point away from home is always good I'll be ok with that, but a defeat really will be an indication that we are in a bad way. I would hope for nothing less than a totally committed performance and have a feeling that we shall win. Here's hoping.

Northern Cottager

I think we'll be fine in the end. Probably be on the back foot for a few minutes while they get the crowd behind them but hope Parker and Sidwell can steady things and hopefully he uses Bent, Berba and Taarabt...I'm probably going to be frustrated and we'll have no-one past the half way line.

Deanothefulhamfan

Have to win tonight, our next few fixtures are really tough.

Hopefully the Stoke result is a sign of us turning a corner.

Really interested to see the starting 11

Tempest

Not an anti Jol post but for me a huge game for him. We need to show intent, even if we batter them and only win 1-0 that will do me, but we need to go out, dominate and force the game, his line up and intent is a huge indicator for me. If we can't dominate this fixture, even away from home, we're in trouble, we have the players to do it, now its time for Jol to show we have the manager too. COYW and Come on Martin!!!
Live in Falmouth!

Brown@FFC

You know Jol will bring a negative vibe for the game as soon as the team sheets are released. Players like Boateng and Bent who should be in the first XI, won't be.

mikeyffc28

3-0 win - fact!  :033: Don't tell anyone.

Nothing against Palace but if they are the one team considered nailed on for relegation then if we don't take 6 points against them we deserve to be down there at the end of the season.

MJG

A win tonight is vital given the 3 fixtures ahead.
We win it saves Jol for 3 more games.
Lose and the removals truck should be outside MP by the time the coach gets back after the game.

Baider

I'd be more surprised if we won than if we lost put it that way

premFlem

defeat tonight will be a sure sign shads investment is going down the pan .....a win would be nice.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Slaphead in Qatar

A defeat tonight would not surprise me one bit. However, i think a draw is the most likely outcome.

jarv

Shame. We are all hoping for a win but in pre-Jol days we would be thinking about how many goals Fulham will score. How times change.
I think the players will be a bit nervous early on, so don't expect all out attack first half. I doubt Jol's tactics or selection will change much but let's hope. :54:

Two Ton Ted

In pre Jol days we famously had an appalling away record so we'd all be saying we'd be happy with a draw, but probably lose by the odd goal in 3.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MJG

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on October 21, 2013, 12:23:01 PM
In pre Jol days we famously had an appalling away record so we'd all be saying we'd be happy with a draw, but probably lose by the odd goal in 3.
In the pre Jol days we had a great home record, last year he provided us with one of the worst.

RaySmith

Our away record is a lot better under Jol than under any previous Fulham Prem manager.

I remember when Roy got a standing ovation from Fulham's travelling support for parking the bus, and getting a nil-nil draw at Anfield - but under Jol we won at Anfield for the first time ever.

We have already won an away game this season, and last season we won at Spurs and  WBA, and other places - whereas i remember when we went a whole season with one away win.

RaySmith

A point will be a good result tonight against an up for it Palace, but  I hope for win obviously.

TonyGilroy

Jol's had a battering these last few months and for me the biggest question is whether he has the strength of mind to turn things round.

I'm on the fence. So much of the criticism sems OTT to me but then the performances and results really haven't been good enough. IMO he's right to stick with Berbatov but too many of his decsions have seemed to be all over the place. He is though a vastly experienced manager with a decent CV.

Seemingly everyone is now fit so hopefully we will finally see the team that Jol wants to put out. That team needs to put on a show.

I don't know what to expect but it seems reasonable to withhold praise or criticism until after the game.