https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I really Do Not Understand

Started by Peabody, October 21, 2013, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Quote from: RoyTund on October 21, 2013, 11:41:16 PM
Quote from: Barrie on October 21, 2013, 10:46:23 PM
Speaking for myself, we can't rely on wonder goals and 100% percent shot conversion rates to get us results for the rest of the season, and the fact is that the overall performance really shows little sign of improvement.  We rarely look like creating opportunities or scoring, and we seem to we prefer passing backwards to attacking.   I'm delighted with the goals and result tonight, but for me they do little to disguise the fact that the problems that have afflicted us all season very much remain.  And that is what concerns me moving forward.

We controlled the second half and actually, although not a dominant performance first half, how many real chances did palace have?  Don't underestimate the value and effort to come from behind to win like that.

We were piss poor first 30 mins. We were lucky we equalised when we did. Thankfully we do have quality in places and not even Richardson could manage to give up more than one clear opportunity.

Barrie

Quote from: RoyTund on October 21, 2013, 11:41:16 PM
Quote from: Barrie on October 21, 2013, 10:46:23 PM
Speaking for myself, we can't rely on wonder goals and 100% percent shot conversion rates to get us results for the rest of the season, and the fact is that the overall performance really shows little sign of improvement.  We rarely look like creating opportunities or scoring, and we seem to we prefer passing backwards to attacking.   I'm delighted with the goals and result tonight, but for me they do little to disguise the fact that the problems that have afflicted us all season very much remain.  And that is what concerns me moving forward.

We controlled the second half and actually, although not a dominant performance first half, how many real chances did palace have?  Don't underestimate the value and effort to come from behind to win like that.

Palace are a poor side and will drop barring something extraordinary.  But it was a wonder goal that changed the complexion of the game.  "That goal had not been coming in any way, shape or form" was the BBC5live commentators post on the website. After the second goal, Palace's fragile confidence was shot, and well done to the boys for taking advantage.

Unfortunately though, we won't be playing Palace every week.

callumc513

Honestly, the whole team seemed more confident when Hangeland was taken off, he honestly has no redeeming attributes that could ever mean he should play for the whites.

God The Mechanic

While the goal may or may not have been coming, one this is for certain is that it did come.  And after that Palace weren't the same team as they were beforehand.  Which has happened to us a few times over the last little while.  Yet that wasn't used to mitigate a decent performance from the opposition, yet is being used to beat ourselves.

It wasn't a great performance, but it wasn't a bad one.  Set pieces were a lot better, Bent should have scored just before Berba did, the defence looked a lot more solid without Hangeland (barring Richardson's iffy performance), whilst the width wasn't there from midfield onwards the full backs did provide some whilst still doing their own main job.

It was solid, and we won 4-1.  I'll be more than happy with a few more solid performances with those sort of results or, hell, a few solid 2-1 wins.

Big Martin Jol

Let's not beat about the bush, we were quite poor at times. But you know what? In light of the result, the nitpicking and analysis can wait a little while.

Our first reaction as fans should be to celebrate a hefty away win, in whatever fashion we came by it.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

jarv

2 TWO away wins already this season. Great result, should boost confidence in the players. 082.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

I think a negative post was posted at half time, We were lucky to be leading at half time and despite our two wonder goals we played very poorly and were in fact the second best team

Fast forward to the second half and we were a totally different side, we dominated the play, dictacted the tempo and played some beautiful attacking football. We just need this level of performance for 90minutes if we are going to continue getting results against the better teams.

I feel the board is really positive, which is fantastic. It was a massive result for us and the second half was the best we played all season. We just need to build on that second half performance

terryr

Quote from: Junichi on October 21, 2013, 11:21:53 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on October 21, 2013, 10:47:34 PM
If a person can't be positive after a 1-4 victory why are they a fan of anything? Guess all they can enjoy is a dominatrix.  fp.gif

Just got the bizarre image in my head of Billy the Badger, in full dominatrix gear, whipping the arse off of a boo-boy, who's repeating the words "Jol out" over and over again.

I should probably sleep soon.

Quote from: Riverside on October 21, 2013, 11:14:47 PM
ENJOY  082.gif

AWAY VICTORY  082.gif

4 GOALS  078.gif 078.gif 078.gif 078.gif

AND 2 CONTENDERS FOR GOAL OF THE SEASON  :wine: :wine:

My glass is half full

well now empty ......

now full ...........

now ..............

you get the drift

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

I'll cheers to that Mr Riverside  082.gif
FUNNNNNNNY

vagrant

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on October 21, 2013, 11:32:53 PM
Jol out, he is not good enough, it wasn't his tactics that won us the game, rather more so from our players ability from both set pieces and accurate shooting.
Still delighted with the result of course...

So based on that theory, it's not Jol's tactics that lose us a game, more so from our players inability from set pieces and inaccurate shooting.

When does it ever end .....

Peabody

I am also a bit perplexed about, at, what I consider to be the over the top reaction to Brede and his loss of form. A loss of form that may have something to do with an injury, or simply a loss of form. Yet, some of you have turned on him like a pack of wolves. Not so long ago, he was the best thing since sliced bread, now you want to sling him on the scrap heap. I dunno, some people.

JBH

Quote from: Peabody on October 22, 2013, 11:36:39 AM
I am also a bit perplexed about, at, what I consider to be the over the top reaction to Brede and his loss of form. A loss of form that may have something to do with an injury, or simply a loss of form. Yet, some of you have turned on him like a pack of wolves. Not so long ago, he was the best thing since sliced bread, now you want to sling him on the scrap heap. I dunno, some people.

:plus one:

He is obviously carrying an injury and needs a rest and as we now have decent cover MJ can leave him out for a few weeks

As for negativity on the board, I also find it boring and in fact no longer bother reading certain peoples posts.

filham

I agree , Brede needs our support and we should remember how good he has been for such a long time.

Never the less something is wrong, a sciatic nerve issue is being suggested, until this is sorted he should be rested and then given a couple of non premiership games to enable him to recover form.
Playing as he is at the moment is a handicap for us.

Peabody

Quote from: filham on October 22, 2013, 11:55:05 AM

I agree , Brede needs our support and we should remember how good he has been for such a long time.

Never the less something is wrong, a sciatic nerve issue is being suggested, until this is sorted he should be rested and then given a couple of non premiership games to enable him to recover form.
Playing as he is at the moment is a handicap for us.

Can't argue with that